NRA Members

This is a discussion on NRA Members within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okay---I said I'd do the poll, and now I think I've found out how--thanks to the members here. I want to know how many of ...

View Poll Results: NRA Member?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a hardcore NRA member just because I got a sticker to put on my truck window

7 4.58%
  • NRA member wannabe, but spend my money better places

1 0.65%
  • Former NRA member, but let my membership lapse

12 7.84%
  • Becoming an NRA member would be a stigma to me and my family

0 0%
  • Becoming an NRA member would put me on a government 'watch-list'

0 0%
  • I'm an NRA member because of 'peer pressure'

2 1.31%
  • The NRA means to me everything American, and I'm one of those peoples

73 47.71%
  • I've never found the time or necessity to become an NRA member

1 0.65%
  • I'm not an NRA member, but really enjoy this forum

3 1.96%
  • I'm not an NRA member, but enjoy a CCW permit in my state

5 3.27%
  • I'd like to up my NRA membersip to lifetime if I could afford it

42 27.45%
  • I've been an NRA member since it's foundation

4 2.61%
  • Isn't the NRA a bunch of redneck crackpots?

0 0%
  • Why would becoming an NRA member benefit me?

2 1.31%
  • What is the NRA?

0 0%
  • Will it really make a difference in the laws of the land if I become an NRA member?

1 0.65%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NRA Members

NRA Members

Okay---I said I'd do the poll, and now I think I've found out how--thanks to the members here. I want to know how many of you are verifiable-registered-card carrying NRA members. Personally, I won't hold much against you if you're not a member, but I would question as to why if not. I by no means want to portray any discrimination. I just really need to know for matter of record, and a better knowledge for the folks I see on these forums every day, and to help me determine their sincerity. I've been a member of fifteen years or more, and got notices to re-up only twice.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    When May Comes I'm thinking of doing one of their pay plans to become a life member. Right now I'm yr to yr
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Life member.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Yearly member...but plan to upgrade when its in the budget.

Was a member but I got so much junk mail from them I did not think my membership was well spent.

Okay. I've got the poll up and running. To tell the truth, this last time, I had to re-up. I moved, but two year membership this go-round. I'm with you on the afford a lifetime membership. The poll, however one may take it, is no joke. Although some may want to choose more than one option, I think I have covered every angle.

Just joined 3 months ago, 5 year member. Wish i had enough to buy the lifetime membership.

Becoming a life member...monthly...almost there!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Junk mail Member....but I still send in the check every year..

I'm not renewing mine anymore. To me GOA and VCDL seem to be better.

VIP Member
    I'm a NRA Patron Member. My wife is a Life Member. We are both NRA instructors and I am an NRA Training Counselor.

If you want less mail call and ask to be put on the reduced or no mail list. It will take up to 3 months, but then it basically stops. I get almost nothing from the NRA other than our magazines and training related stuff.

The appeals don't cost much in regards to what they bring in. I asked a board member about the appeals and he said if they get 3-5% response the appeal covered its cost and started to bring in more than it cost. Average appeal response was closer to 10%, so they will keep doing them.

Your NRA dues support programs more than anything else. There are numerous programs that your dues support geared toward youth and women's shooting sports.

So when you look at the NRA, remember that as a member, you are funding some of the best programs going for the shooting sports. If you want to fund legislative agendas there are other groups that focus purely on lobbying that you can support (I support them as well). If you want to help train people and get youth and women involved in shooting, join the NRA.

The youth are our future, we need to invest as much in them as we do fighting current attacks on our freedoms. We can win today and lose tomorrow if we fail to get more youth involved in shooting sports.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I fall into "Former NRA member, but let my membership lapse " but I let my membership lapse due to my disagreements with the NRA, politically in how they lobby and what they lobby for now and now that they are sitting back while another Assualt weapon ban is being debated.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

I'm a member because it's a cheap way to support pro-2A lobbyists, but you'd only see any NRA logo when I'm at the range. If you're not a member at our club, you wouldn't know ... except ... my mail carrier knows ... is constantly reminded ...

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    Yearly member...but plan to upgrade when its in the budget.
    Me too.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Been an NRA member for over 50 years. Yes, there is an NRA sticker on my truck window and on the window of my wife's Jeep as well. We are proud to tout our membership in a stand up pro-gun organization. My wife and i both packed legally before the OK concealed carry law was passed.

If it were not for the NRA you would not be able to legally own any kind of gun in this country. The Brady Bunch and their lackeys just love it when gun owners slam the NRA on so called "pro-gun" websites. After all, it is all about divide and conquer. Brady has always tried to separate "hunters" from those who own guns for self defense and recreation.

When was the last time that you ever heard a dedicated anti-gunner propose additional prison time for a scumbag who uses a gun to commit a crime? They are opposed to any harsh punishment for criminals who use guns.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links