Rapper arrested in sting after receiving "machine guns and silencers"

This is a discussion on Rapper arrested in sting after receiving "machine guns and silencers" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okay, I will eagerly await the result of this case, where a rapper (one I never heard of, but then, I don't listen to that ...

Thread: Rapper arrested in sting after receiving "machine guns and silencers"

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar

Okay, I will eagerly await the result of this case, where a rapper (one I never heard of, but then, I don't listen to that garbage) was given three machine guns and two silencers, then arrested in a federal sting.

(I have to assume he was not a Class III collector, and didn't, erm, have the required tax stamps.)

The story appears here on CNN

If the authorities want to show us that they're serious about "assault weapons" (TRUE ones, capable of full-auto fire!) they will make sure this guy goes away for at least 10 years on each count, right? But in today's world of judicial enforcement of the law (otherwise known as the Slap-On-The-Wrist System) it wouldn't surprise me if this guy got an ankle monitor and 5 years probation.

I mean, this is serious stuff. Not the same as getting caught with a handgun in your luggage. This guy (allegedly) took receipt of full-auto weapons and silencers! My point is, if the authorities are going to go around claiming that there's a gun problem, and they have to crack down on us LAW ABIDERS, they better damn well sure make this guy do serious time.

After his weekend arrest on gun charges, rapper T.I. will remain in custody until a bond hearing Friday, a federal magistrate said Monday.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, was arrested without incident in midtown Atlanta.

The entertainer, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was arrested Saturday just hours before he was scheduled to perform at the BET Hip Hop Awards.

The small court room of Magistrate Judge Alan Baverman was packed with family, supporters and media, but even more people, including the rapper's mother, were turned away because of the overcrowding.

Harris, 27, was arrested in a federal sting after his bodyguard-turned-informant delivered three machine guns and two silencers to the hip-hop star, according to a Justice Department statement.

He was held in federal custody over the weekend.

Authorities said that Harris provided the bodyguard $12,000 to buy the weapons, which Harris is not allowed to own because he is a convicted felon.

Court documents said Harris was convicted on felony drug charges in 1998, and a federal affidavit said he has been arrested on gun charges in the past.

Administrator
    "Just blame Sixto"

Lead Moderator
    dupe story.closed
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sponsored Links