Miami: PD Spokesman either lying or an idiot.

This is a discussion on Miami: PD Spokesman either lying or an idiot. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is extracted from an article published in the Miami Herald this morning by an AP reporter touting the lowering of murders across the NY ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami: PD Spokesman either lying or an idiot.

VIP Member

This is extracted from an article published in the Miami Herald this morning by an AP reporter touting the lowering of murders across the NY and Chicago. Of course Miami had to appear as a wild city even though the crime rate is lower.
    In Miami, authorities say the proliferation of assault weapons led to an increase in killings, from 56 in 2005 to 79 in 2006 and 86 so far in 2007.

"You just pull a trigger and 20 or 30 rounds come in a second and in those 20 rounds you're sure to hit your intended target and some innocent bystanders, totally unlike a firearm that is just one bullet every time you pull the trigger," Miami Police spokesman Willie Moreno said.
    Now, I am a news follower and I cannot recall one single solitary incident in the tri-county area where anybody was murdered by a fully automatic weapon.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Hey, facts are boring. Obviously, this spokesman was from the "Bad Boys" alternate-reality MDPD...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I'll go out on a limb and say that you will see an assault weapons ban...the noners are a very large voting block and it boils down to perceptions, politics and money. The PDs are even against them...

Rick

VIP Member
    It happens.........on CSI, Law & Order, 24 & even Magnum PI....so it must happen in real life as well......

I haven't heard of ANY recently. The last one that comes to mind was those two miscreants in LA who robbed a Bank of America....they were wearing body armor & had converted AKs. The North Hollywood shootout. It occurred nearly ELEVEN years ago.

Have there been any others?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    At the stupid people petting zoo,
    You can go inside and walk around,
    And sometimes, stupid people will walk up to you.
    And you can pet them on their stupid heads.
    At the stupid people petting zoo, that is.

This guy has lived in that zoo since birth.
    He is stupid, like all the others that talk just so they can feel their heads vibrate. Makes them feel good.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

In a place you've only dreamed of where your soul is always free...
    Don't try to confuse me with facts! Facts can be used to prove anything that's even remotely true! - Homer.
    Law without force is impotent.
    Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Now, I am a news follower and I cannot recall one single solitary incident in the tri-county area where anybody was murdered by a fully automatic weapon.
    Police PR people and reports are cut from the same cloth. They never let fact get in the way or a good story or spin of a story.

I would say that he is a lying idiot.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I'd say idiot, he could be lying but to stretch the truth that far is a bit over board!!! Even most idiots would realize this is fiction!!!
    I hope?
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

This is extracted from an article published in the Miami Herald this morning by an AP reporter touting the lowering of murders across the NY and Chicago. Of course Miami had to appear as a wild city even though the crime rate is lower.

Miggy,
    You're in Miami. Why not call the paper or the reporter on it and educate them?
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

PD spokesman either a liar or an idiot.
    But, you repeat yourself.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

If the assault rifles are so evil...WTH are they doing in the patrol cars.
    Stupid people are dangerous when they have a public audience that doesn't know any better.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    Miggy,
    You're in Miami. Why not call the paper or the reporter on it and educate them?
    They do not publish my letters anymore. I got a letter published and they "edited" it making it sound like I was supporting some gun control measure. I emailed them back announcing my displeasure and I got a call where I was told they edited the letter and it was their opinion they were following the idea intended in the letter. After that, zilch! Miggy does not get any more letters published by the editor.

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    But, you repeat yourself.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    I haven't heard of ANY recently. The last one that comes to mind was those two miscreants in LA who robbed a Bank of America....they were wearing body armor & had converted AKs. The North Hollywood shootout. It occurred nearly ELEVEN years ago.

Have there been any others?
    Oh, I'm sure there are, but they usually involve gang-bangers in big cities using full-autos they stole from cops. It wouldn't do for people to know that some cops had a hard time keeping track of their gear.

I know down here there's been a bunch of police cars broken into specifically for equipment (vests, radios, weapons, etc.), and a lot of PDs have policies to keep your crap either on you, in the station, or in your home to keep it out of easy reach for passing criminals.

-B

the media is famous for stretching facts for those of us who have dealt with them. I did last summer during the fires in so-cal and boy did they move the lines.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    "You just pull a trigger and 20 or 30 rounds come in a second..."
    Hmm... 30 rounds in a second times 60 seconds in a minute is 1800 rounds per minute. What are people packing nowadays? MG42s?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links