1871 & Other Years "arms" For Texans

This is a discussion on 1871 & Other Years "arms" For Texans within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://txcdl.org/TCDL_June_Newsletter.pdf An interesting article on Open Carry by a Peace Officer http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1008.html Indian Wars continued in Texas until 1874 by Federal Troops, during the “re-construction” ...

Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: 1871 & Other Years "arms" For Texans

  1. #1
    Ex Member Array DOGOFWAR01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WYOMING
    Posts
    562

    1871 & Other Years "arms" For Texans

    http://txcdl.org/TCDL_June_Newsletter.pdf
    An interesting article on Open Carry by a Peace Officer

    http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1008.html
    Indian Wars continued in Texas until 1874 by Federal Troops, during the “re-construction” period following the War from 1861 to 1865. Note: Texas passed law 3 years earlier in 1871, to disarm Texans of their handguns. Indian Wars by Federal Troops continued until 1900, 29 years after disarming Texans of their handguns.

    http://www.guncite.com/journals/haltex.html
    This is a very interesting read , failure to study history leads to the doom of the past.
    Copyright © 1989 Baylor Law Review. Originally published as 41 BAYLOR L. REV. 629-688 (1989
    The People Have Been Disarmed Throughout the State"
    The far more draconian statute was passed on April 12, 1871, entitled "An Act to regulate the keeping and bearing of deadly weapons."[144] For the first time, Texas prohibited the bearing of all arms (p.658)other than rifles and shotguns at any place off of one's premises. Today's statute derives from the 1871 act passed by the Reconstruction legislature.


    http://www.gunlaws.com/Texas-healy-traveling.htm
    Another interesting article from 2005 on carrying in Texas


    http://www.lizmichael.com/racistgc.htm
    Is it gun control or people control ?

    http://teapot.usask.ca/cdn-firearms/Cramer/firefire.txt
    By the Act of April 12, 1871, Texas became the
    first American state to deny its citizens the right of self-
    defense; the carrying of deadly weapons was prohibited

    A person who intends suicide after mass murder, will not
    be deterred by any law. (In the absence of guns, one man
    with $1 worth of gasoline successfully murdered 87 people in
    New York City two years ago.) A criminal who intends
    murder, is unconcerned about the minor punishment of
    carrying a concealed weapon. Only the law-abiding person,
    with no criminal history, is deterred by such laws. (Does VA TECH and Omaha ring a bell in this regard ?)


    http://www.gunlaws.com/tgogup3.htm
    Some Texans regained the ability to bear arms in 1995, when the CHL law was passed and signed by Governor (now President) Bush. It provided much needed relief from the long denial of rights. About 1% of all Texans have obtained a government license and can carry as they travel around the state. The other 99% are still under the ban that began in 1871.

    http://www.oag.state.tx.us/opinions/...ox/jm-0286.htm
    Attorney General of the State of Texas 1984

    http://www.gunlawsuits.org/defend/second/
    The Truth About the Second Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

  2. Remove Ads

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ruger selling "Coyote Special" to Texans only
    By paramedic70002 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: October 13th, 2013, 10:41 AM
  2. Ward Bird - Guilty of "Criminal Threatening" - 3 to 6 years in the pokey
    By Coder in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2011, 07:59 PM
  3. North American Arms .22 Magnum "black Widow"
    By jsmosby in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 6th, 2007, 03:55 PM
  4. "Bill of Rights: Kids question right to bear arms"
    By goawayfarm in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: February 14th, 2007, 11:15 AM
  5. PRESIDENT BUSH SIGNS "PROTECTION OF LAWFUL COMMERCE IN ARMS ACT"
    By JT in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 30th, 2005, 11:56 AM

Search tags for this page

1871 disarmament act texas
,
1871 texas carry history
,
1871 texas gun
,
concealed carry l.rev.
,

disarmament act of april 12, 1871

,
guns in 1871 texas
,
indians and texans in 1871
,
texans in1871
Click on a term to search for related topics.