Still waiting on how Brady org will spin church shootings

This is a discussion on Still waiting on how Brady org will spin church shootings within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I haven't seen anything yet........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still waiting on how Brady org will spin church shootings

I haven't seen anything yet.....

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    I haven't seen anything yet.....
    I suspect the anti's will look at it as a security guard, highly trained as a LEO...not someone that is a commoner with a CCW license. So, the lines are blurred.

Rick

according to cnn...she was a unpaid member of the church. I've read so far that she was a : ex LEO, a "highly trained" security guard (HUH?) and a cilvillian with a CCW that was asked to help out.
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/10/col...ngs/index.html
    Now...I've known tons of security guards, none of them are what I'd call "highly trained" So...I'm wondering when (if) we'll ever get the whole story about her
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

If I were her there would be no story.

I'd refuse any and all interviews.
    I would specifically direct all who are involved directly to _not_ provide my name nor likeness.
    I'd most likely go to ground and 'disappear' for a week or two until the dust settles and try to get my own mind right.
    I would likely not speak of that day with anyone but my attorney (first person!), the cops with my attorney in tow, a future judge/jury, a therapist, and my dog.
    I'd even threaten to sue anyone who provided my name, likeness, or any other information such as home address, resume, background details, HS picture, and everything else the media likes to dig up on people.

I'd want to get back to my regular average invisible man life as quickly as possible, without everywhere I go in America Joe and Jane Blow asking me; "Hey. Aren't you the shooter?! The one that kill't that crazy kid!!1 <Requests autographs and 1hr. of time for an 'exclusive' life story detail...rinse & repeat at every third city block>

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Jang,
    I agree with your go to ground post 99%. I would skip the therapist thing to avoid the mental defective list.
    Dave

Dang...Good point. :|

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

From what I am seeing the news is already spinning it as she what a Volunteer Security Guard and not an legally armed citizen.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Spinning her as a former LEO will not go well since the department she was with in MN has reported to Fox News that she was fired for lying in an internal investigation.

Lying in an investigation would not disqualify her for CWP. Lying is not against the law. Lying under oath is. And lying in an LEO job will get you fired. Its a condition of employment. What she lied about would not have gotten her fired had she not lied about it. Unfortunately she may not have even really recalled cursing in the heat of the moment in that situation and been simply mistaken when she claimed she didn't. Sometimes things get fuzzy in the heat of a situation. However it appears a video proved she did curse and so it was concluded she had lied. Will get you fired every time in an LEO job. I can hardly think she would have been fired for cursing. Maybe reprimanded or something but not fired. Lying? Yea... every time.

We had a situation here recently similar to this. One of our officers said something unpleasant about another. She was asked if she had said it. It wasn't outrageous, just unkind. It would probably have gotten her nothing more than a verbal reprimand. However she at first denied saying it, Then eventually admitted it... and presto! Fired. For lying.

This does not diminish her heroic actions in the least. And people deserve to learn from their mistakes and move on. She has. And she has, in my eyes and in many others eyes I suspect, redeemed herself and deserves to be considered a hero for her actions. She was legally carrying as far as we know. She was could legally have obtained a CWP. Dismissal for lying about an incident would not preclude anyone from obtaining a CWP. It's not criminal action. She has paid her price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    Now...I've known tons of security guards, none of them are what I'd call "highly trained" So...I'm wondering when (if) we'll ever get the whole story about her
    Im that highly trained one.

[CCW, Defensive Handgun I + II, Defensive Rifle, Defensive Shotgun I + II, Unarmed Security, Armed Security Officer, Handgun Retention, CPR, AED, first aid]
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

Helmke has spoken publicly about this. Watch the video with him and GOA guy Larry Pratt. The anchor seems to be on our side.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Fox_de...arry_1211.html

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    O'Reilly had a Brady guy and a 2nd Ammendment guy on last night.

The Brady guy tried to spin the whole thing into a discussion about the evil assault rifles. Vry little,if anything, was mentioned about CCW.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Third power comments on his blog quoting their response

Selective Response from the Brady Bunch

Shootings in Colorado and Nebraska Reminds Us of the Cost of Assault Weapons in Civilian Hands

"We are saddened by the recent shootings that left four people murdered and four more wounded at a missionary training center and a church in Arvada and Colorado Springs, Colorado. This follows on the heels of the shooting in the Omaha, Nebraska mall where eight people were murdered and five wounded. Our sympathy and prayers go out to all of the family and friends who are grieving.

Having a military-style assault rifle with high-capacity ammunition clips, enabled two troubled young men to kill and injure innocent people quickly and efficiently. Allowing the easy acquisition and possession of military-style weapons like this is foolhardy and the results are tragic."

Of course they neglect to mention how one shooter was stopped while the other continued, the fact that the Omaha shooting involved a non-AWB covered firearm (not an "Assault Rifle"), nor that no concrete information has been released on the CO shooters weapons. Cho was not armed w/ an "Assault Weapon" and managed to kill many more people. Why? A "Gun Free Zone" and a slow response time by the authorities.

Disingenuous to the last.

permilink is http://daysofourtrailers.blogspot.co...ady-bunch.html

He says it better and more polite than i could so i just quoted him.

If you want to see the " raw " psh including the plea to sign an e-petition go to the homesite of http://www.bradycampaign.org/
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

If the Brady Bunch can spin it, they will.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

The Brady Bunch will distort the facts lie, and accuse. They used to tell their debate personnel that if the pro-gunner backed them into a corner to accuse the guy of being a racist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links