Feinstein just doesn't give up

This is a discussion on Feinstein just doesn't give up within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From NRA-ILA ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Feinstein Wants Gun Ban Renewed Houston Chronicle In spite of a clear lack of evidence the end of the gun ban has ...

Thread: Feinstein just doesn't give up

Assistant Administrator

Feinstein just doesn't give up

From NRA-ILA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feinstein Wants Gun Ban Renewed

Houston Chronicle

In spite of a clear lack of evidence the end of the gun ban has lead to any increase in crime, Sen. Feinstein (D-Calif.) wants it renewed.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3240554

Last edited by Bumper; June 28th, 2005 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Title change
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

I wish she'd retire. To France.
    Last edited by Fjolnirsson; June 27th, 2005 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Edited for poor taste.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Deleted by me
    Last edited by Bud White; June 27th, 2005 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Not keeping with forum good taste.

Administrator

Angry dianne "F"

The "F" not standing for feinstein. :chairshot
    She is like a fart in the wind. She has absolutely no credibility anymore. I don't think anybody really pays any attention to her any longer.
    She is so far out in left field that it's almost suicide for any "Public Servant" to be associated with her.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator

Oh I Just Love This Guy!

"Eric Howard, spokesman for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said that just because there are no statistics to prove it does not mean the expiration of the ban hasn't had a negative effect."

Well, Ahhhhhh.....Just because there are NO statistics....ahhhh...just because there is NO PROOF or any EVIDENCE.....ahhhhhh....Just because we don't have anything concrete to base an opinion on ---- or any FACTS to base our fears on...that never stopped us from Hating Assault Type Weapons before!!!!
    What a Total "Maroon" he is!

Working with proof would show there whole cause is BS if they ever bother with the truth they would just pack up and go home

The people who are not only gun banners but seem to go against our heritage and traditions surface from New York. Not the fault of the good people of New York but it seems that way. We have them out here in CA that simply dream up the worst for the good people. Our kids are not being exposed to the founders of our country and their hardships, they don't understand what we stand for nor our traditions. The loss of our forefathers base of reference for a free country is hurting us all new or old immagrants.
    IMHO.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    "Eric Howard, spokesman for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said that just because there are no statistics to prove it does not mean the expiration of the ban hasn't had a negative effect."
    Just beause there are no statistics to prove it does not mean that members of the Brady Campaign do not have any higher brain function.
    /***********
    Phill
    ************/

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"
    William of Ockham (ca. 1285-1349)

RE: The stupid Eric Howe quote

You know if I were to ever stand in front of a classroom without lots of solid documented evidence that proved every mathematical operation I was performing was true, I couldn't live with myself for spreading such drivel.

If nothing else, in the absence of such hard objective proof that the ban had a "good" or "bad" per se, one must carefully examine that the initial logic behind it is flawed. The very idea... it makes my brain hurt.

Mathematicians are real jerks. They side with the logical argument and the objective evidence every time.

The idea that one can forward an agenda on a supposition, proposition, instinct, or feeling is a dangerous one.

In the first place, registering, regulating, stamping, inspecting, etc. private arms is simply a waste of tax money. There's no part of the Constituition that states that something like the BATF should even exist. Trouble is though, appeal to irrational emotions is how things get done in politics.

I debated a liberal "friend" once and mentioned that many groups against our rights use charged names and loaded language and irrational emotional appeals to push their agenda, while 2nd amendment supporters use anecdotes, rational arguments, and facts, often very basic ones. I even got on the internet on sights like the Million Mom March and pointed out how the very name of the organization is in itself loaded with emotional appeal.

I asked him if he was aware of what propaganda was.

His response was that it didn't matter, because if something emotionally upsets you then that means it's bad and needs to be dealt with. "Appealing to emotions is a perfectly valid way to prove a point..."

Now I'm just on a tangent, but basing something like the law on a hunch or a feeling is, at best, stupidity. Laws restricting anything need hard precedent and careful thought and planning.

Assistant Administrator
    Euc - excellent post. You are most skilled at elucidating your thoughts. I like it.

I am reminded again of Ex's excellent post other day - ''Issues'' and ''Agendas'' - it strikes me that it is one possible way to help us argue the points - and try and get emotions to the side a bit, in lieu of some hard logic.

If the anti's can be made to see that they have an agenda - then we too can and do have an agenda - any sane rational person should inspect both agendas and see both sides instead of always falling back on the crap ''emotional'' excuse. Cold rational analysis - not ''knee-jerk, gut driven'' crap.

I mean if someone says - ''it's wrong if my emotions say so'' then heck - look at the permutations avaliable then?

''Someone called me a whimp'' . WHA, WHA, Wha .......... "I am so distraught - there should be a law against it''!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links