Rush Limbaugh & Stallone - very disappointed about this

This is a discussion on Rush Limbaugh & Stallone - very disappointed about this within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I caught part of Rush's radio show last Friday, just in time to get in on the part where Sylvester Stallone called in and he ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh & Stallone - very disappointed about this

Senior Moderator

I caught part of Rush's radio show last Friday, just in time to get in on the part where Sylvester Stallone called in and he and Rush had a big time discussing and promoting Stallone's new movie, "Rambo".

Since Rush claims to be pro 2A, I was very disappointed to see him promoting such a staunch and outspoken anti-gunner like Stallone. And I emailed Rush and respectively expressed my disappointment.

Rush thinks of Stallone as a Republican, but in my email, I pointed out that if Stallone had the same views about the 1A as he does the 2A, that Rush would probably have a whole different opinion of Stallone.

Not that Rush is the ultimate anything, but he does claim to represent the conservative view and Bill of Rights. I was just very disappointed; I hope you are too, and if you are, I hope you'll email him and tell him, repsectfully of course.

I think 'we', including Rush, need to careful who we choose for friends and promote - they just might be an enemy. And Stallone is certainly an enemy of the 2A.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

VIP Member
    Funny, I heard the interview and it was all about the movie. Nothing about the Second Amendment was mentioned.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Its not that Stallone is a "friend" of Rush, simply put that everyone likes a good actor, and stallone does make some pretty good movies, everyone knows how stallone feels about the 2a, and everyone knows how Rush feels and in the end were all just trying to get along even though our opinions are differant, that is why we live in America right?
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the MARINES don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Remember your abilities AND disabilities can become Possibilities!

Semper Fi!

AMH
    I have noticed that Stallone has been on a lot of “conservative” shows lately, including FOX news.

Aside from Stallone being an actor I don’t know the first thing about him, or his political view points. I did hear him say that he “likes” McCain.

Here is my rant: I hate Hollywood and most of pop culture in general. It seems that most of America cares more about celebrities than about the real world. Celebrities live in this little skewed bubble that is nothing like reality. In fact, most celebrities have no idea what reality is. Most (not all mind you) have been catered to their whole lives and have this disgusting narcissistic sense of entitlement, and most Americans (think sheeple) buy into. Want evidence? Just look at all the coverage about Heath Ledger compared to the amount of coverage for the Economic Stimulus Package. Not to minimize the loss of human life, it is tragic when anyone dies. But really, who gives a cr@p! Heath Ledger is just an entertainer, he is nobody important. But all these freaking sheeple care more about him than our countries financial situation!
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Stallone has the same mis-guided view of guns as the Mayor of Philly. "If we could just get these guns off the streets we would save so many lives of the hard working police" along with "save the children from theses guns". It's the same old Brady Bunch line. It's lies that sound good to someone who doesn't think for themselves. They don't see who they are working to promote. They are just a piece of the matrix.

"In a FOX News interview that ran on January 24th 2008, Stallone said he currently supports John McCain for the 2008 Republican US presidential nomination."

Rambo v. Walker, Texas Ranger: Stallone Backs McCain Against Norris’ Huckabee - You Decide 08! » Rambo v. Walker, Texas Ranger: Stallone Backs McCain Against Norris’ Huckabee
    -----------------------------------------------

Not saying that it's not true, but where did you see that the man is against the 2a? I read his biography on 3 different websites and non of them even mention anything political. Know, I know liberal hollywood - and if he was in any way political or liberal - he'd be shoving it down our throats for breakfast....
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

I always love these action stars who use guns in the majority of their movies come out and say they are against private ownership. Complete hypocrites.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Funny, I heard the interview and it was all about the movie. Nothing about the Second Amendment was mentioned.
    Exactly!

If one didn't know any better, one would be left with the impression Stallone is our friend - he isn't. He is vehemiently opposed to the 2A.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercalf View Post
    ...Not saying that it's not true, but where did you see that the man is against the 2a? I read his biography on 3 different websites and non of them even mention anything political. Know, I know liberal hollywood - and if he was in any way political or liberal - he'd be shoving it down our throats for breakfast....
    Some of his quotes :
    "...until America, door to door, takes every handgun, this is what you're gonna have... It really is pathetic... We're livin' in the Dark Ages over there."
    Sylvester Stallone, March 28, 1998

"I know we use guns in films..." but insisted the time has come "...to be a little more accountable and realize that this is an escalating problem that’s eventually going to lead to, I think, urban warfare."
    Sylvester Stallone on Access Hollywood, June 8, 1998

"It [2nd Amendment] has to be stopped, and someone really has to go on the line, a certain dauntless political figure, and say, ‘It’s ending, it’s over, all bets are off. It’s not 200 years ago, we don’t need this anymore, and the rest of the world doesn’t have it. Why should we?"
    Sylvester Stallone on Access Hollywood, June 8, 1998

VIP Member
    Keep in mind the Rush isn't a gunner. Presently, he can't own one (part of his plea deal he made.) He may be pro-2A, but I don't think he is that educated on the issue. I doubt he knows the difference between a black rifle & water pistol. (Not to attack Rush, I enjoy his show, but the 2A isn't discussed on it....)

As to his view of Stallone...all I've heard from Limbaugh is that he liked the last Rocky movie & he liked this new Rambo one as well......Haven't seen either myself, but after all they're just movies....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    ...As to his view of Stallone...all I've heard from Limbaugh is that he liked the last Rocky movie & he liked this new Rambo one as well......Haven't seen either myself, but after all they're just movies....
    Does this mean if an actor makes a good movie that we shouldn't be concerned about their attacks on the 2A? What if their movies are just ok, or not so good?

My felling is not to support any anti-2A business, and that includes actors. If some one choice to spout their ignorance about the 2A, then I will not deal with them.

Till I became knowledgeable about what 2A means, I payed money to see his movies. At least some of them.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Assistant Administrator
    Leaving aside the specific thrust of the thread - what sickens me most is blatently anti gun actors taking rolls where they are gun-totin heroes, or bad guys.

If they were serious about an anti gun stand then it is pure hipocricy to take rolls involving guns IMO ... ahhh but I forgot ....... money - greed ...... that comes first.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Leaving aside the specific thrust of the thread - what sickens me most is blatantly anti gun actors taking rolls where they are gun-totin heroes, or bad guys.

If they were serious about an anti gun stand then it is pure hypocrisy to take rolls involving guns IMO ... ha but I forgot ....... money - greed ...... that comes first.
    Ah yes, I think you've hit on something there, Chris...the $$$$...yes, it's the $$$$, it's ALWAYS the $$$$...hypocrites all...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I don't know. We're(myself included) always so quick to circle the wagons and attack the known anti-celebs, but honestly, does anyone have any "anti" quotes attributed to stallone post '98-ish? 10 years is a long time. His views may have changed since then. Maybe not. Has anyone actually tried to get any correspondence through to him, politely asking his views?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links