Oh no no no no no! an inane statement

This is a discussion on Oh no no no no no! an inane statement within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just picked this up Outrage Of The Week! An Inane Statement Friday, December 14, 2007 This week’s outrage comes courtesy of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” show ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no no no no no! an inane statement

Exclamation Oh no no no no no! an inane statement

Just picked this up

Outrage Of The Week! An Inane Statement

Friday, December 14, 2007

This week’s outrage comes courtesy of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” show co-host Mika Brzezinski, who apparently has a very hard time laying aside her anti-gun sentiments, even when confronted with the truth.

We all know that firearms are used as many as two and a half million times a year for self-defense. And, as we recently saw graphically demonstrated in the senseless shootings at the New Life Church in Colorado, a law-abiding, armed citizen can make a difference.

In the tragic New Life Church incident, Jeanne Assam, who, according to media reports, had a permit to carry a concealed firearm and was volunteering as a “security person” at her church, shot a heavily armed, homicidal madman as he began attacking innocent parishioners. New Life’s Senior Pastor Brady Boyd hailed Jeanne as “a real hero,” because the gunman she shot “had enough ammunition on him to cause a lot of damage.” There is no question that this brave citizen’s decisive action with her personal firearm saved many lives.

But, facts be damned. Brzezinski, who wasn’t in the church, but who appears daily as a co-host on the MSNBC morning program doesn’t agree.

When discussing the murderous rampage, Brzezinski responded to host Joe Scarborough’s assertion that “One person with a gun can make a big difference,” by blurting, “Oh gosh, no! No, no, no. No, no, no, no, no.” Scarborough then reiterated his assertion, “One person with a gun in the right place can make a big difference.” At this point, Brzezinski had clearly had enough of the truth and, putting an exclamation point on her unabashed anti-gun sentiments, said, “You know, that is the most inane statement I have ever heard.”

Ms. Brzezinski obviously can’t be bothered with undeniable evidence, nor restrained by a code of unbiased reporting. She can’t look at a crystal-clear example of evil being countered by an armed, law-abiding citizen and have the integrity and intellectual honesty to draw the correct conclusion. That’s outrageous.

To see a video clip of the exchange, please click here: Outrage

To respond to Ms. Brzezinski, please visit the MSNBC “Morning Joe” web page at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/, and send a message via the e-mail tool at the bottom of the page.[/QUOTE]
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

I just threw up a bit in my mouth. Can't bear to watch the clip. What a moron.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Assistant Administrator
    If that is what the clip shows - I ain't goin there - I value my health too much.

This tho is what we are up against so often .... and sad to say, even if this Brzezinski had been there under a hail of gunfire from the perp' - I guess the same would have been said. Yep - better to die than let a gun possibly save lives.

Just look thru those tunnel-vision glasses - works so much better huh
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

That woman makes me puke.

Really must wonder what test tube they grow these newspeople in.
    Ah...newspeople: so mentally deficient as to be incapable of ordinary reasoning

Instructions for those who refuse to comprehend what the encyclopedia defines as mentally deficient:

1. Bend over
    2. Grab ankles securely
    3. bend a little further
    4. Insert head into own .... oh yeah...wrong forum.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I made sure to send them a comment through their website. It is amazing that someone can be so detached from reality even with presented with cold hard facts. 1 person with 1 gun did make the difference in this situation but im sure Mike whatever her name is would have rather seen everyone in the church murdered because it would make better news.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

I've heard it said that MSNBC now only has enough viewers to fit on a bus. I can see why. Having reporters like her have made them irrelevant in the world of news.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

That is why I NEVER watch MSNBC, or CNN, or most of my local news.....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

thank god for cable tv so we can choose not to watch that #@$#.
    rarely do i watch the news, never really any good to hear about anymore
    anyway.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

JD
    Administrator

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    I've heard it said that MSNBC now only has enough viewers to fit on a bus...
    Obviously, their reporters all fit on the SHORT bus...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

The woman refuses to even remotely acknowledge his statement. Thank God Personal Defense TV is on!

Emailed my 2 cents to her. People like this drive me CRAZY!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Obviously, their reporters all fit on the SHORT bus...
    ...and they all wear helmets...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links