Former Spokesman Fires At NRA

This is a discussion on Former Spokesman Fires At NRA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Turncoat trys to bring down the NRA. http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...cle3112827.ece...

Turncoat trys to bring down the NRA.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...cle3112827.ece

You know, he didn't say anything I don't think sometimes. I'm a NRA member and the constant appeals for cash while not seeming really to fight for the things we all really want kinda pushes my buttons a little.

I realize they have done some great things, which is why I'm a member, but sometimes the NRA is rather frustrating for me.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Ya know this is a British "news"paper...

While I agree the NRA can sometimes be a little pushy when it comes to money, they are still our best defense against the anti's. I don't always agree with their tactics but a few mailings asking for money isn't what bothers me about them.

Why does being a British news paper make any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Why does being a British news paper make any difference?
    I think he was pointing out that the British media is notoriously biased.

Either way, whether he is right or wrong, he's pretty much discredited once you learn who he is. Just someone that's bitter about his former job. No one really takes those sorts of people seriously.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

You ever watch Ultimate Force on BBC these guys love gun play

It cost money to take up a battle. The NRA does a great job.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Taken from the Article:

"Even the bloody toll of the Virginia Tech shootings which left 33 students dead and 29 injured, was not enough to mobilise public opinion into seeking changes to the country's gun laws. Politicians are so afraid of the power of the NRA to destroy them that few dare call for serious controls on the sale of handguns and assault weapons."

""Wayne LaPierre, the NRA's long-time chief executive, has already sounded the alarm with his members. "It's inevitable that terrorists will infest America for generations to come," he said. "It's also inevitable that an anti-gun president will occupy the White House, and anti-gun forces will control the House and Senate.

"When these two certainties intersect,' Mr LaPierre continued, "America's anti-gun agenda will emerge in full force masquerading as an anti-terrorist agenda. Unless we are well-financed to face that moment, the disarmament of law-abiding Americans will occur beneath the shroud of anti-terrorism legislation.""

I just have to say that the British Press has never understood America nor gave it a fair shake either. I think their assertions that we need more guncontrol in America to prevent things like this from happening just shows how far off from reality they are. If a few students were legally carrying I'll bet that guy in Virginia would not have killed as many as he did and then the British press would have had nothing to say over their cup of tea and crumpets. Let us not also forget that our forefathers realized that the right to bear arms was indeed important just after we fought the British who wanted to disarm us as well, being the colony we were.
    I saw a "mobilized opinion" indeed! The opinion/outcry that CCW students should be allowed to carry guns to school!

LaPierre was right and I'll assume that his qoute was cherry picked. First off who are the British to talk about anti-gun agenda being linked with Terrorism? They have outlawed guns and yet they still have terrorism? What ethical or moral position do they have at all to speak of us?

Our best and brightest should, like Ron Paul says, be moved back home to secure our borders, states and towns like the well armed militias that they are! Maybe then Homeland Security could be dissolved as the worthless department it is. More government is not the solution, it is the (beaurocratic) problem, Hurricane Katrina sure proved that!

I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

I agree I get a little bothers by the pandering from time to time but, it all we have betwen us and Hillary.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Before we bring out the tar & feathers, you may want to listen to Mr. Feldman's interview in Guntalk.

http://guntalk.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=272115
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Links