Guns Are Causing Crime In San Francisco???

This is a discussion on Guns Are Causing Crime In San Francisco??? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Oh no!! You mean to tell me the guns in San Fransisco have a mind of their own? They are actually going out and killing ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns Are Causing Crime In San Francisco???

Oh no!! You mean to tell me the guns in San Fransisco have a mind of their own? They are actually going out and killing people without the owners knowledge? Gonna have to double lock mine up then in case that spreads here as well. Last I heard people kill people. Must be those micro-processors or something going bonkers
    Think twice
    Buy once!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Oh no!! You mean to tell me the guns in San Fransisco have a mind of their own? They are actually going out and killing people without the owners knowledge? Gonna have to double lock mine up then in case that spreads here as well. Last I heard people kill people. Must be those micro-processors or something going bonkers
    Actually, the guns are apparently smarter than the majority of the people-and ALL of the politicians there.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

stupidity causes the crimes not the guns!

Quote Originally Posted by mslaughtertx View Post
    stupidity causes the crimes not the guns!
    You and everyone else here agrees with this fact... But, tragically, too many blindly defiant knuckleheads who actually have the power to legislate our rights away refuse to agree with it because logic clashes with their short-sighted, PC agenda.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Is everyone in SF smoking crack, or just those in government and the media?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    But, tragically, too many blindly defiant knuckleheads who actually have the power to legislate our rights away refuse to agree with it because logic clashes with their short-sighted, PC agenda.
    This is because they are being voted into office by le whose votes are outnumbering those voting with logic and reason.

I believe there's a lot to be said about not ever voting for a politician that is anti-gun rights.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

GPS
    Having 98 homicides a year would be a great reduction for the New Orleans area. I think we were over 200 for 2007.
    Cordially,
    GPS

Visit U.S. Concealed Carry - The Ultimate Resource for the Armed Citizen http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/inde...ffID=GStrecker

Ah, my neighbor to the west two hours! San Francisco, a psych facility posing as a city/county! A major embarrassment for California, but it keeps it out of other states. And those guns that run around killing people there are bad. They should have many more; end of problem.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Maybe they can make SF the capital of AZTLAN.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

VIP Member
    my take on all this....

"San Francisco police officials testifying Monday before the Board of Supervisors' Public Safety Committee hearing in City Hall said guns were the cause of nearly 75 percent of all the city's slayings last year."
    dangit...I hate it when firearms get ticked off and think they can do whatever they want, I don't know about everyone else, but I have to keep my firearms locked up during the day or they try to go on a rampage down the street

"If you took the guns out of the picture ... we have relatively very little other violence," said Lt. John Murphy, who heads the Police Department's homicide detail. "It's just spontaneous violence, and everybody's carrying a gun."
    yeah, take the guns out of the picture...then see how many more stabbings, beatings with baseball bats/blunt object, etc increase...common denominator=scumbags, not the tool they use

"We said to the community, 'We are establishing a presence here.' And it was welcomed. ... They felt a sense of relief," said Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi, who represents the Western Addition on the Board of Supervisors and chairs the Public Safety Committee. "I'm wondering if this can be replicated in other pockets (of the city)."
    An increase in foot patrols "elevated the self-esteem back up of the community," Mirkarimi said.

nahhhh, screw the foot patrols...give me an AR-10, that'll elevate my self-esteem

"The drug violence is way up," Murphy said. "People are coming from other areas to sell drugs."
    NO!, you mean criminals are everywhere?

"Even one homicide is unacceptable," Ballard said. "We're not satisfied with what we have done to confront the plague of homicides on our streets. ... We're not doing enough. We need to do more."
    yeah, like allow your citizens to protect themselves against the scumbags....with their own LEGAL weapons

The number of homicides involving sharp instruments, such as a knife, doubled in 2007 from 8 to 16.
    so to follow their logic....they need to outlaw all knives, screwdrivers, boxcutters, scissors, pens, pencils, letter openers, rebar, .......
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

This sure makes one wonder if anyone in the Leftcoast Communist City of SF has any brains at all??????

Sure, them folks in SanFran got lots of smarts. Just ask 'em , they'll tell ya!
    Shoot, they know better than the rest of us.......they told me so.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by Larryes View Post
    This sure makes one wonder if anyone in the Leftcoast Communist City of SF has any brains at all??????
    You are still wondering???

I quit wondering and settled my internal debate years ago. The answer is obvious to me.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    If you take guns out of the equation bad people will be attacking and/or murdering people with knives and bats and hammers (!) and nail guns (!) and swords (!), and axes (!) and bare hands and shod feet.
    Crime will remain the same if not be worst.

Guns and tools don't kill people.
    People with intent to kill people, kill people.

Australia, England, Ireland, and France banned firearms and as a result they all have long had higher criminal victimization rates per capita than the US.

- Uncommon Sense
    +1 +2 +100

I agree 100%

In response to a question about gun control from Edith:

"So you'd rather people'd get pushed out of windows?"
    Archie Bunker

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Is everyone in SF smoking crack, or just those in government and the media?

Mainly the government and media, but some of the general population does as well.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links