Miami: The Home of the $100 AK (hit the poll!)

This is a discussion on Miami: The Home of the $100 AK (hit the poll!) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; According to Miami Dade Police Chief Timoney, you can buy an AK in Miami for $100. Please hit the poll! Assault weapons multiply, take deadly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami: The Home of the $100 AK (hit the poll!)

VIP Member

Miami: The Home of the $100 AK (hit the poll!)

According to Miami Dade Police Chief Timoney, you can buy an AK in Miami for $100.

Please hit the poll!

Assault weapons multiply, take deadly toll - 01/14/2008 - MiamiHerald.com
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Wait, wait, wait. If these guys are selling them on the street for double their value, then that means they originally paid $50 for them at the gun shop! South Florida, here I come! I can buy an arsenal on a weeks pay!

Either that, or the article is full of
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Hmmm. Spend $1000 and get 20 AKs. I'll take it!

Of course I'll be walking around the gun shows for a while making a profit myself. Or, I suppose, I could just sell them to the local shop and still make profit on them.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    Hmmm. Spend $1000 and get 20 AKs. I'll take it!

Of course I'll be walking around the gun shows for a while making a profit myself. Or, I suppose, I could just sell them to the local shop and still make profit on them.
    At that price the sheriff should be a little more responsible with the taxpayer's money.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

After my vote the poll was dead even:
    49%-yes
    49%-no
    2%-undecided
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Sweet!!! My mother and sister are going to Florida this week. I'll give them money and have them pick me up a couple.

VIP Member
    I am loving the comments' section:
    Welcome to the Terrordome.....................
    Miami is an entry point for illegal drug activity. D-boys who make big money buy expensiv weapons to get rid of their enemies and take over territories. Assault rifles are the guns of choice. Would oyu prefer a Glock with 16 in the clip or a Mac with 150 in the clip. If you're running from this weapon it would be hard not to miss you. It is what it is criminals are getting smarter and you need a weapon that could get you out of jam. The black market is here to stay and both government and law enforcement must step up their game. AKs are part of the killing game.
    Ice Daddy on the mic

Florida has turned in a drive by shooting range. It's not only criminals or assault weapons that affect us, it is also all the guns owned by any gun nut in Florida. They can be a drunk, have a ninth grade education, and own a gun. The rest of us are at their mercy. Take the guns away. The only people who support guns are the fools that have them, and pridefully boast how they have them as part of their 2nd amendment rights. They have them because they are paranoid that the end of the world is coming, or that someone is going to break in their house in the middle of the night. What you spend on an assault weapon you can spend on a security system & a trained dog. In fact the dog would probably have more self control than these wacko gun owners. Homicides are increasing and its because guns do kill.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    AM I to late for this deal I'll take 7 please!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

34% yes 64% no 1% undecided
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Do you think AK-47s and other assault weapons should have a multiple-sale reporting requirement as handguns do?

Yes, this may reduce violence 144 30%
    No, this interferes with right to bear arms 338 69%
    Undecided 5 1%
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Take time to read the comments, they are getting hammered by everyone, Police included for this story. BTY I posted "Where can I go to get mine, they sell for 4 times that in a gun store N I could get rich selling them back to the gun stores"
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

27% yes
    72%no
    1% undecided

its sad how many people in this country are so poorly educated. and easily swayed with buzzwords and catchy phrases. heres an applicable catchy phrase for some of those posters. dummy mode(where ones brain becomes overloaded with buzzwords to the point it shuts down)
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

BAC
    "Do you think AK-47s and other assault weapons should have a multiple-sale reporting requirement as handguns do?"

I'm not sure I understand how this is restrictive of ownership or infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms. Would someone mind explaining that to me?

(By the way, last I was down there even at gun shows the AK-copies sold for $350 or more. I was saddened. )

-B

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Take time to read the comments, they are getting hammered by everyone, Police included for this story. BTY I posted "Where can I go to get mine, they sell for 4 times that in a gun store N I could get rich selling them back to the gun stores"
    The sad part? The Herald will not correct or follow up on the mistakes made in the article. The Nuevo Herald (Miami Herald's spanish version) also printed the article but they translated assault weapons as Automatic Weapons. I wrote to the editor and let's see if they publish it.
    Randy Cain.

VIP Member
    Voted. Current results:

WEB VOTE
    Do you think AK-47s and other assault weapons should have a multiple-sale reporting requirement as handguns do?

Yes, this may reduce violence 182 21%
    No, this interferes with right to bear arms 683 78%
    Undecided 7 1%
    Total Votes: 872

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links