Should private gun sales be subject to background checks? [POLL] - Page 6

Should private gun sales be subject to background checks? [POLL]

This is a discussion on Should private gun sales be subject to background checks? [POLL] within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yes 475 33% No 914 64% Undecided 30 02% As of 01/25/08 @ 12:35pm CST....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Should private gun sales be subject to background checks? [POLL]

Yes 475 33%
    No 914 64%
    Undecided 30 02%
    As of 01/25/08 @ 12:35pm CST.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

What!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    You’re correct, in that the USA is the best country in the world. Hands down winner by a long shot, and I pray that in my lifetime our rights will never be assaulted.

If the 2nd should ever fall, it will be a process that will take place over time. They will use statements like Germany did “it’s for your protection”, when they start a required firearm registration. Would I move then… NO, but if they should ever start a mandatory surrender of all firearms you’ll find me with passport in hand headed someplace else.

You forgot.That already happened. That was call Hurricane Katrina. Door to door seizure of weapons. People being jailed for refusing. The NRA had to take the mayor and the police chief to court twice to get them to stop. They had trailers full of confiscated guns and poor recording keeping to assure there return after they got their tails handed to them in court. Why do you think all the new laws are appearing on the books that are suppose to prevent confiscation during a natural disaster. You may think your safe now and you'll move after it happens. Where will you go, Australia, England, Canada ? If the USA cant pull off freedom, no on can. We are one presidential election from turning back the hands of time. Hopefully the Supremes will pull through. We have had a good run for gun rights over the last 8 years. All the background checks and registration will never apply to crack heads and criminals because they don't follow the rules. They know that. You fail to realize, it is about checks and balances of the armed masses. Control the stronger so the powers that be can rule and walk among the masses with impunity. Were not a complete Democracy, not be fooled. OK I got off my soap box now.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Voted!

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    ... I pray that in my lifetime our rights will never be assaulted.

If the 2nd should ever fall, it will be a process that will take place over time.

To a degree, much of the Bill Of Rights has been in regular and effective use as toilet paper, for quite some time now. It has been a long process, yes. Examples of abuses are everywhere, and the legacy of allowances show up in every congressional and judicial calendar at the state and federal level.

At this point, I'll grant that much is still good. But much has been rank, abused and sidestepped, ostensibly legally, for decades in some cases. Take your pick of the first 10A's and mull it over. By the end of your breakfast, you'll be able to think of a couple/three examples of how each has been cored.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links