Political - Mike Huckabee to General Spitzer

This is a discussion on Political - Mike Huckabee to General Spitzer within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So he associates 2A with hunting. I'd consider that in the ballpark if not exactly a home run. Other than that, what's he supposed to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Political - Mike Huckabee to General Spitzer

Senior Moderator
    So he associates 2A with hunting. I'd consider that in the ballpark if not exactly a home run. Other than that, what's he supposed to do, physically, tote a 45 on his hip for everybody to see?

I guess he could go to a gun show or try some target practice, but I won't hold it against him if he doesn't. I think Thompson's visit to a gun show worked both ways. Good to show you're on the team, but alienating to the masses. Whatever...
    Huckabee carries a gun and has an Ar.Permit. He has made it easier for us here in Arkanasas to carry and has even publicly advocated it.

I dont know what else that he could do to get the point across that he is Pro Second Amendment ?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

BAC
    All of my questions still stand, as none have been directly answered.

Look, I'm not "out to get" the guy. I put every politician I study through the ringer before I support them, and one of the most important issues for me is how a politician feels about the Second Amendment and what they plan to do to protect and uphold it. Does anyone here have a link to his voting record? Heck, neither the NRA and OnTheIssues.org have much information on Huckabee, and both are usually very good about having such information.

farronwolf, in the time when the Second Amendment was still new, hunting was never mentioned because the Constitution had nothing to do with how you put food on your table. Since the Constitution is a binding document for the government, not a document that grants allowance to the people, hunting is absolutely not what the Second Amendment is about. It is strictly a document that maintains the individual right of arms ownership for the purpose of maintaining an armed populace.

If you take one of his hunter-garb pictures, took that rifle or shotgun out of his hands, and replaced it with a bow, would it still have the same effect? If not, why?

No, if he wants to really win over the gun owners of the country, he should just look like him. Have pictures of himself and other average people, dressed and behaved like average people, because that is what comprises the largest body of those who possess arms in this country. That is the mistake the NRA has been making for so long, and why "hunter-friendly" politicians in the past have always been viewed with skeptical eyes, as well as why so many have come to view the NRA as "good enough".

HotGuns, thanks for sharing that. For what it's worth, though, I think Huckabee, Paul, and Richardson are all the most pro-gun-ownership in this year's race (the Democratic candidate having a surprisingly good record on the matter), but Richardson has dropped out and that leaves Huckabee and Paul left. Romney has a very public anti-gun history in his state, and flat said he'd sign another assault weapon ban into law in a heartbeat if it came to his desk. Giuliani’s had a very public anti-gun history in New York. McCain has already proven he does not support all of the Bill of Rights (the recent campaign finance reform propositions) and buys into the “gun show loophole” idea.

Gun owners have pretty slim pickings this campaign run.

-B

Senior Moderator
    Nothing new there really.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Always have---always will. IMO, it's always been a selection of the 'lesser evil'. That being said, maybe it's time to look at the bigger picture and getting someone into office that the general public would support on all the issues, and look at someone's 'pro' outlook on the second amendment as a bonus? My gut instinct tells me Mike is right.
    Do your own research---my fingers are tired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links