Presidential Candidates

Presidential Candidates

This is a discussion on Presidential Candidates within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Of all the canditates running for president.....who do we NOT want to get into office, and who would be our first choice?...

Presidential Candidates

Of all the canditates running for president.....who do we NOT want to get into office, and who would be our first choice?
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Not: All of the remaining potentials.
    First choice: Jesus H. Christ

- Janq

P.S. - If Jesus did come back and ran for office he'd be branded a 'liberal' even as he was a centrist and would be forced to run as an independent and thus would get little to no media exposure nor campaign finance. He would be eliminated early or simply run out of money.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Sad that this is all about money isn't it?
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Of the Democrats its probably Obama. Believe it or not I think Hillary is such a political animal that she will do whatever it takes to get the votes for the things she wants and give up some things. And I am betting that gun control is on here "give away" list. I don't think Obama will have enough political savy to not be lead into taking on something like this. Hillary still remembers her defeat on socialized medicine under Bill. She will chose that again and compromise to get votes. Either way, I doubt any of them will be real keen on taking it on first. There is no good choice here. I hate you for making me think about it!

We should concentrate on what happens in Congress. Electing members there that share our views does more, overall, good than who we get in the White house. However we can expect end around by Presidential orders from either of them. Such as ordering BATF to reinterpret and orders of destruction of surplus. With either of them.

Of the Republicans its Guilliani first and Romney next. We know Rudy will turn colors. We think Romney can. He has before.

My first choice would be Thompson first or Ron Paul but thats becoming less likely. McCain is possibly looking better but I hate even thinking about that. He will be better than Guilliani but just barely. I think we may all be forced to get behind McCain here.

Ok, I am going to go a little off topic in this post, so be forewarned.

But before I do that, I'd have to agree with cphilip on his analysis of Obama and Hillary.

I'm surprised that Huckabee isn't mentioned much in relation to gun rights. Is there something that he's done or said that I don't know about that has turned us against him? From what I've seen he's our best electable bet. He likes making it known that he was the first governor with a CCW and he gets mad when 'pro2A politicians' only refer to hunters rights.

K, we can get back on topic now.

As far as the republican candidates go, I really don't want to see Guliani in office, and Romney isn't far behind.

JD
    Administrator
    Forum Rules #7

#7 We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we do not focus on these subjects in our discussions. We encourage you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

Links