Defensive Carry banner

How come we don't have a NATIONAL CCW PERMIT???

3K views 48 replies 42 participants last post by  jem102 
#1 ·
Obviously our nation is in need of allowing HONEST and trained people to be allowed to carry concealed firearms EVERYWHERE in the USA to include airport terminals, on airplanes and so on. To be allowed to do this we would need a NATIONAL PERMIT for CCW. So how come none of our congressmen or senators haven't thought of making this legal on a national level? Out of 50 states 48 of them have SOME sort of legal CCW. Why not make it legal all over our nation? :rant:

Reactions: crossfireltd
#37 ·
Actually Jang, There is/was no Federal law requireing a person to have a pilots liscense at all in order to fly an airplane. At least there wasnt in 1978 when I got my ticket to fly.

In order to fly without a liscense you must own your own plane and fly it without insurance. No insurance company would cover you, or the plane unless you had a ticket, nor could you rent or lease an aircraft without one.

I havent flown in quite a few years and am not up to date on the regulations and they could have changed, but I havent heard anything about them now REQUIRING a liscense now.

#39 ·
The National Right-to-carry law needs your support.
Right your congressperson and senator asking the congress person to support HR 822 and the senator to support it when it reaches the senate.

Check out the NRA info on this and pay special attention to the myth/fact section

NRA-ILA :: National Right-to-Carry Bill Under Attack

#43 ·
We have the Second Amendment, this should be enough. We have let our elected officials at the State level over ride it. Our big mistake is always too many laws.

#44 ·
Exactly. Also remember that anything government can grant, so also, can government take away. The Bill of Rights grants NO rights. It tells the government what it cannot do to the citizenry! According to the Founding Fathers, all men have those rights. They are granted by God and only God can take them away.

#45 ·
I wish this National Carry Concept would just go away....Hey, I've got an idea.....lets just focus on our own state regulations and support and elect people willing to expand or relax state gun laws. I believe in starting with local and state changes first.

#47 ·
We did have a constitutional right to carry, with a few exceptions in parts of the country. Prior to GCA-68 people in many states concealed carry or open carried a hand gun without a permit from local/state government.

Then the feds got involved.................... in 1968 and again in 1993. Anyone here willing to see the feds get another turn at bat over our second amendment rights??

#48 ·
I dont think I want to take that gamble. If you look at, I believe we focus way too much on what the federal government is and is not doing when we could get alot more done by pressuring our local and state legislatures. The power was given to the states to begin with and they are alot more accessible
to the voters. The fed has gained so much power because we have played into their game for so long....maybe too long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.