Beware Of The New Anti Propaganda

This is a discussion on Beware Of The New Anti Propaganda within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Once again trying to play on peoples fears the anti's are now saying handguns are the major terrorist threat. http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/...a_tool_of.html...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware Of The New Anti Propaganda

Beware Of The New Anti Propaganda

Once again trying to play on peoples fears the anti's are now saying handguns are the major terrorist threat.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/...a_tool_of.html

2. Remove Ads

I just don't understand people...
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

I think law abiding citizens with a handgun are the perfect anti-terrorist threat ;)
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    I think law abiding citizens with a handgun are the perfect anti-terrorist threat ;)
    +1 to that

Hmmm.....suspects on a terror watch list can buy a gun? Just who adjudicates that list and if you are "accidentally" added to the list, how do you get off the list?

"suspects" have not been charged or convicted of committing any crime. Maybe that is one thing these "editors" forgot--due process. How would they like it that they are added to "a list" which prohibits them from speaking in public or writing/posting on the internet?

How many times have we heard about people with similiar names to that of suspected terrorists are on "the list"? How about the 4 year old who was on the watch list and was prohibited from flying with his family?

Should individuals have their rights administratively taken away because some gov't drone added a name to a list? without due process or appeal?

Ah...but the editorial is in NYC--it explains the lunacy.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

+300,000,000 (more or less)
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    Proly a card carrying Brady Buncher...
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
    OFCC Patron
    Buckeye Firearms Assoc. supporter
    Life Member NRA

Senior Moderator
    That "opinion" is about as far from reality as they reporter claims the Government is for not instituting more gun control.

Its not rocker surgery, to figure out that the more armed good guys there are the less likely some punk will act.
    Terrorists want to terrify....and they usually pick soft targets to do their deeds.
    Schools,crowded ,markets, synagogues or any place were people gather in mass.

If they even suspect that someone will cap them before they can act they will move somewhere else where there is no danger.

The writer is displaying a sheep mentality and using his fear of handguns and the word terrorist to further his agenda of disarmament.

Come to think of it...what else would we expect from a reporter in NYC?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

More American civilians died in the Virginia Tech gun rampage than were killed by terrorists worldwide in the entire year of 2006.
    Ummm, what??

As for the terrorist watchlist. Just saw an article today where it has ballooned to over 700,000 people, whereas three years ago it was around 150,000.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; October 25th, 2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Edited language workaround
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    ridiculous. If a home-grown terrorist needs a gun, there are plenty of avenues to get one illegally, the same way home-grown gangs and criminals pick them up.

I'm always amazed how quick certain people are to equate accusation (or even just surveillance!) with guilt, and call for the denial of their rights. It's all well and good until it's your head on the chopping block, right?

He got one thing right, though.

But as the Virginia Tech case illustrates, all one needs is an abundant amount of reload ammunition, a densely populated soft target, and the will to kill to produce dozens of deaths in just minutes.
    So, which one of these is the easiest to eliminate from society? hmmmmmmmmmmm. I say again: HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

For that matter, unlicensed dealers are, under some circumstances, permitted to sell guns without a background check. Want to buy a gun without drawing attention? Just go to a gun show.
    Ah yes, the gun show, were everybody can purchase a gun or WMD w/o any background check!!!

I think this whole page was written by the Brady bunch themselves.

The death toll in those cases never reached the double-digits. But as the Virginia Tech case illustrates, all one needs is an abundant amount of reload ammunition, a densely populated soft target, and the will to kill to produce dozens of deaths in just minutes.
    If people like this had there way, "a densely populated soft target" would be everywhere!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneRanger View Post
    I just don't understand people...
    Look at the artices bottom margin....

Klarevas is a professor at New York University's Center for Global Affairs, where he teaches the graduate seminar on transnational terrorism.
    Two things you have to consider New York and university

+2! One for me and one for my wife, we are integral parts of America's Homeland Security Force!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Educated idiots..training more of the same!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    When we conjure up images of the terrorist threat to America, it usually involves chemical, biological or, God forbid, nuclear weapons.
    Idiots like this lose credibility right here. He thinks nukes are worse than chemical or biological weapons. Yeah.. right.

I got two more paragraphs in before I nearly puked. I have no tolerance left for people who blindly believe drivel like this.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links