Candidates meet the NRA (Merged)

Candidates meet the NRA (Merged)

This is a discussion on Candidates meet the NRA (Merged) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Rudolph W. Giuliani will go before the rank and file of the National Rifle Association on Friday, seeking support for his Republican presidential campaign from ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Candidates meet the NRA (Merged)

Senior Moderator

Thumbs down Rudy wants your vote, you "extremists"

Rudolph W. Giuliani will go before the rank and file of the National Rifle Association on Friday, seeking support for his Republican presidential campaign from a group he once likened to "extremists" for its efforts to repeal the ban on assault weapons.

But even as the former New York mayor strives to burnish his Second Amendment credentials at the gathering in Washington, a panel of federal judges in his home town will be hearing arguments on the lawsuit that Giuliani filed seven years ago aimed at punishing the nation's gun manufacturers for violent crimes involving firearms.

Announcing the lawsuit in 2000, then-Mayor Giuliani wrote in his weekly column about issues facing the city that "this is an industry which profits from the suffering of innocent people. The lawsuit is intended to end the free pass that the gun industry has enjoyed for a very long time, which has resulted in too many avoidable deaths."

He called the lawsuit "an aggressive step towards restoring accountability to an industry that profits from the suffering of others." The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit will decide whether the lawsuit -- against Colt, Glock, Smith & Wesson and others -- can move forward despite federal legislation that attempted to grant immunity to the companies.

A spokeswoman for Giuliani's presidential campaign yesterday declined to say whether he still supports the lawsuit or the goals he laid out in 2000.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...091902200.html
    I am not trying to initiate a political debate here - and I hope nobody else takes this as the start of one.

My sole purpose of posting this is to remind everyone where this particular candidate stood, and what he's said about the Pro-2A community in the past.

I would hope that anyone considering voting in the elections will carefully consider his part words along with his new platform that he presents to the NRA today.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

This is a joke, right?

I mean, it has to be...

he will NEVER get my vote.

Ron Paul or Bust

Looks like Rudy is trying to do some "damage control".
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

"Rudolph W. Giuliani will go before the rank and file of the National Rifle Association on Friday, seeking support for his Republican presidential campaign from a group he once likened to "extremists" for its efforts to repeal the ban on assault weapons.

But even as the former New York mayor strives to burnish his Second Amendment credentials at the gathering in Washington, a panel of federal judges in his home town will be hearing arguments on the lawsuit that Giuliani filed seven years ago aimed at punishing the nation's gun manufacturers for violent crimes involving firearms."
    I cannot believe that the NRA allowed this anti-gun extremist a platform to speak from at their convention. The NRA will get a scathing phone call from me today.

Giuliani can talk all day at the NRA, but that doesn't mean he'll get any endorsement. He caused quite a bit of damage against the 2A with his mayorship.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I think the vast majority of gun-owners know exactly what Rudy thinks of them. It'll be interesting to see just how much double-speak he tries to get away with during this.

He's trying to weasel his way into a few more votes, but I think it'll backfire on him. Gun-owners in general are politically savvy and have long memories.

btw, if anyone finds a vid of this later, please post it.

i just called the NRA and gave someone an ear full. i am a 50 year member of the NRA who has always defended the NRA. Over the years i have contributed to the PVF and ILA until it hurts. The NRA will get no more contributions from me. All future requests for donations will be returned with a copy of my check made out to the GOA.

i gotta puke.

Of course now that he needs votes he supports repealing NYC's draconian gun laws, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    i just called the NRA and gave someone an ear full. i am a 50 year member of the NRA who has always defended the NRA. Over the years i have contributed to the PVF and ILA until it hurts. The NRA will get no more contributions from me. All future requests for donations will be returned with a copy of my check made out to the GOA.

i gotta puke.

What is the problem with letting him talk to the NRA? If anything he will come away having gotten an earful and learning that his actions in the past carry far more weight than the hollow promises he makes now that he needs us. It teaches him a lesson and more importantly it will stand as an example to future candidates who think they can pander to the antis in their area for their entire career until they need national votes to move upwards. Let him speak and let him bomb.

"What is the problem with letting him talk to the NRA?"

The NRA gave the scumbag a forum. Now he can claim that he has "credibility" with gun owners and that the NRA supports him and his insane gun control policies.

Well, maybe they will shout him off the stage.....

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

He wants your money too!

NEWT 2008!

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Does anybody have strong feelings for or against Fred Thompson? So far he seems the most common sense approach to things. I have not heard his approach on guns yet though.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    he will NEVER get my vote.

Ron Paul or Bust
    x2. IMHO...unfortunately for Ron Paul and us supporters, i think what he stands for prohibits him from being a serious contender. it may be what the nation needs, but there are too many $$'s standing in the way.

"The first thing you have to do is disarm the people. A disarmed public can't fight back" -- Adolf Hitler

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links