Worse Case Scenerio

Worse Case Scenerio

This is a discussion on Worse Case Scenerio within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The 2008 Election is over. Hillary is the new President ,Obama is the Vice President and of course Pelosi is third in charge. What will ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worse Case Scenerio

Worse Case Scenerio

The 2008 Election is over.
    Hillary is the new President ,Obama is the Vice President
    and of course Pelosi is third in charge.
    What will happen to our Gun rights in your opinion within the next 4 years after, or are we just being to damn paranoid?
    XD9SC, S&W 637
    Taurus 85, SKS
    Nevada CCW
    Utah CCW

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    What will happen to our Gun rights in your opinion within the next 4 years after, or are we just being to damn paranoid? "YES"

Even if she does get elected shes got alot of bigger fish to fry. I.E. IRAQ, Afganistan, I also think that making stricter gun control law while america is in fear from terrorists isn't the smartest idea. Remember politicians have a job, and that is to get re-elected. Politcians expecially hillary knows what happened after the 1994 ban. There was the biggest exodus of incumbant liberals, I think in history.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Exclamation

At the very least this is what will happen, If she were president some nut-case Muslim Extremest will try and assonant her to put Him as head of the country, then all H E double L will break loose as He tries to blame all gun owners and all guns for her demise. Bet money on it.

Now why this scenario will never happen, Just like Milt Romney will never make it (he is a Mormon), the Christan vote will never elect anyone in that high of an office with a Muslim back ground.

Yeah they did it in Illinois so what... they are a bunch of morons there anyway, I mean look they keep reelecting the anti gun bozos every cycle.

Do not sell the Christan vote short, they will vote religious line's before they vote party, and they hold the majority.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Do not sell the Christan vote short, they will vote religious line's before they vote party, and they hold the majority.
    I know, and that sucks , because it'll probably be between Clinton and Giuliani (not that Giuliani is my pick), but the Christians will NOT vote for him which means that She will get the lost votes from them going to a 3rd party.
    XD9SC, S&W 637
    Taurus 85, SKS
    Nevada CCW
    Utah CCW

i would rather not think about it

How about waiting for the primaries at least before getting so worked up. Neither party currently has any front runners that are either conservative, or pro gun rights.

We all could start a massive effort to bring Ron Paul up to the front. I think that would be a much better usage of time, than running through gloom and doom scenarios about what might happen, if the current front runner in either party is left to attain the nomination.

Oh and to answer the hypthetical, nothing. I don't see that as an issue on the national level over the next 4 years. Locally, or within the states, much, much more could happen.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Oh and to answer the hypthetical, nothing. I don't see that as an issue on the national level over the next 4 years. Locally, or within the states, much, much more could happen.
    I agree. Outside of the posturing by idiots like McCarthy, I think most of the 2A fight has been pushed down to the state level.

Not that they won't necessarily try something, just how I see it.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I don't know why you folks aren't backing Fred Thompson. He's the only pro-gun candidate with any hope of getting elected, and he seems to be a strong pro-gun candidate, at that.

Giuliani, as we all know, is a lying, degenerate poseur. The very idea that he could posture himself as "a supporter of the 2nd Amendment" is so in-your-face offensive to anyone who has ever owned a gun. The man would have to be insane to convince himself we would believe him when he says that.

How about waiting for the primaries at least before getting so worked up. Neither party currently has any front runners that are either conservative, or pro gun rights.

We all could start a massive effort to bring Ron Paul up to the front. I think that would be a much better usage of time, than running through gloom and doom scenarios about what might happen, if the current front runner in either party is left to attain the nomination.

I hate to tell you but by then its too late. Everyone of us needs to get involved BEFORE their states primary/caucus and SHAPE THE DEBATE make sure that all these pols know and FEEL the power of the gun lobby. Go to a Hillary/Obama event and ask them flat out if they will attempt another Assault Weapons ban....I bet they all will (all the dems anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I don't know why you folks aren't backing Fred Thompson. He's the only pro-gun candidate with any hope of getting elected, and he seems to be a strong pro-gun candidate, at that.
    I stopped voting for who had a chance to get elected a few years ago. Now, I only vote for candidates that I almost fully agree with. I wish other people would do the same, maybe this would be a better country.

Also, he's not Pro-gun enough for me.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    I stopped voting for who had a chance to get elected a few years ago. Now, I only vote for candidates that I almost fully agree with. I wish other people would do the same, maybe this would be a better country.

Also, he's not Pro-gun enough for me.
    So lets just say the primaries are over and your choices are Hillary, Rudy and a 3rd party (say Ron Paul) do you vote for someone you KNOW cannot win to placate your conscience and give the election to the opposition? Remembering that Perot gave us Bill Clinton and the Assault Weapons ban.......

