Speechless

This is a discussion on Speechless within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So every now and then I go over to the other side to see what emotional arguments they are going to use on us next. ...

Thread: Speechless

Speechless

So every now and then I go over to the other side to see what emotional arguments they are going to use on us next. On the front page of the Brady group in reference to the District of Columbia v. Heller case in which they hope that the courts will have more power than elected officials. They have an animation of a judge holding up the 2nd amendment frowning at it, then crossing it out line by line with a red pen and smiling.

I was left speechless. It's mind numbing to think that people could see that and not fear for the future of the country. I'm still speechless and infuriated at this.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well, at least they're being honest. Better than that garbage about "reasonable restrictions" when we know that they want to do exactly what that animation depicts - get rid of the 2nd Amendment, and all privately owned firearms.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I think what there trying to say is that the "Gun Lobby" is trying to cross out the first sentence about a Well Regulated Militia. That sentence in actuallity is just trying to restate that a Militia is necessary. Militia being made up of able bodied Males. However, the whole point of the 2A really is about the individual right to keep and BEAR arms. Not to KEEP a militia only to then Bear arms.

What there TRYING to say is that the 2A is souly for a Well regulated Militia being necessary for the security of the free state. The problem with their little cartoon is what they fail to realize is that the 2A falls into the "BILL OF RIGHTS" not the BILL OF Militia's/Governments etc.......

Straight from the LIERS I mean Brady bunch.

The Truth About the Second Amendment

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Second Amendment is perhaps the most misunderstood of all provisions of the U.S. Constitution. Criminal defendants and the gun lobby have repeatedly claimed that reasonable gun laws must be struck down as a violation of Second Amendment rights. Yet the U.S. Supreme Court and an overwhelming majority of federal appellate courts have held that the Second Amendment protects only a right to keep and bear arms in furtherance of a well-regulated militia.

Since our country was founded, there have been laws regulating the purchase, possession, and carrying of firearms. In the two hundred years that followed ratification of the Second Amendment, no gun law had ever been struck down based on the Second Amendment. In colonial times, for example, some states restricted gun ownership to those swearing an oath of allegiance to the state while others restricted the possession of gunpowder.1 In the 1800's, states strictly regulated gun sales and possession, with many enacting legislation broadly prohibiting the carrying of concealed firearms.2 Courts uniformly upheld these laws against Second Amendment challenges.3

In 1939, the U.S. Supreme Court decided the pivotal case of United States v. Miller, rejecting any individual right to possess firearms for purposes unrelated to the "well regulated Militia" of the States. The Court held that the "obvious purpose" of the Second Amendment was "to assure the continuation and render possible the effectiveness of" state militias, and the Second Amendment "must be interpreted and applied with that end in view."4 Following that ruling, the federal appeals courts overwhelmingly rejected challenges to gun laws.5

Criminal defendants and the gun lobby continued their search for activist judges who would overturn gun laws and ignore binding Supreme Court precedent. In October 2001, two judges in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals case of United States v. Emerson suggested, in what the third judge on the panel described as non-binding dicta, that the Constitution guarantees the right of an individual to possess firearms for purposes unrelated to militia service. The court nonetheless upheld a federal law prohibiting domestic violence abusers from possessing firearms and reinstated the defendant's indictment for violating that law. The Supreme Court denied review.

In March 2007, more than two hundred years after the Second Amendment was ratified and with the federal courts unanimously rejecting every challenge ever brought to gun laws based on the Second Amendment, the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals issued its ruling in Parker v. District of Columbia. In that 2-1 ruling, two judges struck down a District of Columbia law restricting handgun possession that had been on the books for more than 30 years. In doing so, the activist judges wrongly ruled based on their personal view rather the binding precedent of the Supreme Court and our Nation's long history of upholding gun regulations. On November 20, 2007, the U.S. Supreme Court accepted review of this anomolous ruling. A decision is expected by the end of June 2008.

Click here for cases discussing the Second Amendment, including a discussion of Emerson and Parker.
    The myth that the Second Amendment provides a right to own guns separate from a well-regulated militia has been fostered, in large part, by a campaign of misinformation supported by those opposed to common sense gun laws. As former Chief Justice Warren Burger said, "[The Second Amendment] has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud, repeat the word 'fraud,' on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime."

The Legal Action Project of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence has dedicated itself to dispelling the myth surrounding the Second Amendment. Through on-going articles on the issue, public education campaigns, and support of gun laws as amicus curiae, or "friends of the court," we work to educate the public on the true meaning of the Second Amendment.

END....THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST THINGS OF MONKEY POO I'VE EVER SEEN.....

I first thought they where trying to delete the second Amendment. That is their goal eventually, however, I think their main goal right now is incementalism, taking what every ground they can. They see they may have a shot if they can show that 2A was written for the soul intent of maintaining a militia. They are grossly missing the mark on their little tactic, but to the gun grabbers its probably the one right now they may have the most chance of getting a decission in their favor.

