More Pressure Needed To Convince Bush To Withdraw Brief

This is a discussion on More Pressure Needed To Convince Bush To Withdraw Brief within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert 8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102 Springfield, VA 22151 Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408 Gun Owners of America Friday, January ...

Thread: More Pressure Needed To Convince Bush To Withdraw Brief

More Pressure Needed To Convince Bush To Withdraw Brief

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102
    Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408

Gun Owners of America

Friday, January 25, 2008

The Bush administration has continued veering toward gun control. You know it is bad when The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence salutes the administration's support for gun control.

Why would anti-gunners praise the Bush administration? For one, signing the first gun control legislation in over a decade, the Veterans Disarmament Act (H.R. 2640). For another, the very anti-gun brief the Solicitor General (the Justice Department's lawyer) filed in the DC gun ban case, D.C. v. Heller.

As you know, Rep. Virgil Goode is rounding up other members of the U.S. House of Representatives to join with him on his letter to the President asking him to withdraw that brief.

Gun Owners of America has taken the lead in building public awareness of the Solicitor General's action, and the need to urge all members of Congress to support Rep. Goode's efforts.

We know it is imperative for the NRA to encourage their members to weigh in with their representatives on behalf of Rep. Goode.

It would be very helpful if you -- and as many gun owners as you can recruit to help -- would call the NRA and urge them to publicly encourage members of Congress to join with Rep. Goode by signing his letter to the White House.

The toll-free number to call at the NRA is 800-392-8683. To maximize your effort, please call rather than e-mail.

For your information, the GOA press release that explains what is wrong with the administration's brief is here:

Press Releases: GOA Calls On Bush To Withdraw Anti-Gun Brief

The D.C. v. Heller case is by far the most important Second Amendment court case of our lifetime. Thank you for doing all you can to help secure a pro-gun outcome.

2. Remove Ads

Links