National Empty Holster week.

This is a discussion on National Empty Holster week. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Now that I've got your attention. My fiance is a student at NOVA (Northern Virginia Community College) She recieved this in her student email from ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Empty Holster week.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Now that I've got your attention.

My fiance is a student at NOVA (Northern Virginia Community College)

She recieved this in her student email from the admin.

On behalf of the Annandale Campus Provost:

To Annandale Faculty, Staff and Students:

This e-mail is to inform you that during the week of October 22-26, the campus may experience part of a national peaceful demonstration by a group called Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. This group is protesting against state laws and campus policies which prohibit concealed handgun license holders from carrying their concealed firearms on college campuses.

We have been informed that the nature of the protest will be limited to students wearing T-shirts and empty holsters. There are no college regulations prohibiting wearing an empty holster on campus. No protestor should be carrying anything resembling a firearm in his or her holster. Protestors will not carry signs or banners.

Campus police are aware of this activity. Faculty, staff and students are asked to maintain their normal routine activities throughout the week.

Please contact me if you have questions.

Barbara Saperstone

Provost, Annandale Campus

(703)323-3223
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Nice, now everyone who has a campus email knows about the cause and they haven't even seen an empty holster yet. This provost, IMO, is helping bring awareness to the cause, and I'm sure she never intended too.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

I used to attend NOVA,is there a no firearms policy there? I know alot of the regular 4 year colleges have been taken over by 60's hippies but not sure about NOVA and other community colleges. Good luck on the protest!

better not wear any body armour.....

Glad to know that this is circulating around like this. The more attention this gets from people, the happier off I'll be, and the more I' fell that this stress has been worth it.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Lead Moderator
    Very good show. Hopefully you guys can get some show of support and maybe make em think at least.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Trust me, we're stirring feathers at a lot of campuses at the moment.
    ~Mike F.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Wow, conceptually, a protest like this could end up showing just how many people might have been at Virginia Tech who could've stopped that psycho from murdering all 32 of his victims.

Imagine going to school one day and while you're there, seeing 20 people wearing a student-CCW t-shirt and an empty holster!

A rational person would say, "Hey, here are 20 people who are responsible and background-checked and would've stood ready to save lives."

However, most college students (indoctrinees) will look and say, "Oh my god, you mean I was standing right next to someone who might have had a GUN on him?! EWWWWW!!"

"There's nothing to see here...please move along".....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I'll wear my holster while doing my course online....does that count?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Some of the guys at work were talking about wearing empty holsters to join them (staff not students). I like the idea, but I think I'll avoid letting people know I pack.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

The President of UK sent out his message on Sunday. I'll quote it below.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd
    The University of Kentucky has been informed that our campus may be one of the sites across the nation this week (Oct. 22-26) for a protest regarding concealed weapons policies. SCCC (Students for Concealed Carry on Campus) has announced that it is planning a peaceful protest where individuals will wear T-shirts and empty holsters as a form of protest against state laws and campus policies which prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms on campus.

At UK, we cherish and affirm the right of free speech on campus and certainly recognize and respect the right of this group to conduct a peaceful protest.

The reason for this proactive message is to make all students, faculty, and staff aware that such an activity may occur, so as to diminish and diffuse any sense of alarm which may arise.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that UK is a "deadly weapons free" campus.

Thank you.

(If you are a supervisor, please communicate this information to all of your staff, especially those without computer access.)
    He's a <insert string of phrases here that aren't appropriate>. I guess though he didn't slam on it too bad. That last line pissed me off though.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

at least u turned some heads!

Administrator
    The announcment was fair, strictly informational, and impartial. That was cool.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

So far, locally today, we have had:

http://700wlw.com/pages/onair_mcconnell.html

http://www.daytondailynews.com/searc...miamiguns.html

The Columbus Dispatch called me about this 3 times actually. I also did a TV slot with the local news channels 5 and a follow up with 19. Last night I was on local channel 12. Channel 9 has a little blurb about it on their website, but no interviews or anything about it. Media attention is media attention, I'll take all of it we can give this.

The student newspaper should have an article about it tomorrow.

This by the way, occurred within 2 hours of being on campus.
    ~Mike F.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links