Microstamping and lead hunting ammo bans signed into CA law - Page 3

Microstamping and lead hunting ammo bans signed into CA law

This is a discussion on Microstamping and lead hunting ammo bans signed into CA law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; And our good friend Kennedy drafted a Federal version and is submiting it to the committee....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Microstamping and lead hunting ammo bans signed into CA law

And our good friend Kennedy drafted a Federal version and is submiting it to the committee.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    It's time (long past, actually) for anyone and everyone in any way even remotely connected to firearms rights to GET THE HELL OUT OF CALIFORNIA.

And it's long past time for every single firearm and ammunition manufacturer to stop supplying the law enforcement agencies in California.

If they hate the gun industry so much, and guns and ammunition are so evil, why should we provide them any help whatsoever in running their idiotic state?!

I also wonder, does this law require the COPS to use microstamping and all this other garbage? Will the COPS be under the same requirements as THE PEOPLE? Will they have to re-equip all the law enforcement agencies in California with the new technology, or do they get a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I also wonder, does this law require the COPS to use microstamping and all this other garbage? Will the COPS be under the same requirements as THE PEOPLE? Will they have to re-equip all the law enforcement agencies in California with the new technology, or do they get a pass?
    Actually, not only are the agencies exempt from being required to buy guns that are on the roster, but now so are LEO's as individuals. Click here to read the AG's change in policy.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

"It's time (long past, actually) for anyone and everyone in any way even remotely connected to firearms rights to GET THE HELL OUT OF CALIFORNIA."

Absolutely not. Build a fence around the place and make them stay there. Everywhere they go they try turn their new homes into clones of The Peoples Demokratic Republik of Kalifornia. Look at CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Absolutely not. Build a fence around the place and make them stay there. Everywhere they go they try turn their new homes into clones of The Peoples Demokratic Republik of Kalifornia. Look at CO.
    Sig, I respectfully disagree. I live in a very small town that I grew up in. If this town were in any other state, save NY and IL, I wouldn't have any use for California. When I move and be sure it is a question of when not if, I will leave every bit of California behind me for the greener pastures of probably rural Oregon (far from Ashland and Portland for sure).

I wouldn't wish any part of California on anyone regardless of where I live. I can't think of one thing that I would want to change in another state to make that state more like California, unless of course you count rooting for the SF 49ers and the SF Giants.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

With each passing day I grow more happy that I left that idiot packed state. Now if I could just get the daughter and grandkids to get the hell out of there.
    If I get cranky It's because the VA is changing my meds again.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

CA Microstamping Bill signed

The governator signed the bill.
    To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am signing Assembly Bill 1471.

While I appreciate and understand that this technology is not without limitations, I am
    signing this bill to provide law enforcement with an additional tool for solving crimes
    committed with semi-automatic handguns in California.

Public safety is one of the most important roles of government and I encourage all
    stakeholders to work on improving this technology so that it may become an even more
    effective crime fighting tool.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

This bill, the Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007, would,
    commencing January 1, 2010, expand the definition of “unsafe
    handgun” to include semiautomatic pistols that are not designed
    and equipped with a microscopic array of characters that identify
    the make, model, and serial number of the pistol, etched in 2 or
    more places on the interior surface or internal working parts of the
    pistol, and that are transferred by imprinting on each cartridge case
    when the firearm is fired. Those provisions would be subject to
    specified certification procedures by the Department of Justice
    regarding the use of that technology.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ahh but since the bill specifically mentions " unencumbered by patent " it may well be a " dead law " for 20+ years . folks honestly we need to read the laws , not just go all blogger on the subject . As i read this one it will not and cannot be applied before the patents on current microstamping processes run out . The musclebound austrian may well have done the gun community by signing the bill he did . he is muscle bound but not an idiot , and politicaly he seems to concede just enough to survive .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Ahh but since the bill specifically mentions " unencumbered by patent " it may well be a " dead law " for 20+ years .
    And the NFA is just a tax, right? Not going immediately into effect doesn't mean it's not a bad law.

there's a huge thread on this going here
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=33930
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Lead Moderator
    merged threads on this subject.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Public safety is one of the most important roles of government
    Could be his nazi upbringing.

Well I guess I better make sure I pick up all of my fired brass from the range so that some criminal dosen't pick them up and deposit them at a crime scene. What's to stop me from switching out the slide or firing pin with ones that don't micro stamp?...

Mr. Sig 210 your comments are rediculous. What a way to support your fellow gun owners.

The 2 bad problems are:

Gnag members will pick up spent casings at a range and drop them all over the place at a shooting confusing police and going to the house of the wrong people. (Here in my state a range master told me they already do this, imagine with marked casings)

2nd are the reloaders. Would it be legal to buy brass with markings on them? What if you shoot an already marked reloaded case?

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    I do believe that I shall go into the fileing and grinding business. Located in Kalifornia, of course.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links