If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am

This is a discussion on If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I haven't got a call from NRA that early but I just got a call from Second Amendment Foundation this morning at about 10:30 AM...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am

I haven't got a call from NRA that early but I just got a call from Second Amendment Foundation this morning at about 10:30 AM

2. Remove Ads

I've gotten numerous calls, mostly 'my call screener' - the answering machine takes care of it. Though NRA does good work, I really do not like the high pressure tactic of 'send in your money or the government will take your guns!'
    Yes it's possible, but hopefully my vote counts as much as a donation.
    Know the candidates.

Never have received a call.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

I don't get calls from the NRA, I'am a life member if that's any help.

I haven't gotten a call in quite a while. If they do, they will get my call screener too.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Ask for their # and call them at dinner time. That'il teach em.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

I've never gotten a call from the NRA. I do get a lot of mail, however.

But so what?

If you don't like the mail, you can contact them and have it stop. I have friends who have done this.

As far as spending money that could be spent on other things, do you really think they would make the mailings if they spent more than the contributions they received from the mailings?

I don't.

I know that they are aggressive on their mailings. They send a survey or something else innocent and they always seem to end with them asking for money.

But that doesn't bother me. First, they do some good work. I don't agree with everything but for the most part they do good work.

Second, I'm a big boy. I can throw away the mailings if I don't want to send money in. As far as the phone calls, if you don't want them, call the number shown by Rob and be done with it.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    I think Packin' was referring to the phone company. They haven't done it to me but it was a big deal a little while ago. The NRA has said that I am not even obligated to return the video because I didn't ask for it, but they sure keep bugging me for it.
    Yeah, Sorry I should have clarified that more. I saw the post about a fella getting his phone service changed without his consent and I got rabbit-trailed...I seem to be good at that. The illegal part I was refering to the phone service changes. I used to work for a company that recorded all the calls between the service provider and the customer and we frequently received requests from the FCC for the recordings for evidence in court for SLAMMING charges. Some were fined ASTRONOMICALLY ...PER CALL!
    {rabbit-trail off}
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Administrator
    I've never got any calls, but then again nobody gets my home number.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    There is a call center down in florida, its not the NRA per say its a contracted call center.

Thats neither here nor there cause there still calling on behalf of the organization. You can have your name removed from that list. Its called the "Do NOT PROMOTE List" Call NRA Membership and they can remove you from that call list. It doesn't immediately take affect but it will after about a month. It also suppresses the mail down. 877 NRA 2000.
    Yep, it is a call center, not NRA employees. Pro telemarketers contracted out. I've asked.

Do as Rob99VMI04 says and it will greatly reduce the contact. I did it and I get very few mailings and no calls at all. I contribute when I choose, but usually not in response to any appeals. I also support the FoNRA quite a bit each year as they support youth and women's programs in my area.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I never got a call from the NRA....
    Same here.

I wonder if it has anything to do with having gotten the Life membership.

I still get plenty of mail solicitations, though.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post

As far as spending money that could be spent on other things, do you really think they would make the mailings if they spent more than the contributions they received from the mailings?

I don't.

I know that they are aggressive on their mailings. They send a survey or something else innocent and they always seem to end with them asking for money.

But that doesn't bother me. First, they do some good work. I don't agree with everything but for the most part they do good work.

First let me say that I am Pro NRA. I do not think that they do good work but they have done great work!!! And we can thank the NRA for a lot of the rights we have now!!! But because you do great work, to me does not mean that everything you do is right. Getting NRA junk mail once in awhile is fine and I feel a good way to achieve members. But getting sometimes three pieces of their junk mail in one day is an anoyance to me and many others. How can anyone think that multiple junk mail is good business practice. It cost to produce this junk mail, it cost to mail this junk mail and if you throw it away without looking at it they gained nothing but throwing that amount of money away. I just think there are better ways to gain members without filling my landfill in my state with unopen NRA junk mail.

I don't care about getting junk mail (although I do hate to see them waste money, but overall it must be profitable or they wouldn't do it). I just refuse to be forced into "opting out" of things or else it costs me money. I'll tell you when I want to give you money. But I actually appreciate junk mail, it pays a lot of bills for the post office. Without it, it would cost us $2 to mail a letter.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Never called...canceled the 'land line' a year ago...only use a cell now! I'm sure that has something to do with it...I get no 'sales' call now either...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I haven't been getting any calls from the NRA, just some rather strange emails from someone claiming to be the NRA. I call them strange because most email from them makes it past my junk mail filter, these haven't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links