Microstamping and lead hunting ammo bans signed into CA law

This is a discussion on Microstamping and lead hunting ammo bans signed into CA law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Swarzenneger lost any support he might have had in CA by signing these bills into law! We all know that CA's politics are ridiculous / ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Microstamping and lead hunting ammo bans signed into CA law

Microstamping and lead hunting ammo bans signed into CA law

Swarzenneger lost any support he might have had in CA by signing these bills into law!

We all know that CA's politics are ridiculous / stupid / laughable, etc., and my apology - and thanks - to those who acted, even though you are from outside CA, to defeat these bills. It's likely that other states will look to CA's "leadership" for guidance on how to inflict the same damage elsewhere.

To those who blew these laws off as "not in my backyard" and "CA should fall into the ocean," I'm not feeling terribly generous at the moment. The crabgrass in my yard will flourish in the yard next door, despite my best efforts to contain it.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Arrrgh:

http://gov.ca.gov/index.php?/press-release/7709/

Bill AB1471
    http://gov.ca.gov/pdf/press/2007bill...%20Message.pdf
    To the Members of the California State Assembly:
    I am signing Assembly Bill 1471.
    While I appreciate and understand that this technology is not without limitations, I am signing this bill to provide law enforcement with an additional tool for solving crimes committed with semi-automatic handguns in California.
    Public safety is one of the most important roles of government and I encourage all stakeholders to work on improving this technology so that it may become an even more effective crime fighting tool.

Sincerely,
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

VIP Member
    Translation: I know it is bogus but I am throwing you a bone so you can get off my back.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Guess wheel gun sales will go up.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider View Post
    Guess wheel gun sales will go up.
    Exactly

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Also, any handgun that does not have this microstamping will be considered unsafe, and therefore illegal to sell or transfer.

Good going, CA senate. You just drove away most of the American manufacturers out of disgust, and the foreign manufacturers due to the economic burden incurred to tool up for, in their worldly view, such an insignificant market. I feel for those of you trapped out there.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I never cared for Arnold.A large ego is usually carried by a small mind.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar

*sigh* The stupidity continues. Way to fold, Ahnold.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

What a horse's ass!!!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Administrator
    Arnold.
    Truly a bulked up sheep-wimp on steroids.
    I can't even stand to look at his face anymore.
    I can't hit the buttons on the TV remote quick enough.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

So what's next? The mythological high tech pistol that will only fire when held by it's registered and authorized owner? There's another bit of pie in the ski tech for them as well. I feel for all the honest and level headed citizens of the state. I wish there were a whole lot more of you so you could vote the bums out.

Of course we all know this will cause gun related crime to plummet now. When this doesn't work I wonder what the next bright idea will be?
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    Now they will be able to tell that criminals don't purchase their handguns at gun shops or shows and go through the regular process like law abiding citizens do.They might,just maybe find out that crimes and criminals committing crimes, do not follow California's rules...or anyones rules!..

This is really bad. Now more Californians will leave for other states. Within a few years they will be trying to re-make their adopted states into clones of CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    This is really bad. Now more Californians will leave for other states. Within a few years they will be trying to re-make their adopted states into clones of CA.
    As an ex-Californian, I can tell you that most of the other ex-CAs I know are NEVER going to try to re-make the states in which they currently live into clones of CA. As a motorcycle rider and lover of the outdoors, CA is by far the most beautiful place I've ever been, and would be an awesome place to live - if it weren't for all the people...

Quote Originally Posted by dang.45 View Post
    As an ex-Californian, I can tell you that most of the other ex-CAs I know are NEVER going to try to re-make the states in which they currently live into clones of CA. As a motorcycle rider and lover of the outdoors, CA is by far the most beautiful place I've ever been, and would be an awesome place to live - if it weren't for all the people...
    Those who move out of California are the logical ones. They will be good residents of good states.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links