It's all Pennsylvania's Fault

This is a discussion on It's all Pennsylvania's Fault within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First it was Bloomberg illegally sending people to "sting" PA gun shops, now it looks as if New Jersey is trying to blame Pennsylvania for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Thumbs down It's all Pennsylvania's Fault

First it was Bloomberg illegally sending people to "sting" PA gun shops, now it looks as if New Jersey is trying to blame Pennsylvania for its high crime rate because of our laxed gun laws

It's a little old, but I just found it. Whats next? Maryland saying their high crime rates are because of PA gun owners? It really sucks being surrounded by anti-gun states

Gun Guys » Keeping Pennsylvania Guns Out of Criminals’ Hands in Camden

The part that tickles me the most is this:

Corzine should consider how the state of New Jersey can hold Pennsylvania and its lawmakers accountable for continually ignoring calls -- even from its own big-city officials -- to tighten the sale of guns. Pennsylvania's gun laws are so loose, illegal dealers (Also know as criminals) have an easy time acquiring weapons. Those guns are flooding into Camden and ending up in the hands of people who cannot legally purchase them.
    Does he not hear what he just said?

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    First it was Bloomberg illegally sending people to "sting" PA gun shops, now it looks as if New Jersey is trying to blame Pennsylvania for its high crime rate because of our laxed gun laws

It's a little old, but I just found it. Whats next? Maryland saying their high crime rates are because of PA gun owners? It really sucks being surrounded by anti-gun states

Gun Guys » Keeping Pennsylvania Guns Out of Criminals’ Hands in Camden

The part that tickles me the most is this:

Does he not hear what he just said?
    YES, it is PA's fault. And Right now New Jersey is specifically targeting you PRO because your a Pats fan.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Since Bloomberg has been barred from VA, he has to find another state to bother. Sounds like some of his friends in the other states are doing a copy cat thing. You would think that they would try something original, or at least something that has not been a complete failure in the recent past. PA Gun Owners Unite!
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Assistant Administrator
    Can't say I have found PA gun purchases unduly ''lax'' --- I am sure a look further afield could find other supposed ''examples''.

There is also that feeling of ''keep your nose out of other's affairs''
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Same load of bull, different day.

Citzen510,
    PA gun owners are very united. Fast Eddy (Rendell) is no friend of freedom, and we've managed to deny him his "common sense" regulations. Just this past week he was tooling around with none other than Mr. Bloomberg himself. Throw in the govinator and the 3 had a good ol' fashioned "bi-partisan" meeting.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    well, at least the criminal can't use hollow points in those illegally purchased weapons (sarcasm)

I'm sure NJ residents would like to prevent scumbags from getting weapons....along with drugs, good guy's posessions from homes, cars, etc, and have the ability to protect themselves when an attack happens and not wait for LEO to arrive, etc

but hey, what do I know
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    YES, it is PA's fault. And Right now New Jersey is specifically targeting you PRO because your a Pats fan.
    I get all kinds of heck for being a Pats fan. Most every team hates me and being here in the middle of PA I get a nice mix of the Steelers and Eagles

Corzine would do better to worry about speed limits and wearing his seat belt than his surrounding states' guns...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Screw bloomberg, screw rendell, screw corzine and screw all their lackeys. PA is surrounded and infiltrated by unconstitutional enemies of the constitution and our way of life.

I went and did business with one of the PA gunshops that was screwed by bloomberg (gunshop in my hometown).

I also make my voice heard to any politician that I can vote for or against. I also try to convert all the sheep coming into PA from across the Delaware river from NJ.

It is like we (PA) are paratroopers and are surrounded by the enemy.

As both a resident of NJ and a LEO in NJ, I think alot of the problem is simply finding someone to blame. Most people do not seem to be able to handle the fact that there are BG's around who do not care about other people in the least. Of course, this is only MHO.

Must be those darn Amish!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Must be those darn Amish!

I wonder if the Amish community is suppling arms to NJ thugs? I guess we better send in the ATF...

Now, how many assault weapons can each horse pull?

seriously, I thought States weren't allowed to interfere with other states commerce and stuff. Being prosecuted for laws while you are not in their jurisdiction seems pretty dubious to me.

"a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post

seriously, I thought States weren't allowed to interfere with other states commerce and stuff. Being prosecuted for laws while you are not in their jurisdiction seems pretty dubious to me.
    Interstate Commerce Clause of the Constitution. One area of authority the federal government has explicit right to control. I personally believe "microstamping" and other restrictive gun regulations could be challenged under this clause, but its yet to happen.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    Maybe they should just GIVE guns to all the gangbangers. Then, when they have killed each other off to an acceptable level arrest the ones that are left.

Just kidding, but the idea might have some merit.

Crime rates have risen in Pa. (east , and pocono area ) from migrating New jersey and New York residents , looking for greener pastures.
    Most of the people are wonderful but a few wanted to bring the big city problems with them . It all seems to even out ,our guns their thugs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links