DAMN!! - this pushes my buttons!

This is a discussion on DAMN!! - this pushes my buttons! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From NRA-ILA site report today --- http://www.news14charlotte.com/conte...asp?ArID=95796 Neighbors Take Shots At Shooting Range The Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club built a range in Union County ...

Assistant Administrator

From NRA-ILA site report today ---

http://www.news14charlotte.com/conte...asp?ArID=95796

Neighbors Take Shots At Shooting Range

The Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club built a range in Union County nearly a half century ago, but now there are some new people in town who want the range closed down. With that in mind, the gun club held an open house Saturday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So - we have a long established gun club - 50 years plus - and now because some doofus has allowed an elementary school to go up in area (plus new houses been built also in area) - newbies there are moaning. Wha, wha, wha ... don't like it? Do the other thing.

For a start - we need all the gun clubs and sure can't afford to lose any and more important - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - it WAS THERE FIRST.

I get so ticked off when new folks start moaning about something already there - and it seems pretty crazy too to sanction a school when with nauseating predictability - it'll make for discontent from the blissninnies.

Bit like a ''towny'' who goes to live rural - new house but happens to be a farm near. ''Oh the smell'' - or ''oh the sound of animals'' ... sheesh - do the other thing folks - go back to the city and enjoy the fumes. If ya can't stand the damn heat - get outa the kitchen.

OK rant over for now.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The gun culture is constantly under attack from all fronts.

I think I've told you all the story of the facility I use. Short version: range has been there for years. Rich lady not from those parts comes in, buys up all the land around it to subdivide for housing developments. Tries to buy the range and the owners won't sell.

This woman then enlists the aid of Texans Against Gun Violence and every other crackpot group out there and slaps the range with a lawsuit. The group seeks for the justices to rule that since the range did not abide by every regulation in the NRA range book, that it operates unsafely.

This is a place that doesn't even offer an opportunity to shoot steel or a rifle further than 200 yards, and they wanted it to abide by every regulation set forth not by the law but by a private organization. This was nothing but an attempt to shut down every range and gun club in the state.

Short answer, they win the lawsuit and lose their house and their life savings to this woman. It would have been so easy to fold, but they knew if they gave in we'd lose a lot more than just one shooting range.

The RKBA comes at a cost. We all pay for it. All give some, and some give all.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I bought a house within sight of railroad tracks. Guess what? Trains travel up and down those tracks. I don't whine to CSX about them. (Course I kind of like them)
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Assistant Administrator
    Euc - that story is sad in the extreme. Glad they won but, yes, at what a price.

Trouble is folks with money to burn can do this to others - they always seem to find a way to F' with others to get their way. I am thinking right now of Soros! <puke>
    Chris - P95

Similar situation with the Collin County Gun Range that I frequent....been there for looooooooong time...McKinney area (north of Dallas) becomes a boom town for housing....well all the residents start complaining to the city about the "noise" from the range....long story short, the city made them open from 1100-1700 Mon-Sat, closed Sundays....what a crock! But, at least they're still open.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Here's another one for you...the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency begins construction to build a managed public rifle/handgun range on state owned Corps of Engineers property. The constuction is delayed for a period of years due to lack of funding.

Meanwhile, some redneck developer buys a tract of land located 1 mile down the road from the location of the new range and begins building a subdivision of cracker jack houses all cramped together.

The TWRA receives the funding it needs and beings completion of the range which is finished around the same time the homes in that new subdivision go up for sale.

Guess what happened? To this day, there is always someone in that new subdivision who calls the TWRA and complains about the noise from the gunfire and attempts to get the range shut down.

The point that these people fail to grasp is that the range was already under construction before their subdivision even existed. Common sense is nonexistant in these people. Before you buy a house, you investigate the area you're going to live in before talking to the bank. If something doesn't sit well with you, do not buy that house.

From reading that article, the same logic should be applied here. Instead, people think that the range shouldn't be in such close proximity to that new school. Common sense tells us that you shouldn't build a school in close proximity to a shooting range.

These are examples of the dumbing down of America. Common sense is going out of style in lieu of political correctness, and it makes me sick.

Apparently, Common sense isn't common anymore.

Remember, anything a LIEberal does is good, anything a gun owner does is bad. Keep that in mind, and it all makes sense....if you're stoned.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

All liberals should be stoned...publically.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    We have a range(i'm not a member) in NW Fla. that is under the same kind of attack. It has been there for years and houses have been built in the vicinity of the club and the NEW residents are starting to complain. Hope that we(all the shooters in NW Fla.) can save the club because my club could be next. --------

I understand this is blue sky! The NRA needs drafts a model range that is enclosed but has an open area above the range to let in sunlight giving the feeling of being outdoor. A sheriffs range is built this way and its a nice place to shoot. Then perhaps it would fit within some commuting distance of a city. I would like to see it managed and run by the nra to include training. Out of reach, unrealistic???
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Assistant Administrator
    Some of these do I think exist FortyFive but reckon new ones would be both costly and - probably up against beaurocracy and whiners if planned in the ''wrong place''.

Thing is still tho - re the original example - they were there first - and it's that that ticks me off so much when new folks move in and moan.

They are the ''NIMBY'' brigade - ''not in my back yard''.
    Chris - P95

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    From NRA-ILA site report today ---

Neighbors Take Shots At Shooting Range

OK rant over for now.
    Naa, keep the rant! These are the same idiots that move in next to an airport and then want to close it down. Sadly, these idiots stand a better chance of succeding. My range had to buy more land in the fight to stay open...... Membership went from $50 to $150 to pay for the land.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    My range had to buy more land in the fight to stay open...... Membership went from $50 to $150 to pay for the land.
    I guess for us folks this has to be classified (unjustifiably) as the ''price of freedom''.

Or is that maybe ''freedom from duress''!!

Whatever - it sucks big time.
    Chris - P95

I'm in the process of joining a private range out in the sticks a bit. Getting too crowded=dangerous on the public ranges. Hope this sure doesn't happen to my new second home

Quote Originally Posted by Monty
    I'm in the process of joining a private range out in the sticks a bit. Getting too crowded=dangerous on the public ranges. Hope this sure doesn't happen to my new second home
    Monty do us a favor when you get settled in at your new range do a little writeup for us. It always interesting to see what the other shooter found. Thanks.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Links