Once the primary is done and you are down to the two parties nominee you dont have much other choice - under todays system a 3rd party candidate will NEVER win the presidency.

Oh and why do you say that Fred T is not Pro-Gun enough.....of all the ELECTABLE Repubs (this cuts Ron Paul and most others from the field) he is far better than his competion Rudy or Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by vernonator View Post
    So lets just say the primaries are over and your choices are Hillary, Rudy and a 3rd party (say Ron Paul) do you vote for someone you KNOW cannot win to placate your conscience and give the election to the opposition? Remembering that Perot gave us Bill Clinton and the Assault Weapons ban.......
    If your voting on the issue of 2A, is there a difference between Hillary and Rudy?

Why yes, you do vote for a third party cadidate if they stand for what you believe. We are all in the habbit here of calling people sheeple, what does that say about people who are willing to go along with the flock because they don't think that a 3rd party candidate will have a chance. Keep going with the flow and see where the river takes you.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by vernonator View Post
    Eh, I think Perot gave some people a viable option for a candidate (I wasn't voting age at the time). If more people voted for Clinton and the idiocy that ensued afterwards, that's not the fault of someone voting their conscience. It's the fault of Congress and the Supreme Court for allowing restrictions upon a fundamental right to happen. Sadly, I don't know of a correction to problems of that nature outside of armed insurrection. Which imho, isn't necessarily a good choice.

Once the primary is done and you are down to the two parties nominee you dont have much other choice - under todays system a 3rd party candidate will NEVER win the presidency.
    You are absolutely correct that a 3rd party candidate won't win the presidency of this country as the laws are now. I will still vote for one if it meets my criteria for a candidate. I wish more people voted their conscience as well. The lesser of two evils is still evil. Cliche, but true imo.

Oh and why do you say that Fred T is not Pro-Gun enough.....of all the ELECTABLE Repubs (this cuts Ron Paul and most others from the field) he is far better than his competion Rudy or Romney.
    He is far better than those two. I agree 100%. He still won't get my vote until he starts advocating real individual freedom. The 2nd Amendment being at the front of that list.

If your voting on the issue of 2A, is there a difference between Hillary and Rudy?

Why yes, you do vote for a third party cadidate if they stand for what you believe. We are all in the habbit here of calling people sheeple, what does that say about people who are willing to go along with the flock because they don't think that a 3rd party candidate will have a chance. Keep going with the flow and see where the river takes you.
    There really is no thinking a 3rd party candidate can't make it, unless there is a dramatic shift in the electorate its a fact....it just is.

I do agree that Hillary/Rudy on 2A is not much of a choice (maybe a small advantage to Rudy)....but is ANYONE truly a single issue voter? I hope not, because you will be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Look at the last 5 presidential elections that had a 3rd party candidate. That 3rd party was a spoiler for one party or the other in at least 3 (Bush/Clinton/Perot - advantage Clinton, Dole/Clinton/Perot - advantage Clinton, Bush/Gore/Nader - advantage Bush) in all these cases the 3rd party drew from people that traditionally voted for the losing major party. So if you would normally vote Repub but think the candidtate is too soft on the 2A so you vote libertarian (or whatever) you REALLY just voted for the Dem.

Until you get a 3rd party candidate that
    a) can finance virtually their entire campaign out-of-pocket
    b) pull in 20 - 25% of both partites core

we will not have a 3rd party president. Look at the house/senate - over 500 members and how many are 3rd party? Maybe 10 - 15 topes? Not gonna happen, trust me I don't like it any more than anyone else but be realistic - we live in a two party system.

Great you voted your concious and didn't vote for either - so we end up with Hillary and 1 TRILLION dollars more in social entitlments, 70% income tax bracket, the out right criminalization of firearm ownership just for starters....bravo, good for you, you sure showed them huh?

Hmmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Thompson
    I strongly support the Second Amendment of the Constitution, which protects an individual’s right to keep and bear arms. Gun control is touted as a major crime-control measure. But some of the places with the strictest gun-control laws also have high violent-crime rates. Disarming law-abiding citizens does not prevent crime. The answer to violent crime is smart, effective, and aggressive law enforcement. The real effect of these gun-control measures is to place onerous restrictions on law-abiding citizens who use firearms for such legal activities as self-defense, sport-shooting, hunting, and collecting. I am committed to:

* Strictly enforcing existing laws and severely punishing violent criminals.
    * Protecting the rights individual Americans enjoy under the Second Amendment.
    Sounds good to me. Yeah, he's voted for anti-gun bill in the past, but at least we have something we can hold him to if he gets into office.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links