Rush Limbaugh & Stallone - very disappointed about this

This is a discussion on Rush Limbaugh & Stallone - very disappointed about this within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Rush need ratings just like everybody else....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh & Stallone - very disappointed about this

Rush need ratings just like everybody else.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AMH View Post
    I have noticed that Stallone has been on a lot of ďconservativeĒ shows lately, including FOX news.

Aside from Stallone being an actor I donít know the first thing about him, or his political view points. I did hear him say that he ďlikesĒ McCain.

Here is my rant: I hate Hollywood and most of pop culture in general. It seems that most of America cares more about celebrities than about the real world. Celebrities live in this little skewed bubble that is nothing like reality. In fact, most celebrities have no idea what reality is. Most (not all mind you) have been catered to their whole lives and have this disgusting narcissistic sense of entitlement, and most Americans (think sheeple) buy into. Want evidence? Just look at all the coverage about Heath Ledger compared to the amount of coverage for the Economic Stimulus Package. Not to minimize the loss of human life, it is tragic when anyone dies. But really, who gives a cr@p! Heath Ledger is just an entertainer, he is nobody important. But all these freaking sheeple care more about him than our countries financial situation!

+1 for the Sheeples
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the MARINES don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Remember your abilities AND disabilities can become Possibilities!

Semper Fi!

Unfortunately, most Hollywood actors don't believe in2A. Why would they with full time security guarding them behind their gated mansion.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I chuckle at calling Stallone a good actor...

I chuckle at calling him conservative...

I chuckle at those that believe all Conservatives are for 2A...

As for Rush...a hypocrit druggy...

Rick

I must weigh in on this: I don't think Stallone has those views today, because if he had, Soldier of Fortune never would have interviewed him, or given him the time of day recently when they did a huge feature article in their magazine about both the movie, and the plight of the Karen people there in Burma.

And I know for a fact that Stallone has intervied recently on some of the independent radio stations I listen to, and his views now certainly do not reflect the comments he made before the turn of the century.

I saw the latest Rambo Friday, and I can assure you the message he sends in his movie is loud and clear; Anyone who goes to see the movie will immediately understand this.

Besides, I met his brother Frank some years back at a USPSA match out in Norco. Sly was not there because he was filming the movie "Copland" at the time, but Frank told us all that Sly had had several 1911's built for him by Terry Tussey, the same guy who builds guns for Steven Seagal. And Sly spends a lot of range time on some secluded property he owns.

Watching the latest Rambo movie, there is a scene where his skill with a handgun is depicted quite well. as a former master class competitor myself, I promise you that he has had a lot of professional instruction over the years, and plenty of time to hone his craft.

So don't worry about Sly.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Some of his quotes :
    "...until America, door to door, takes every handgun, this is what you're gonna have... It really is pathetic... We're livin' in the Dark Ages over there."
    Sylvester Stallone, March 28, 1998

"I know we use guns in films..." but insisted the time has come "...to be a little more accountable and realize that this is an escalating problem thatís eventually going to lead to, I think, urban warfare."
    Sylvester Stallone on Access Hollywood, June 8, 1998

"It [2nd Amendment] has to be stopped, and someone really has to go on the line, a certain dauntless political figure, and say, ĎItís ending, itís over, all bets are off. Itís not 200 years ago, we donít need this anymore, and the rest of the world doesnít have it. Why should we?"
    Sylvester Stallone on Access Hollywood, June 8, 1998
    Oh, thanks - was before my time on the debate squad for the 2a. (Was 10 in 1998)

Anyways, he's not all there (mentally), so he's not really that big of a threat anyways. Anyone notice Danny Glover in "Shooter" ? -Says something about their personalities when they can shoot down the Constitution of the United States verbally, but get paid to pretend they're something else.

Whatever - it's a movie that's worth seeing. Think of him as Lietenant John J. Rambo - not Sly the sheep. It's not everyday you can see a guys head get taken with a Barrett .50
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    I chuckle at calling Stallone a good actor...

I chuckle at calling him conservative...

I chuckle at those that believe all Conservatives are for 2A...

As for Rush...a hypocrit druggy...

Rick
    +1 on that.

Stallone, like most entertainers is a moron. He spews the anti gun crap while making a movie that glorifies violence committed with guns. How does that make sense? Even to an moron that should set off some hypocrite alarms but it doesn't see to have done that for Stallone.

As as for him being a conservative....he supports McCain. That alone should tell you he has not understanding of what it takes to be a true conservative. Just as McCain lacks that understanding.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I think Stallone got hit too many times in the head while filming Rocky. As for his roles that he plays, his morals are for sale just like almost every actor out there, Jodi Foster anyone? Who gives a damn what actors think, well until they get elected to office that is. I wonder what Jesse Ventura thinks about the Second.
    Then again he was more of a wrestler. As for Rush. I think he's all dried up. Anyone that would even have Stallone on his show asking for inteligent conversation has got to be off in the head.

Someone asked for a more recent update of Stallone on the 2A? well, here you go, November 2006, Sly goes to a Brady event.

Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence

a while back there was information, or possibly misinformation about Sylvester Stallone having a California CCW while still fighting the good fight alongside the Brady Bunch against us. Consider this hearsay though, as I don't have sources (but might try to look some up later.)

For now, I'm boycotting his movies, as well as every other actor who follows the same Hollywood Hipocracy.

Oh well, both are very irrelevant now.
    I keep waiting for Rush to completely fade away...I haven't listened to him for over 7 yrs and I used to never miss his show..
    Stallone, pass the Androl would you?

How can you take a 61 year old on steriods seriously? He is a self centered hypocrite, like most in Hollywood.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting..."have a gun""

Is Rush still hopped up on drugs? Maybe that explains it, he is just doing what feels good to him. But really who cares what either of them think, one is a blathering idiot, and the other is a washed up not good actor.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ellerblr View Post
    Someone asked for a more recent update of Stallone on the 2A? well, here you go, November 2006, Sly goes to a Brady event.

a while back there was information, or possibly misinformation about Sylvester Stallone having a California CCW while still fighting the good fight alongside the Brady Bunch against us. Consider this hearsay though, as I don't have sources (but might try to look some up later.)

For now, I'm boycotting his movies, as well as every other actor who follows the same Hollywood Hipocracy.
    Not hearsay, the guy at this link Freedom of Informationed his permit application. The Hypocrisy of Sylvester Stallone

He's a total hypocrite.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

thanks for finding that information.

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    I must weigh in on this: I don't think Stallone has those views today, because if he had, Soldier of Fortune never would have interviewed him, or given him the time of day recently when they did a huge feature article in their magazine about both the movie, and the plight of the Karen people there in Burma.

And I know for a fact that Stallone has intervied recently on some of the independent radio stations I listen to, and his views now certainly do not reflect the comments he made before the turn of the century.

I saw the latest Rambo Friday, and I can assure you the message he sends in his movie is loud and clear; Anyone who goes to see the movie will immediately understand this.

Besides, I met his brother Frank some years back at a USPSA match out in Norco. Sly was not there because he was filming the movie "Copland" at the time, but Frank told us all that Sly had had several 1911's built for him by Terry Tussey, the same guy who builds guns for Steven Seagal. And Sly spends a lot of range time on some secluded property he owns.

Watching the latest Rambo movie, there is a scene where his skill with a handgun is depicted quite well. as a former master class competitor myself, I promise you that he has had a lot of professional instruction over the years, and plenty of time to hone his craft.

So don't worry about Sly.....
    having skill with a handgun and owning some nice ones do not necessarily translate into believing that the common individual has the right to keep and bear arms.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links