How come we don't have a NATIONAL CCW PERMIT???

This is a discussion on How come we don't have a NATIONAL CCW PERMIT??? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac Hey, I've got a wild idea. How about this for a national CCW permit: "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: How come we don't have a NATIONAL CCW PERMIT???

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    Hey, I've got a wild idea.

How about this for a national CCW permit:

"A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."?
    Hmmm, that has a nice ring to it!

2. Remove Ads

"A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."?
    Now thats the one!
    Think twice
    Buy once!

A national reciprocity bill was introduced in U.S. Congress this year by Rep.Cliff Stearns of FL. He has introduced it every year since 1995. The House version HB861 had 80 cosponsors but never made it out of the Dem controlled committee.

The bill would allow any person with a valid concealed firearm carrying permit or license, issued by a state, to carry a concealed firearm in any state, as follows: In states that issue concealed firearm permits, a state’s laws governing where concealed firearms may be carried would apply within its borders. In states that do not issue carry permits, a federal "bright-line" standard would permit carrying in places other than police stations; courthouses; public polling places; meetings of state, county, or municipal governing bodies; schools; passenger areas of airports; and certain other locations.

No chance with the current Congress.

I didn't read the entire thread so forgive me if someone has said this already but the one thing to keep in mind, and I say this every time someone brings the "National CCW permit" topic up, What the Federal Government issues, the Federal Government can revoke...for any or no reason.

If the Fed grants you a permit for you to EXERCISE A RIGHT that opens all kinds of doors we do not want opened. And, what they give, they WILL take away.

A much better solution is for there to be a law that forces all states to honor all other states permits just as drivers licenses from any state is honored by all other states.

I do not want the Federal Government controlling anything that is a right of mine.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

National CP

"I do not want the Federal Government controlling anything that is a right of mine." Amen to that.

Has anybody received a straight answer when calling the IRS or SS office!! Wait for national Hillary healthcare.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Administrator
    Be careful what you wish for. I dont want a national carry permit at all. The only thing the feds should do is override the states so decent people dont have to get a permit.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Actually Jang, There is/was no Federal law requireing a person to have a pilots liscense at all in order to fly an airplane. At least there wasnt in 1978 when I got my ticket to fly.

In order to fly without a liscense you must own your own plane and fly it without insurance. No insurance company would cover you, or the plane unless you had a ticket, nor could you rent or lease an aircraft without one.

I havent flown in quite a few years and am not up to date on the regulations and they could have changed, but I havent heard anything about them now REQUIRING a liscense now.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    Or even a better idea would be for states to be required to accept each others CCL just like they do drivers licenses.

I’m just not one to want “big brother” more involved than he already is.
    Agree with this.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

The National Right-to-carry law needs your support.
    Right your congressperson and senator asking the congress person to support HR 822 and the senator to support it when it reaches the senate.

Check out the NRA info on this and pay special attention to the myth/fact section

NRA-ILA :: National Right-to-Carry Bill Under Attack

VIP Member

Exactly. We already have all the permission we need. We, the people of this country, have allowed our elected representatives to become our rulers who force their own power-hungry agenda on the people they are supposed to serve. It is time to take the power back - vote for representatives who will serve your interests, not just their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis27 View Post
    I would gladly support one, but I see one critical problem with it... What about the states like Ohio and areas like Chicago that think that guns walk around and shoot people on their own? These areas (plus areas like Washington D.C.) are the ones that would truely hang up the entire system.
    Just curious what it is about Ohio's laws that you find objectionable. We have open carry, TX does not. We have concealed carry in most places and the list of verboten places shrinks next Friday as carry in facilities that serve alcohol for on-site consumption will no longer be off limits. TX has a much better signage law than Ohio and I would like to see that changed.

I am not busting your chops, simply interested in what you see as deficient in our law so we can consider making it better.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Because we dont want that crappy bill of tyranny.

States need to regulate their darn selves and the federal government needs to defend the borders and nothing else.
    SIGguy229 and PPKman like this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The argument to that, Airborne Sniper, is that you are free to leave IL any time you like...And I don't say that to be snide, it's just a fact. If we put some kind of federal system in place, there will be no escape from it if it stinks on ice...
    Agreed. I think it's up to the good citizens of Illinois to change their system to fall in line with the rest of the nation. Notice that even Wisconsin recently passed a ccw bill leaving Illinois all alone. Illinois gun owners remind me of folks in other countries living under tyranny who remain quiet and hope for rescue from the world's police (that'd be the USA, folks) to ride to their rescue and spill our blood for their freedom. I think there is a viable option for firearm and ammo manufacturers to not sell their goods inside that states borders (including to police agencies) until their reign of oppression ceases. Commerce and economics are always useful tools in the cause of freedom.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Sniper View Post
    Obviously our nation is in need of allowing HONEST and trained people to be allowed to carry concealed firearms EVERYWHERE in the USA to include airport terminals, on airplanes and so on. To be allowed to do this we would need a NATIONAL PERMIT for CCW. So how come none of our congressmen or senators haven't thought of making this legal on a national level? Out of 50 states 48 of them have SOME sort of legal CCW. Why not make it legal all over our nation?
    We have the Second Amendment, this should be enough. We have let our elected officials at the State level over ride it. Our big mistake is always too many laws.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    We have the Second Amendment, this should be enough. We have let our elected officials at the State level over ride it. Our big mistake is always too many laws.
    Exactly. Also remember that anything government can grant, so also, can government take away. The Bill of Rights grants NO rights. It tells the government what it cannot do to the citizenry! According to the Founding Fathers, all men have those rights. They are granted by God and only God can take them away.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I wish this National Carry Concept would just go away....Hey, I've got an idea.....lets just focus on our own state regulations and support and elect people willing to expand or relax state gun laws. I believe in starting with local and state changes first.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links