That little blurb is straight from the BRADY's AFter reading so much of it I wanted to UP Chuck it is so twisted and misunderstood by these people, I really truely believe to get hired at Brady campaing you must take a polygraph and the only way to get hired is to fail and then you get to write articles about "THE TRUTH"

For Example the little blurb about MILLER "In 1939, the U.S. Supreme Court decided the pivotal case of United States v. Miller, rejecting any individual right to possess firearms for purposes unrelated to the "well regulated Militia" of the States. The Court held that the "obvious purpose" of the Second Amendment was "to assure the continuation and render possible the effectiveness of" state militias, and the Second Amendment "must be interpreted and applied with that end in view."4 Following that ruling, the federal appeals courts overwhelmingly rejected challenges to gun laws.5
    IIRC that is not what the rulling was it was in regards to a sawed off shotgun not being protected by the 2A because it served "NO MILITARY or Militia Value"
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

They have an animation of a judge holding up the 2nd amendment frowning at it, then crossing it out line by line with a red pen and smiling.
    While it may be the 'opposition's' true agenda---one can look at something like that as psychological warfare and propaganda. We haven't seen the 'anti's' true attempts in despair yet. That's what we have to prepare for.

VIP Member
    Good points, Rob99, but you've really ruined my meal by posting all that Brady crap. If anything ever made you want to rage-vomit...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I hope nobody here actually thinks we are going to win this battle. At some point in time, they WILL require a national registration on firearms. Probably after some sort of terrorist threat, real or imagined, when we have a democRATic president. That president will use the Patriot Act to say that because we can not completely regulate who is in this country illegally, we must know where all the guns are. Remember, this will happen right after some national catastrophe or threat. National Guard will probably be in the streets, and we all remember the confiscating guns from N.O. after the hurricane. The Demo's will use the mandatory registration to compile a National Database of gun owners, and things will calm down. America rebuilds, false statistics will show how registration has reduced crime because now LEO can track weapons used in homicides. A few years later, a school shooting or some sort will take place with an un-registered gun. The Gov't will then tell us that it was made impossible to take guns out of the hands of criminals, because the search and seizure laws made it hard for them to tell a legally registered gun from an illegal un-registered gun. They will then institute a recall on all registered guns. They will all be destroyed. Now it's easy for LEO because any gun in a private citizens possesion is automatically illegal so now they don't have to waste time, resources and paperwork to prosecute/kill those people...Don't believe it will happen? Look at history. Look at the path other countries have taken...You better believe we are on that path now. With that said, "They'll have to pry my guns from my cold, dead hands."
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I think that we "can" win this battle. All that has to happen is the truth be told. What do you advocate then? Giving up?

Never!!!

let the chips fall where they may but I'll be damned if I will advocate not fighting for it and continuing to fight for it. It's not for just us, its for our Grand Children.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Good points, Rob99, but you've really ruined my meal by posting all that Brady crap. If anything ever made you want to rage-vomit...

Don’t stink it up to bad, I’m right be hind ya.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Straight from the LIERS I mean Brady bunch.

The Truth About the Second Amendment

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Second Amendment is perhaps the most misunderstood of all provisions of the U.S. Constitution. Criminal defendants and the gun lobby have repeatedly claimed that reasonable gun laws must be struck down as a violation of Second Amendment rights. Yet the U.S. Supreme Court and an overwhelming majority of federal appellate courts have held that the Second Amendment protects only a right to keep and bear arms in furtherance of a well-regulated militia.

"
    Don't mean to quote myself.

But to anwer the Brady's interpretion, the second amendment is not misunderstood, you are trying to re-write it. Because what you forgot in that whole interpretation.

THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!!!!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!!!!
    Don't you mean Government?
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    I think that we "can" win this battle. All that has to happen is the truth be told. What do you advocate then? Giving up?

Never!!!

let the chips fall where they may but I'll be damned if I will advocate not fighting for it and continuing to fight for it. It's not for just us, its for our Grand Children.
    No, I advocate moving to Texas, and when the U.S. goes crazy, we, and most of the southern states secede. The only reason I choose Tx, is because, well, I already live here, it's further from commy Washington, and we have ports for shipping.
    P.S. We already lost the battle...we are now just waiting for the aftermath. When the Brady Bunch became a household name, we lost...when the AWB passed, we lost...when every black rifle/pistol became an excessive, deadly, assault weapon made only for killing large quantities of people without cause, we lost...when people with pistols or modified pistols started being prosecuted as people with "weapons of mass destruction" we lost...When we consented to level III licenses, we lost...When we let the liberal left run the media and continued supporting them by still buying things from their sponsors, we lost. Face it, half the people in this country don't care enough about the issues to pay attention, forty percent gets their info from Fox news or CNN, and the other 10% aren't enough to swing the vote.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Links