When Is The Nra Going To Stand Up ?

This is a discussion on When Is The Nra Going To Stand Up ? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; When is the NRA going to stand up for the 2A ? The GOA has stood up for Ron Paul due to his support of ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

When is the NRA going to stand up for the 2A ?

The GOA has stood up for Ron Paul due to his support of the 2A.

The NRA needs to stand up and not be a johnny come late to the party. The NRA needs to poll the NRA membership on who the membership wants to elect to support the 2A.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    http://www.nrapublications.org/celebration/default.asp

Chris Cox states in the begining this is NOT a endorsement for a candidate it was merely a symposium for presedential candidates regarding the 2A. Mr. Ron Paul for what ever reason chose NOT to attend. Therefore he was not mentioned since he was not in attendance. So are you upset because he did not attend by his own choice? I'm interested can you please explain.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Their traditional method is placing an insert in your magazine the month OF or the month BEFORE election time; "Pro 2A candidates in your area!" - or in the presidential case, they'll have a story on how that candidate likes to hunt etc..

The reason many people are into Ron Paul, including myself - is he's not just for the 2A, he's for ensuring things remain completely Constitutional. He doesn't always just say that the 2A is an important part of America, he says it's unconstitutional to think otherwise - and he says so publicly. The NRA used to do that all the time, now they stick to just telling it's members...who know that anyways..
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

Dog,

GOA has gotten behind Ron Paul (R).
    The NRA going back several years has then and still does stand behind Gov. Bill Richardson (D), who with them has the highest 'rating' amongst all the 2008 candidates.
    The NRA is and has been standing, just not in the corner where you've been looking.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Dog,

GOA has gotten behind Ron Paul (R).
    The NRA going back several years has then and still does stand behind Gov. Bill Richardson (D), who with them has the highest 'rating' amongst all the 2008 candidates.
    The NRA is and has been standing, just not in the corner where you've been looking.

- Janq
    It's a great point. The NRA is for background checks and permits. Makes more sense that they would position theirselves behind a candidate that is for the same.

Now personally, I'm against those things and find them an infringement of the 2A, which is why I'll go with Ron Paul, but it's a good point.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

MAN all of the credit and non of the praise. Most of you guys live in states that have CCW, or the right to carry a concealed handgun.

Mercalf--One name MARION HAMMER ex NRA president. I guess riding on the shirt tails of others is okay by you, I was raised, HONOR above Personal GAIN.

Sammy please let me know how much money GOA put into your state to help you guys have CCW or whatever you call it in KY. Then crossreference with GOA/SAF and then give me a figure, other wise stop trashing/enjoying something that somebody worked so hard FOR YOU to actually practice.

Heres the fact. Right now if it wasn't for the NRA.... YOU Wouldn't be allowed to carry PERIOD. Or have any cool rifle that was evil in BLACK or that looked good in a VIDEO game. Please please instead of just down RIGHT B****ing about 86 and stuff that has just flat out happened let me know what GOA, SAF or whoever has ACTUALLY accomplished. Due you enjoy shooting guns that use standard 30 round mags. You have that right back now because of NRA. Carrying a gun concealed you have that right BACK BECAUSE of NRA.
    DOG WYOMING you have that RIGHT back NOW because of NRA.

If you show me some $ or something that GOA, SAF has given to get this stuff past or show me something, I'll agree with you.

This is looking a Gift horse clear in the mouth, because of one or a few things they did that one did not agree with However, I'm adult enough to read between the lines and sort out the BS vs what is actually real., and what people actually due. Youth programs, Womens Programs, Keeping Ranges Open, Protecting Hunters Rights, Fighting and forking over the cash to pay for CCW, protecting the manufactures from getting sued out of business so you can enjoy a free market of guns and purchasing the "BEST" of the best and not have to worry about whether or not there going to go out of business in a few years due to some silly law suit, Katrina.... Look stop complaining this is like what happened in Scotland during William Wallace life. The clans are there they all agree in a free scotland, but nobody is willing to come off their pride horse. I say UNITE the CLANS. You can bicker amongst yourselves or look at the real picture. Whats the future. If you really want to get out and do something, get out there, train somebody go to a organized shoot, compete, recruit another competitor. Become and Instructor and teach CCW or even Freaking BSA, 4-H Royal Rangers, Ventures, Explorer, Hunters Safety or whatever Do something besides turning people agains the only organization that financially and physically supports all.

Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by Rob99VMI04; December 3rd, 2007 at 09:39 PM.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

BTW---Does any of these organizations give money tothe family of its Law Enforcment members if there KIA if they do please let me know. NRA gives $25,000 to any NRA member who is a LE officer KIA.

OO what if I'm just a regular JOE SMOE citizen and OO lets say I lose my Carry Gun. NRA members covers up to $1,000 in any firearm or Bow, that is lost stolen or damaged world wide. So if I lose my Glock will GOA give me Something to help me pay for a New one?
    Last edited by Rob99VMI04; December 3rd, 2007 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DOGOFWAR01 View Post
    When is the NRA going to stand up for the 2A ?
    When is GOA or somebody else going to actually Do something?

+1 Rob

We all across the country today right now have one major and core person to thank when it comes to concealed carry laws.
    An unassuming atypical looking grandma from Florida who just would not fold...

Marion Hammer

Before her there was nothing but dark days and after there has been ever increasing bright light.
    She as importance of being to American history is like a modern day Clara Barton.
    Every one of us should know her name and she is of the NRA.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

+1 Rob

We all across the country today right now have one major and core person to thank when it comes to concealed carry laws.

Marion Hammer

Before her there was nothing but dark days and after there has been ever increasing bright light.
    She as importance of being to American history is like a modern day Clara Barton.

- Janq
    JANQ,
    THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURE OF THE FIRST TRUE FEMALE PRESIDENT.....

however, I HATE CATS...I am deathly allergic, but there so cute!!!

+1 Rob

Marion Hammer

- Janq
    +1 Jang...

I'm still making contributions to the NRA...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    MAN all of the credit and non of the praise. Most of you guys live in states that have CCW, or the right to carry a concealed handgun.

Mercalf--One name MARION HAMMER ex NRA president. I guess riding on the shirt tails of others is okay by you, I was raised, HONOR above Personal GAIN.
    If you're trying to say the NRA doesn't have faults, I've got riverbottom land to sell you. Everything I said in my post is a fact. They do support background checks and permits, I do not.

Sammy please let me know how much money GOA put into your state to help you guys have CCW or whatever you call it in KY. Then crossreference with GOA/SAF and then give me a figure, other wise stop trashing/enjoying something that somebody worked so hard FOR YOU to actually practice.
    Why should I care what the GOA did, I'm not a member of the GOA? I am a member of the NRA and I'm about tired of them rolling over continuously on legislation.

Heres the fact. Right now if it wasn't for the NRA.... YOU Wouldn't be allowed to carry PERIOD. Or have any cool rifle that was evil in BLACK or that looked good in a VIDEO game. Please please instead of just down RIGHT B****ing about 86 and stuff that has just flat out happened let me know what GOA, SAF or whoever has ACTUALLY accomplished. Due you enjoy shooting guns that use standard 30 round mags. You have that right back now because of NRA. Carrying a gun concealed you have that right BACK BECAUSE of NRA.
    DOG WYOMING you have that RIGHT back NOW because of NRA.

If you show me some $ or something that GOA, SAF has given to get this stuff past or show me something, I'll agree with you.

This is looking a Gift horse clear in the mouth, because of one or a few things they did that one did not agree with However, I'm adult enough to read between the lines and sort out the BS vs what is actually real., and what people actually due. Youth programs, Womens Programs, Keeping Ranges Open, Protecting Hunters Rights, Fighting and forking over the cash to pay for CCW, protecting the manufactures from getting sued out of business so you can enjoy a free market of guns and purchasing the "BEST" of the best and not have to worry about whether or not there going to go out of business in a few years due to some silly law suit, Katrina.... Look stop complaining this is like what happened in Scotland during William Wallace life. The clans are there they all agree in a free scotland, but nobody is willing to come off their pride horse. I say UNITE the CLANS. You can bicker amongst yourselves or look at the real picture. Whats the future. If you really want to get out and do something, get out there, train somebody go to a organized shoot, compete, recruit another competitor. Become and Instructor and teach CCW or even Freaking BSA, 4-H Royal Rangers, Ventures, Explorer, Hunters Safety or whatever Do something besides turning people agains the only organization that financially and physically supports all.

