If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am - Page 3

If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am

This is a discussion on If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy First let me say that I am Pro NRA. I do not think that they do good work but they ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    First let me say that I am Pro NRA. I do not think that they do good work but they have done great work!!! And we can thank the NRA for a lot of the rights we have now!!! But because you do great work, to me does not mean that everything you do is right. Getting NRA junk mail once in awhile is fine and I feel a good way to achieve members. But getting sometimes three pieces of their junk mail in one day is an anoyance to me and many others. How can anyone think that multiple junk mail is good business practice. It cost to produce this junk mail, it cost to mail this junk mail and if you throw it away without looking at it they gained nothing but throwing that amount of money away. I just think there are better ways to gain members without filling my landfill in my state with unopen NRA junk mail.
    "How can anyone think that multiple junk mail is good business practice?"

PaulG definition: "Good business practice" - spending money on an activity that raises more money than it costs.

Whether you read your mail or throw it away is irrelevant.

The fact is that the NRA isn't sending a mailing to you. They are sending a mass mailing to millions of people. Sure, each mailing costs money. But even if most people throw them away, the contributions they receive as a direct result of the mailing pays for the cost of the mailing and adds needed funds to the coffers.

It may be irritating but it works.

This is not any different from the mailings I get from Home Depot, Lowes, Giant Foods or Safeway Stores. By the way, I almost always throw these away along with much of the NRA mail.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

... If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am
    I would call them, require they put a do-not-disturb-with-junk-contacts type of indication on my account and, at the next violation, would cancel my membership. The NRA does some good things, but such tactics will drive me elsewhere ... doesn't matter what organization it is.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links