Right To Carry On State Property

This is a discussion on Right To Carry On State Property within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been waiting for a pro-gun bill such as this to be introduced in Indiana: University Carry Senator Waterman thinks the right to carry in ...

Thread: Right To Carry On State Property

Right To Carry On State Property

I've been waiting for a pro-gun bill such as this to be introduced in Indiana:

University Carry

Senator Waterman thinks the right to carry in Indiana should be extended to University property to help deter tragic incidents such as the Virginia Tech massacre.

I also think the negative opinion of ISUP Associate Director Joe Newport is based on the egotistical belief that the police can prevent the spontaneous eruption of violent crime, which, of course, they can't. They aren't omnipresent... And, frankly, I don't want them to be. I'm allergic to police states.

My logical response to the negative opinion of security trainer Jason Winkle is simply that private citizens legally carry practically everywhere else in Indiana. Does he also think this is a bad idea, because, according to him, the average citizen isn't competent enough to respond correctly under fire. And aren't the police who respond to an active shooter incident supposed to be trained to hold their fire until they have accurately assessed the situation so they don't shoot the good guys by mistake... I'd hate to think the police would simply hose everyone down at the scene with full-auto firepower to make sure the bad guy didn't get away.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

2. Remove Ads

We carried firearms for decades, and haven't heard of the LEOs shooting the good guys when a crime is happening. I don't think this guy is from around hear!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Links