Sorry for the rant.
    Yeah, not even breaking the rest down point by point because there wasn't one outside of the NRA is great, the NRA gave money to other people.

If your only argument against criticism of the GOA is that they don't have the financial clout like the NRA does, that's a house of cards that's falling down in a minute. They have however, given almost half of the amount the NRA does in lobbying. And they do it without imo compromising on the 2A. Oh wait, they didn't donate to little Timmy's range and they aren't a huge lobbying group. Obviously they don't count. It's like we have Wayne LaPierre himself on these forums sending me 30 letters a week begging for money.

Give me a freakin break. The NRA has done some good (probably even the most good), but treating them like they are perfect or the only gun right's group is a flat out joke. And no matter which way you spin it and how much unrelated funding of other groups you bring up, the point still stands that they are endorsing a candidate that is for background checks and permits to carry. The GOA is endorsing a candidate that is for neither of those things because he views them as an infringement upon the 2A. This is fact.
    Last edited by Scott; December 4th, 2007 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Personal Attack removed
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

I'm still on the fence in the NRA argument. There's certainly some validity to both sides. At the risk of sending Rob into hyper-rant mode, I'm curious what anyone thinks of the info presented here (NRAwol.net)

VIP Member
    Sammy, you don't like the NRA? You are cordially invited to quit and join whatever Gun Legislation group that is equally or superior to the NRA in legislation achievements. I am sure there is one organization out there that has a magic wand and will erase all gun laws in a jiffy.

Is the NRA perfect? Nope. But so far it is the best there is out there. I have disagreed with the NRA and I let THEM know. But I don't go around making sweeping generalizations and almost comparing them with the Brady Bunch because they had the stones of doing someting that I might not see eye to eye with them.
    These silly attacks MUST STOP. Rational discussion is always welcome and necessary but bad mouthing one pro-gun group or another bades ill to all of us.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Sammy, you don't like the NRA? You are cordially invited to quit and join whatever Gun Legislation group that is equally or superior to the NRA in legislation achievements. I am sure there is one organization out there that has a magic wand and will erase all gun laws in a jiffy.

Is the NRA perfect? Nope. But so far it is the best there is out there. I have disagreed with the NRA and I let THEM know. But I don't go around making sweeping generalizations and almost comparing them with the Brady Bunch because they had the stones of doing someting that I might not see eye to eye with them.
    These silly attacks MUST STOP. Rational discussion is always welcome and necessary but bad mouthing one pro-gun group or another bades ill to all of us.
    Lol, why is critcism of the NRA on gun forums always taken as you don't like the group, etc, so forth. I even said in my post that the NRA has arguably done the most good for gun rights. That doesn't mean that I walk in lock step with them. Walking in lock step with any group and not thinking for yourself is bad.

Of course said critcism has to bring strawmans from everywhere about how every other organization can't do the same job, which is not even relevant to the point at hand. Maybe, I don't want to quit the NRA and join another group that isn't as big and not as effective because they don't have the same monetary lobbying power. That doesn't mean that I can't enjoy their less compromising stances or that I will compromise my own stances to parrot the NRA.

The only thing I've concretely said about NRA policy in this thread is that they support background checks and the permit process. This is 100% true. They also are not supporting the one candidate in the 2008 election process that is against those things because he finds them to be an infringement upon the 2A. This is also 100% true. I really wish you folks would stop imagining extra words in my and other people's posts because it might critcize the NRA in some facet.

What bode's ill for all of us are gun owners just parroting things and not understanding what is actually going on.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links