Tired Old Pro-Gun Messages

This is a discussion on Tired Old Pro-Gun Messages within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I guess you can warp logic to bend the truth anyway you want. http://www.californiaprogressreport....old_pro-g.html...

Thread: Tired Old Pro-Gun Messages

I guess you can warp logic to bend the truth anyway you want.

http://www.californiaprogressreport....old_pro-g.html

I posted my response to that liberal nutcase. Criminals will just start using wheelguns to kill their victims....

After all, you have to leave brass behind for microstamping to work, right?
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Microstamping:

If they can't keep illegal drugs and illegal people from entering the state, how do they plan to keep guns from south of the border or Asia from being smuggled in?? Oh, and how are they going to cope with the new gangs of criminals making tons of money off of this new trade?

Condors:

Condors are endangered because so much habitat is now tied up in housing developments, malls, highways and parking lots. Without these, there would be enough big game and enough large predators to provide food for a large number of condors.

Since they will never return that land to its pre-Kalifornicated state, an alternate solution would be to outlaw burial and cremation, and just throw all the dead bodies out in a nearby vacant lot.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

The whole debate about how criminals can get around the micro-stamping laws leaves a lot to be desired on both parties, the for and againsts. A study I read a while back interviewed a very large number of criminals in jail about whether stiffer sentencing would have any effect on crime. What they found was that 87% of all cirminals never even considered the possibility of getting caught when they committed the crime. In effect whether the sentence was 2 years or 20 years really was little deterent to crime in most cases.

So this fellows argument about using a gun in a crime adding 10 years to a convition doesn't begin to hold water. Some drastic penalties such as hanging for speeding may have some effect but very few ever consider getting caught.

I see most criminals filing off the firing pin, right now they file the serial number off but I doubt the strategy of scattering spent shells from a firing range being used except when trying to frame someone.

Right now there is 100 million guns in the US (?). Gonna be a while before a useful database gets in place. Think I'll just invest in Hi-Points without the code and sell them in a few years. Probably be a safer investment than Enron.

Longer sentences DO make a difference - most of the crime is committed by scum that has been in prison before. If they were still there instead of out in the world, they could not be doing their evil for at least a few more years.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Kudos for pointing that out. That is one way to look at it. :)

I left my comments on this one too. IDIOTS!!!!
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

I have worked in politics in this state for quite some time. This is not the first time this idiot has said idiot things!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by BigEFan View Post
    I have worked in politics in this state for quite some time. This is not the first time this idiot has said idiot things!
    I understand that the Kellog Cereal Company is moving out to CA...lots of 'fruits and nuts' out there for making a great product.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I understand that the Kellog Cereal Company is moving out to CA...lots of 'fruits and nuts' out there for making a great product.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Notice I'm not laughing. The truth hurts!!!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Wow! That is the best collection of comments I have ever seen in response to an anti-gun article ever.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    The whole debate about how criminals can get around the micro-stamping laws leaves a lot to be desired on both parties, the for and againsts. A study I read a while back interviewed a very large number of criminals in jail about whether stiffer sentencing would have any effect on crime. What they found was that 87% of all cirminals never even considered the possibility of getting caught when they committed the crime. In effect whether the sentence was 2 years or 20 years really was little deterent to crime in most cases.
    You don't see how a guy sent to prison for 20 years--whether he thought he would be or not--will not be committing additional crimes 5 years down the road?

Um, that concept is kind of hard to miss.

Who ever said that the only benefit from harsher sentences was deterrence? I don't care if they're deterred, as long as crime goes down. Since most crime is by recidivists, 20 year sentences would keep a LOT of it from happening.

I doubt the strategy of scattering spent shells from a firing range being used except when trying to frame someone.
    Since very few of the gun crimes are committed by people using their own legally owned, traceable guns, a criminal wouldn't need to scatter spent casings (not "shells") because they are not getting traced back to him in the first place.

Right now there is 100 million guns in the US (?).
    Try somewhere closer to 300,000,000.
    But that just underscores the point that they are never going to get a functioning database up and running.

I have to laugh when I think that just a couple of years ago, California didn't even have enough money to buy enough electricity to go around! Where do they think they're going to get the money to start tracking all these guns?! Is a useless, easily defeated plan like microstamping going to be so high among their fiscal priorities?!

Let's see... Canada's gun registry has already cost over $2 BILLION, and hasn't been good for a damned thing. I'll wager that CA's plan will cost over $4 billion and be about as useful.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    OMG, that guy who wrote the column looks like a pathetic little hobbit!

No wonder he's an idiot! He probably spent all his school/learning years getting his round little head washed in the toilet by bullies!

edit: The moron also has never heard of proofreading his work, or employing a copy editor.
    He says, "When an otherwise ‘honest’ citizen carries a loaded, concealed handgun, he can be sent to prison – removing yet another gunner from out streets." And he uses "its" when he should have used "it's".
    And then he has the nerve to use "sic" ("thus") to indicate that a pro-gunner's comment contained the wrong form of "waste".
    (“Micro stamped ‘brass’ (expended metal casings) could be picked up at shooting ranges and scattered at crime scenes causing law enforcement to waist (sic) time”.)

Sponsored Links