URGENT-NOVA People

URGENT-NOVA People

This is a discussion on URGENT-NOVA People within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Stole this from another forum. I know this a Open Carry issue and opinions/tempors/ egos fly when stuff like this is brought up. However, I ...

Thread: URGENT-NOVA People

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

URGENT-NOVA People

Stole this from another forum.

I know this a Open Carry issue and opinions/tempors/ egos fly when stuff like this is brought up.

However, I put this up here for a reason not to promote Open Carry but to inform everybody of another possible avenue of attack by the anti-side.

Not all of us agree with open carry but we all bleed when one of us gets cut!!!

PS I don't lke muzzleloader shooting but I would stand and do my part to fight as much as I could to save them from loosing their ability to use muzzle loader's, because I know I'm next on the chopping Block!!!

See hearing schedule at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/governm...ardPackage.pdf, at 3. They usually run late on these things.

See draft legislative agenda (wish list) at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/governm...t_program.pdf:

Item 4: Allow County to ban gun carry on all County property, with a permit holder exemption; also, to instruct legislators at state and federal level to oppose measures to make illegal weapon trafficking easier.

Item 5: Make teen cell phone driver ban a primary offense (would increase ability of police to stop us all to investigate cell phone use)

Joint position with School Board: Page 18, item 15: Make ALL teen driver offenses primary, and make seat belt infractions primary, allowing police to stop almost any vehicle at any time and search occupants and driver compartment under Terry stop doctrine.

Directions to County HQ: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/maps/locatMap.htm
    Try to sign up at https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/bosclerk/speaker_bos.htm by 10 AM on Monday - but if you miss it, they will call for anyone else to speak and then you can stand up.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

EEGADS! That's today monday not next monday... Not a snowballs chance in he!! I can make that today. I moved from ffx to clarke about 2 years ago now, but my family is still in ffx so I'd be there if I knew about it ahead of time.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    EEGADS! That's today monday not next monday... Not a snowballs chance in he!! I can make that today. I moved from ffx to clarke about 2 years ago now, but my family is still in ffx so I'd be there if I knew about it ahead of time.
    Don't worry my co-worker and I signed up to speak @ 4 oclock. We need a copy of the Virginia Pre-emption law.

any body have a link?

Basically what where going to say if we are near the front of the speaking line.

"Board of Supervisers, I'm sure your aware of Virginia State Law Pre-emption, However, if your not I would like to inform you as to what that is" thats when i bring up the code for pre-emption. "According to Virginia State Law what your trying to pass is against the law as in you have No authority to pass this law. This is not a question of if I'm pro 2A or if I'm against 2A. Regardless of who gets up after me and speaks on either side is Irrelavant. What your proposing is ILLEGAL. Can we all go home now?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Basically what where going to say if we are near the front of the speaking line. <SNIP>
    Well if nothing else it's brief and to the point!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Don't worry my co-worker and I signed up to speak @ 4 oclock. We need a copy of the Virginia Pre-emption law.

any body have a link?

Basically what where going to say if we are near the front of the speaking line.

"Board of Supervisers, I'm sure your aware of Virginia State Law Pre-emption, However, if your not I would like to inform you as to what that is" thats when i bring up the code for pre-emption. "According to Virginia State Law what your trying to pass is against the law as in you have No authority to pass this law. This is not a question of if I'm pro 2A or if I'm against 2A. Regardless of who gets up after me and speaks on either side is Irrelavant. What your proposing is ILLEGAL. Can we all go home now?
    I think this is it:
    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+15.2-915
    § 15.2-915. Control of firearms; applicability to authorities and local governmental agencies.

A. No locality shall adopt or enforce any ordinance, resolution or motion, as permitted by § 15.2-1425, and no agent of such locality shall take any administrative action, governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying, storage or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof other than those expressly authorized by statute. For purposes of this section, a statute that does not refer to firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof, shall not be construed to provide express authorization.

Nothing in this section shall prohibit a locality from adopting workplace rules relating to terms and conditions of employment of the workforce. Nothing in this section shall prohibit a law-enforcement officer, as defined in § 9.1-101 from acting within the scope of his duties.

The provisions of this section applicable to a locality shall also apply to any authority or to a local governmental entity, including a department or agency, but not including any local or regional jail or juvenile detention facility.

B. Any local ordinance, resolution or motion adopted prior to the effective date of this act governing the purchase, possession, transfer, ownership, carrying or transporting of firearms, ammunition, or components or combination thereof, other than those expressly authorized by statute, is invalid.

(1987, c. 629, § 15.1-29.15; 1988, c. 392; 1997, cc. 550, 587; 2002, c. 484; 2003, c. 943; 2004, cc. 837, 923.)

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Thank you kind sir.... YOU are a scholar and a gentleman.

I printed 50 copies I think I may pass these out at the meeting. If that is legal.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Uhg. The crap the people on the board of supervisors try in that county... Junk like this is one of the reasons I'm going to try like hell to never move back there. Morons. Knowing them, they would include roads and air as 'county property.'

They're been trying to get that 'cell phone driving' thing moved to a primary offense for, gawd... like 5 years? The problem is always the same, though. It's like requesting a speed trap be put up in your neighborhood to catchy speedy kids... it ALWAYS nails the adults.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Thank you kind sir.... YOU are a scholar and a gentleman.

I printed 50 copies I think I may pass these out at the meeting. If that is legal.
    Thanks...Bookmark the legislative link. I bookmarked the link and I've found myself referencing it regularly. Everyone always seems to have some differing opinion on this law or that so I figure it's best that I be able to read them for myself. In this way, I only have myself to blame for an incorrect assumption of what really IS in the codes. Plus, there's always some fool trying to legislate or vote away our rights.

-The Mist (2007)

I think the District of Columbia or Maryland has rubbed off on Fairfax County!!! I know they drive like they're from D.C.!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    I think the District of Columbia or Maryland has rubbed off on Fairfax County!!! I know they drive like they're from D.C.!
    No...they didn't rub off. Those of us already here aren't that dumb. The problem is that they immigrated from DC and MD...er well...emmigrated depending on which side of the dmz you're on.

edit:
    Ok so for you guys able to make it...what happened? Did they even let you speak...or did they cut you off and abruptly end the meeting like they have in the past...or managed to "accidentally" reschedule the meeting a few hours early and "forget" to tell the rest?
    Last edited by packinnova; November 19th, 2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: oopsie

-The Mist (2007)

Links