New Jersey has now equaled the UK in toy gun STUPIDITY!

This is a discussion on New Jersey has now equaled the UK in toy gun STUPIDITY! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/inde...390.xml&coll=3 WEST NEW YORK - A man was arrested after accidentally shooting his girlfriend in the thigh with a plastic BB gun Sunday, police reports ...

Thread: New Jersey has now equaled the UK in toy gun STUPIDITY!

VIP Member

New Jersey has now equaled the UK in toy gun STUPIDITY!

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/inde...390.xml&coll=3

WEST NEW YORK - A man was arrested after accidentally shooting his girlfriend in the thigh with a plastic BB gun Sunday, police reports said.

Pedro Dubon, 38, of the 200 block of Cliff Street in Cliffside Park, was charged with aggravated assault and unlawful possession of a weapon, reports said.

The woman was shot in the upper right thigh with a plastic pellet fired from an air-powered rifle at a home on 50th Street and Bergenline Avenue at 12:44 p.m., reports said. Jersey City Medical Center responded, but the woman refused treatment, reports said. The man appeared to be "playing around with the gun" and the bullet ricocheted off a wall before hitting the victim, reports said.

"No one should be using any kind of weapon indoors," West New York Police Director Oscar Fernandez. "It might not kill someone but it could injure someone seriously."
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

BB and pellet guns are regulated and require a FID card to purchase as if they were any firearm. As the Jersey Journal rarely ever gets anything right, I would take their reporting with a grain of salt. Most likely it was a bb or pellet gun.
    Richard Scalzo, Capt.
    Secaucus PD
    Secaucus, NJ
    Retired !!!!

Senior Moderator
    Even AIRSOFT ?

thats what happens when you get rulers with an irrational fear of weapons in power.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Assuming this is talking about an airsoft gun... Yeah, I've both accidentally and intentionally shot my now ex-girlfriend with an airsoft gun. If I should be arrested for that, then man, I quit. And what, did she call the police? That would be ridiculous, I guess that's what you get for dating an INSANE woman if that's the case. And medical personnel responded? Are you kidding me?! Hmm... I wonder why she refused treatment? Probably because she couldn't even tell where she was hit like one minute after the fact!

And to this "No one should be using any kind of weapon indoors," West New York Police Director Oscar Fernandez. Are you kidding me as well? They're airsoft guns. Many people use them indoors often because guess what, you can without any problem. And the "weapons" are MADE for shooting other people with. I guess according to these people paintball should be outlawed and anyone caught playing should be immediately arrested.

And what about this "unlawful possession of a weapon" charge? It's essentially a toy gun. If he's charged with "unlawful possession of a weapon" for having an airsoft gun he should have been arrested long ago for owning kitchen knives.

I simply HATE this kind of crap. I'm sorry to go off on a rant about it so much, but it makes me crazy. Anyway...

Take care,

nasm

OMG... the only reason I have Airsoft weapons is to use them inside the house to shot Stupid (@*^&$@)@)!!) on the TV that are so afraid of weapons they would call a AirSoft gun a weapon.
    Support Maryland Shall Issue
    http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

Maryland Shooters,
    Visit http://www.mdshooters.com/

There is a city ordinance where I live that bans the firing of any weapon inside the city limits including airsoft guns or slingshots.

The thing missing from the article was who call the medical personell? Sounds like there was more to it than just someone accidently getting hit with a BB.

"No one should be using any kind of weapon indoors," West New York Police Director Oscar Fernandez. "It might not kill someone but it could injure someone seriously."

You'll shoot your eye out ;)

Links