Student Suspended For Advocating Gun Rights (Merged) - Page 2

Student Suspended For Advocating Gun Rights (Merged)

This is a discussion on Student Suspended For Advocating Gun Rights (Merged) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I agree with just about everyone. This is absolutely ridiculous....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Student Suspended For Advocating Gun Rights (Merged)

I agree with just about everyone. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    I wonder how big of a stink would be raised over this if he had been advocating gay marriage.
    Bob,

I am not familiar with Hamline in particular, but if it is anything like what is typical United Methodist higher educational leanings, he would probably get a medal.

Like most liberal institutions, they cannot stand anyone who disagrees with their point of view. If they are fairly benign, they only look down their noses with disdain at the 'intellectual inabilities' of someone who can't think as they do, and therefore come to the 'right' conclusions. At worst, there is the typical discrimination which shows up in limiting opportunities for advancement, etc.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20. Bottom line he didn't do anything wrong or justifying this reaction.
    Austin,

JMO, but he did do something wrong. His attitude and comments were not helpful.

Granted, it does not justify the reaction of the university, but his words and tone of emails worked against him.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Austin,

JMO, but he did do something wrong. His attitude and comments were not helpful.

Granted, it does not justify the reaction of the university, but his words and tone of emails worked against him.
    Comments not being helpful doesn't mean he did something wrong. If a bad attitude makes you guilty of something there's times I should have ended up in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Comments not being helpful doesn't mean he did something wrong. If a bad attitude makes you guilty of something there's times I should have ended up in jail.

I'd be what a good lawyer would call a Habitual Offender. This kid is getting shafted, no two ways about it.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

VIP Member
    Don't you just love that the people who piss & moan about 'free speech' are the FIRST ones to condemn that same 'free speech' 1st Amendment, when it involves the Second Amendment?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Yawn. He will receive a hefty settlement.

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    After reading his emails, I think he should have stuck to the topic of guns, and concealed carry, instead of getting sidetracked into the racial issues and the like. Had he remained focused on his orginal complaint he might have been more effective. Not that the school is right in its actions but at least they would not have additional fuel for their arguement.
    Agreed entirely. Actually, I'd be willing to bet that were he to not have deviated, he would not have received the "punishment" he did. Probably would have just been ignored but what's done is done. The school was in the wrong and punished him for exercising of a right, and the school will probably pay the price for it. The guy could've been smarter about it though...

-B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links