National Empty Holster week.

This is a discussion on National Empty Holster week. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rocky Very good show. Hopefully you guys can get some show of support and maybe make em think at least. We are, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Empty Holster week.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Very good show. Hopefully you guys can get some show of support and maybe make em think at least.
    We are, to say the least. I went from maybe 12 emails a week to about 12 an hour.

I've had 2 negative emails.

I also just received an email from my Ohio Senator, Mr. Seitz about this.

Dear Michael,

In response to your October 18 e-mail, I am attaching my response to your colleague, Stephen Feltoon, who wrote me earlier about the same issues. I applaud what you are doing. I agree it is time to move to the next generation of CCW laws in Ohio. Despite all the dire worries of the liberals that allowing CCW in Ohio would create "the Wild, Wild, West," this has not proven to be true.

I wish you and SCCC all the luck in the world. The next time I see Nancy Zimpher, I will tell her so. Unfortunately, about two years ago, UC banned smoking on campus*. If the thought police won't allow cigarettes, I highly doubt they would ever be inclined to allow guns. The national nanny state is in full bloom, much to my chagrin, and it is up to students like you to preserve and protect our legacy of freedom. Keep up the good fight!

Sincerely,

William J. Seitz

*I am told this was by a vote of the students themselves, which, if true, simply goes to show that too many students today are no more protective of personal liberties than are their adult counterparts.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that UK is a "deadly weapons free" campus.
    So was VT. Good thing, too, or someone might have been hurt there....

Congrats on the campaign, and on the publicity. It is a worthy cause indeed.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    LOL my daughters campus does not prohibit cc so rest assured her protest wont be done with an empty holster . For myself i plan on spotting some of the students ammo and firearms for an informal plinking session next weekend , figureing on spotting the kids that help me move my cattle a couple of bricks of .22 a couple of handguns , and a couple of rifles to play with , there will be shootys , ar , fal , ect.. avalable to shoot for any that ask also . If they ask nice they can shoot centerfire handguns also lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Then your daughter's lucky beyond belief! As are the students who are lucky enough to have a free day on the range!
    ~Mike F.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The announcment was fair, strictly informational, and impartial. That was cool.
    Let's not forget that the last line, however, was not.
    It was total pollyanna .

Come on, here's a guy insisting--in spite of what happened to 32 innocent people at Virginia Tech--that calling the place "deadly-weapons-free" makes it so!

Someone so absolutely STUPID should not be running a place of learning. He's demonstrated himself incapable of learning.

Welcome to campus administration Jeff. We're pushing a freight train uphill here. We've got administration like that, and college students who have grown up with the zero tolerance mindset.
    ~Mike F.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Welcome to campus administration Jeff. We're pushing a freight train uphill here. We've got administration like that, and college students who have grown up with the zero tolerance mindset.
    Thats the biggest hurdle IMO. The students in their early 20's have been forced fed more garbage their entire lives than any previous generation. Its going to be a challenge to reverse all those years of brain washing. Now that they have reached the mecca of stupidity (college) they truly believe the garbage.
    Normally it takes a few years of the real world before some kids understand. Now the administration on the other hand....
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Normally it takes a few years of the real world before some kids understand. Now the administration on the other hand....
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Amirite?
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

That's why we're working on state legislatures, and skipping the campus administration.
    ~Mike F.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    There is some truth to that, but I've met and had some pretty good teachers that could run circles around the pros in their given subject matter.
    However, the majority I've run into are complete twits.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The President of UK sent out his message on Sunday. I'll quote it below.

At UK, we cherish and affirm the right of free speech on campus and certainly recognize and respect the right of this group to conduct a peaceful protest.
    Translation: We exercise our dominion over you to tell you which rights you will be allowed to keep while under our control.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

While true in some cases, in other cases completely false. If all teachers were like that, then we would be currently screwed in the labor force (although it seems we are getting to that point).

Anywhos, what we really need from people is support. Calling into local talk radio shows, tv stations, getting lunch on campus with an empty holster, talking to local and state representatives, anything and everything that could possibly help us out, we need it.
    ~Mike F.

Here's a Columbus Dispatch article on the protest.

article

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    While true in some cases, in other cases completely false. If all teachers were like that, then we would be currently screwed in the labor force (although it seems we are getting to that point).

Anywhos, what we really need from people is support. Calling into local talk radio shows, tv stations, getting lunch on campus with an empty holster, talking to local and state representatives, anything and everything that could possibly help us out, we need it.
    While I agree that not all teachers are like that, I disagree that any teacher showed me how to do my job (network engineer). I learned about nothing in a telecommunications major to help prepare me for what I'm doing.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links