Who Wears These Shoes?

Who Wears These Shoes?

This is a discussion on Who Wears These Shoes? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; SHOE FETISH COLLEGE PROFESSORS AGAINST GUN VIOLENCE ~ HA HA HA Chris Pyle and Community Take Aim at Handgun Violence Professor of Politics Christopher Pyle ...

Thread: Who Wears These Shoes?

Administrator

Angry Who Wears These Shoes?

SHOE FETISH COLLEGE PROFESSORS AGAINST GUN VIOLENCE ~ HA HA HA
    Chris Pyle and Community
    Take Aim at Handgun Violence

Professor of Politics Christopher Pyle is leading the campus effort to rally support for a silent march against handguns. He aims to collect 5,000 pairs of shoes, one pair to represent each American under age twenty killed by handgun violence in a single year.

Students used to hearing Professor of Politics Christopher H. Pyle criticize "the politics of easy gestures" were not surprised in March when he challenged them, along with faculty and staff, to take a stand against what he believes is the excessive manufacture of guns in the United States.

Pyle has not only asked the community to join in a "silent march" against gun violence in Springfield on May 2, but he has also sought its help in collecting 5,000 pairs of shoes to symbolize the number of children killed by firearms last year. The shoes will be set up in front of Smith & Wesson's gun manufacturing plant in Springfield on May 2 to encourage that company, in Pyle's words, "to make fewer lethal weapons and more golf clubs." Smith & Wesson is the world's largest maker of handguns.

American companies make approximately 1.8 million new handguns each year, on top of the 50 million already in circulation. Pyle sees no need for so many handguns, or for the one million assault rifles that gun dealers tried to import this year. "One million assault rifles," Pyle has computed, "would arm sixty-nine divisions of infantry, or four times more people than we had under arms in Vietnam." Each year approximately 35,000 Americans are killed by guns, according to the National Center for Disease Control.

The purpose of the silent march, Pyle says, is not to deprive sportsmen of their pleasures, or persons in need of self-protection. But "there is no need for Smith & Wesson to market little 'LadySmith' revolvers to suburban women, or for other companies to make cheap 'Saturday night specials,' cop-killer bullets, guns machined to accept silencers, pistols with fingerprintless coatings, or guns with names like 'streetsweeper" Pyle argues.

Boxes in the dormitories are overflowing with donated shoes, from worn-out ballet slippers to pristine Birkenstocks. Contributors have been asked to include a note, poem, or other remembrance of gun victims they have known. One pair of sneakers, given by Assistant to the Dean of the College Nancy Larson, belonged to her son Dan, who was murdered with a handgun in 1991. Rolled inside one of his sneakers is a memory book published in Dan's memory by family and friends. "The pictures alone speak volumes in terms of Dan's love of life and the impact he had on everyone with whom he came in contact," Larson said.

The silent march and shoe display in Springfield is one of seven being organized outside of gun plants by Americans Against Gun Violence and its founder, Tina Johnstone. Pyle met Johnstone in 1997 when, as a member of the awards committee of the Petra Foundation, he helped select her for one of that foundation's "unsung hero" awards. Pyle is now helping Johnstone raise money for a lawsuit against gun makers modeled on the successful tobacco litigation.

Members of the community interested in helping with the march, contributing to the litigation fund, or obtaining transportation to Springfield on May 2 are encouraged to contact Pyle.

Oh this is rich.

Yes, even though the cheapest gun Smith and Wesson makes probably costs at least $300, these are indeed the weapons of street thugs.

Good lord. Never mind the fact that Smith and Wesson caters mostly to police service pistols, hunting handguns, and gun people who like their double action revolvers and model 1911s.

Yeah stop making those lousy service pistols. Let's arm the police with fishsticks.

Stop making those rotten revolvers. Euclidean might have to start buying Rugers instead.

Two things really grab me here:

Each year approximately 35,000 Americans are killed by guns, according to the National Center for Disease Control.
    No maybe 1 person is killed by a gun each year. I'm sure at least one person could have died from a mechanically defective firearm malfunctioning.

35,000 people are perhaps murdered each year and the weapon was a gun? Or does this include hunting accidents? Does it include our soldiers overseas who fall to enemy fire? I mean what all goes into this configuration? I know the antis are fond of taking a statistic like "35,000 people were murdered last year" and saying "35,000 people were killed by guns last year" without clarifying who was shot and who was beaten to death with a lead pipe.

What would be correct is to say "X people were murdered by a criminal using a gun last year" or "Y people were accidentally shot and killed last year".

Oh and by the way, 43,000 Americans die in car accidents each year. Why not march against General Motors in Detroit and tell them to make less cars?

The purpose of the silent march, Pyle says, is not to deprive sportsmen of their pleasures, or persons in need of self-protection.
    Then why march at all? Smith and Wesson's products fit into those uses and that's what they are made and intended for. It's like if I made ratchet handles, it's not my fault if someone takes my ratchet handle I made and beats someone to death with it.

Smith and Wesson obeys all applicable laws and regulations. They do not even sell guns to the general public the last time I checked. Even if I were a legally qualified person and I were to walk up to the factory right now and try to buy a gun from them they would refuse because I'm not an authorized purchaser.

Oh by the way professor it's estimated breast cancer kills about 42,000 Americans per year. Now let's compare the number of people who want to cure breast cancer to the number of goofballs who want to regulate guns based on muddled and meaningless statistics.

By the way how many homeless people could benefit from these shoes instead of just tossing them about?

Edit: Oh it gets better

there is no need for Smith & Wesson to market little 'LadySmith' revolvers to suburban women,
    So it's not okay to market products to women? Or is it not okay for women who live in suburbs to protect themselves? Or are you saying women don't deserve to be armed when they're 4 times more likely to be the victim of a violent crime?

or for other companies to make cheap 'Saturday night specials,'
    A term which is used to derogatively refer to handguns owned by minorities by the way.

cop-killer bullets,
    Nobody has ever made a cop killer bullet. By the way I can't think of a handgun manufacturer that makes ammunition.

guns machined to accept silencers,
    Oh yes let's by all means damage our hearing. By the way silencers are heavily restricted, which means nothing because they're easy to fabricate if you have access to a hardware store.

On top of that, what if I want a muzzle brake, barrel extension, compensator, or flash suppressor on my $1000 handgun? Never mind that all these accessories mount on the barrel in some fashion and actually make the gun safer to use.

pistols with fingerprintless coatings,
    What? Give me an example please...?

or guns with names like 'streetsweeper
    Nobody makes such a gun. Why does the name matter anyway? You want dumb names look at what they name cars.
    Last edited by Euclidean; July 23rd, 2005 at 12:38 PM.

OD*
    Quote:
    or guns with names like 'streetsweeper

Nobody makes such a gun. Why does the name matter anyway? You want dumb names look at what they name cars.
    They are called "The Protecta" now
    http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/SH09-E.HTM
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I stand corrected.

But it's still pointless to whine about the name.

OD*
    Apparently, "names" bother the sheep.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Administrator

Ok

How about collecting a pair of shoes from every senior citizen & hapless female & honest businessman that were brainwashed by the Ultra~Lib~LEFT College Professor Types into believing that the only proper self~defense is NO DEFENSE at all?
    Add that to a pair of shoes from every damn crack dealer, rapist & child molester that was put BACK OUT ON THE STREET by Berkley Schooled Judges.

Off Topic:
    But, I just now found this on the web. I just had to post it.
    Last edited by QKShooter; July 23rd, 2005 at 02:12 PM.

Assistant Administrator
    I was full of comments - until I read Euc's post. Thx dude - you did all my work for me! +!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sponsored Links