Good descision by Va Legislature!...........

This is a discussion on Good descision by Va Legislature!........... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For those who have been following..... Virginia's legislators are in session. One of the the bills that both the House & Senate have been addressing ...

Thread: Good descision by Va Legislature!...........

VIP Member

Good descision by Va Legislature!...........

For those who have been following.....

Virginia's legislators are in session. One of the the bills that both the House & Senate have been addressing is the so called 'Gun-show loophole'. (I also hate that term, but that seems to be fruitless to try to change.)

The House had already voted to squash the bill in committee. Well, today the Senate did the same. YAH!!!!!!! GOOD DECISION!

Now for those who haven't been watching this....The issue has been heavily lobbied by the anti-gunner's. They have been using a totally UNRELATED incident to push it. Remember the Va Tech killings from last year? The killer DIDN'T buy his weapons at a gun show...HE BOUGHT THEM FROM A LICENSED DEALER! However the anti's & the media have been linking these two separate issues to push more anti-gun legislation.

Here is a link to the story:
    FOXNews.com - Gun Control Measure Wanted by Virginia Tech Victims' Families Dies in Virginia Legislature - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

A state Senate committee killed legislation backed by families of the Virginia Tech shooting victims to close a loophole that allows criminals and the mentally ill to buy firearms at gun shows without a background check.

The Courts of Justice Committee voted 9-6 Wednesday to reject the bill before sending it to the Virginia State Crime Commission for study. A House of Delegates committee last week rejected similar legislation, so the issue appears to be dead for this General Assembly session.

The bill would have required private sellers to run criminal background checks on buyers at gun shows. Federally licensed dealers already are required to conduct such checks.

The gunman who killed 32 people at Virginia Tech before killing himself in April did not buy his firearms at a gun show, but families of the victims supported the bill as one way to prevent a similar tragedy.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

The gunman who killed 32 people at Virginia Tech before killing himself in April did not buy his firearms at a gun show, but families of the victims supported the bill as one way to prevent a similar tragedy.
    Well at least they printed that, I bet you won't hear it anywhere else!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

IIRC, I saw an article about the upcoming vote in my local paper yesterday(Star-Ledger). One thing that stuck out to me was a quote from one of the survivors(who was shot 4 times according to the article) of VA. tech, who said (IIRC) that he feels sorry for people who feel the need to protect themselves all the time. The article was about this vote. It struck me as a concrete example of a .

VIP Member
    Yes we did dodge the bullet again. The thing that gets me is that they have these "great" idea's. Yet no way to implement them. The average guy on the street can't call in for a background check, unless something has changed recently. You must have a FFL to access the NIC system.

Links