If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am

This is a discussion on If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife told me that she is tired of the NRA calling the house while I was at work and just this morning they called ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If the NRA started calling you at 8:30am

My wife told me that she is tired of the NRA calling the house while I was at work and just this morning they called me at 8:30am.

I don't mind the once in awhile money collecting at 6:30PM, but calling me in the morning when I'm getting my kids up is absurd. I've never had this happen before.

How many of you get AM phone calls from the NRA?

VIP Member
    I never got a call from the NRA....
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I haven't had a call from them since the last time they called asking why I didn't renew my membership and I told them my straightfaced answer.... Even before though they only called in the evenings after I got home from work. 830am...that's just not right. That's almost as bad as the telemarketers that call early saturday and sunday mornings...those ones just T me off. Most of the telemarketers I'm nice about telling them I'm not interested..but the ones that call early am get nothing but an ear-full.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Assistant Administrator
    I used to get calls but never that early. Despite giving a considerable number of donations during 2004 election run-up I had to tell them over time that I was not in a position to keep doing it - seems the message got thru and now calls are very infrequent.

These days I try to help over special cases only. However, a call from them or anyone silly early or late will not do other than P me off and result in a very brief response!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Dont think I have either. They did send me a video without my asking and then they keep asking me to pay for it or send it back. I keep pretty busy and don't need them giving me extra chores. I refuse to pay for or send back the video so hopefully they learn a lesson. I don't mind supporting them but I can't stand bottom feeder tactics. This is one step above a phone company changing my service without my permission.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    There is a call center down in florida, its not the NRA per say its a contracted call center.

Thats neither here nor there cause there still calling on behalf of the organization. You can have your name removed from that list. Its called the "Do NOT PROMOTE List" Call NRA Membership and they can remove you from that call list. It doesn't immediately take affect but it will after about a month. It also suppresses the mail down. 877 NRA 2000.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    Dont think I have either. They did send me a video without my asking and then they keep asking me to pay for it or send it back. I keep pretty busy and don't need them giving me extra chores. I refuse to pay for or send back the video so hopefully they learn a lesson. I don't mind supporting them but I can't stand bottom feeder tactics. This is one step above a phone company changing my service without my permission.
    If they've actually done that...call the FCC and a Lawyer. It's called Slamming and it's HIGHLY illegal. The FCC will fine them up one side and down the other.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

ive never received any phone calls. e-mails every once in awhile.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

I never get calls from the NRA. I get junk mail from them and every other political action group under the sun. Most of it just goes right in the trash.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    If they've actually done that...call the FCC and a Lawyer. It's called Slamming and it's HIGHLY illegal. The FCC will fine them up one side and down the other.
    If it was Illegal the exact way the NRA is doing it. Than I doubt the NRA would do it. There is probably some clause about being a member of the organization. If it was totally illegal I think 1 of the numerous NRA Lawyers would have figured it out.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I've never got phone calls from the NRA - they must know I'm just po' white trash.

I have received videos and books unsolicited from some other organizations, and it always was a pain in the butt. Now when it happens I send then a letter telling them I would be returning the item promptly upon receiving the $24.95 handling fee. Never do hear from any of them again.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Well anymore i answer my cell , the home phone i keep for the dsl only and seldom answer . Since i get up about 4 am it would be a non issue since i am allready gone and may or may not show up at the house later for coffee/work ect..
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    If it was Illegal the exact way the NRA is doing it. Than I doubt the NRA would do it. There is probably some clause about being a member of the organization. If it was totally illegal I think 1 of the numerous NRA Lawyers would have figured it out.
    I think Packin' was referring to the phone company. They haven't done it to me but it was a big deal a little while ago. The NRA has said that I am not even obligated to return the video because I didn't ask for it, but they sure keep bugging me for it.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I never got a call from the NRA....
    Me ether.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Never received a call from them that early but they have called me. It always made me wonder if they have a list of who is a member or not because I never got a call untill I became a member. What bothers me the most is the junk mail they send me. They send me junk mail inside of other junk mail they have. I am for the NRA but I think they can save alot of money by having a list of members so they know we do not need to ask these people on the list. ITS got to cost alot to send junk mail. And since I'm a member already I just throw the junk mail away. It seems like a big lost of money that can be used for better purposes in our fight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links