Columbus, OH: AWB

This is a discussion on Columbus, OH: AWB within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Columbus City Council is trying to enact an "assault" weapons ban for the city of Columbus. Click on the above link to go to ...

Thread: Columbus, OH: AWB

Columbus, OH: AWB

The Columbus City Council is trying to enact an "assault" weapons ban for the city of Columbus. Click on the above link to go to their web page. There you can view the actual text of the proposed AWB ordinance, and also a so-called AWB "Fact" sheet. They allow readers to submit comments online about the proposed ban. Below is the comment I submitted:

Even though I will not be directly effected by this ordinance, I am still against it. From your fact sheet: "According to FBI data, one out of five law enforcement officers slain in the line of duty from 1998 through 2001 were killed with an assault weapon." Nice statistic, but this time frame was during the 10 year federal AWB. It didn't work too well did it? The bad guys still got their hands on "assault" weapons. I can't help but feel that if this ordinance is enacted, that nothing will change. Columbus area criminals will still get "assault" weapons if they want them bad enough. Criminals don't adhere to laws and ordinances.

Anyone who clicked on the link, and read the relevant texts, what do you think?
    Gun control is hitting your target.
    -- Amegatek
    Amegatek's Firearms Page

2. Remove Ads

Links