Who are the anti-gun hypocrites?

This is a discussion on Who are the anti-gun hypocrites? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by wht06rado I read somewhere that Stalone has a CCW but you see pictures of him and Bernie Mac at brady campaigne events. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Who are the anti-gun hypocrites?

Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post
    I read somewhere that Stalone has a CCW but you see pictures of him and Bernie Mac at brady campaigne events. I beleive Bernie Mac is on record talking about his guns as well. So there are two more right there. Someone else will have to find the true info on those two. I am just citing internet gossip. But rambo being anit-gun is ridiculous.
    My post on page 1 of this thread has a link to documentation of Sly's concealed carry permit application... which was approved (although he's since let it lapse).
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

2. Remove Ads

Bernie Mac as indicated above is a confirmed gun hypocrite.

I'd discovered this myself to my complete surprise a month ago upon seeing that pic of he and Stallone with each other at a Brady get rid of zee guns (!) fundraiser.

Bernie Mac Smacks A Nerve
    By CHRIS NORRIS
    Published: May 12, 2002
    "Mac tells me that he has been coming to this shop for 10 years, amassing a collection of pistols, rifles and shotguns for target practice and some hunting. ''They call me the Peaceful Hunter,'' Mac deadpans. ''Because I never kill anything..."

Source - Bernie Mac Smacks A Nerve - New York Times

Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Additional boosters of Brady include surprisingly Peter 'Robo-Cop' Weller.
    Info toward additional star boosters can be found at; Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence

There are many gun hypocrites amongst us.
    They are everywhere.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Ted Kennedy's bodyguard was arrested in a capitol building with an automatic uzi. (legally purchased NFA imported pre 1986 ) This is even more dubious as federal law prevents convicted felons from hiring armed security. I believe he has a felony conviction from that bridge driving incident 1958 where he left the scene and a woman died. He spend a few months in jail.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Ted Kennedy's bodyguard was arrested in a capitol building with an automatic uzi. (legally purchased NFA imported pre 1986 ) This is even more dubious as federal law prevents convicted felons from hiring armed security. I believe he has a felony conviction from that bridge driving incident 1958 where he left the scene and a woman died. He spend a few months in jail.
    Nope, he didn't spend ANY time in jail. On July 25, seven days after the incident, Kennedy entered a plea of guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of an accident after causing injury. He received a sentence of two months in jail, which was suspended, and lost his driving license for one year.

Chappaquiddick incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    How about any politician that says:

or anybody that thinks the Second Amendment is about hunting!
    Only if you happen to be hunting politicians

:)

Read some unsubstantiated rumor that Chucky Schumer is a gun owner as well... but I can't back it up.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Aside from felons and the mentally challenged being banned from owning weapons, I think any politician that has voted for bans should be prevented from having any armed body guards or a permit to carry themselves. By the way another actor that had a permit but didn't like guns was Jack Lord from the old show Hawaii 5-O. I think you shouldn't need a permit to carry if you've kept yourself out of trouble. Crooks should have the ghost buster sign with a gun on their drivers license or ID. That way any person selling a gun could just ask to see their license. The perfect instant check. That would work at gun shows, gun shops and news paper adds.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    IS this what you are looking for? kinda long list. Seems to have everyone in the world on this list.
    NRA-ILA :: Fact Sheets
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1369dlw View Post
    IS this what you are looking for? kinda long list. Seems to have everyone in the world on this list.
    Well yes in a way, though I particularly wanted to know who on that list is a anti-gun hypocrite. It's one thing to be anti-gun, but it's a completely different issue to be anti-gun and have a gun, use a gun, be protected by armed bodyguards, etc.

I would love to see that list with true stories where the anti's got revealed using a gun in some manner.

Thanks for you help with that list, I had forgotten about it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

geez, that was a depressing read. that's definitely going to make the new rambo movie a personal flop. i think i almost feel sorry for these people enclosed in such an ignorant shell.
    What's this button do?

anti's

american firearms assc.
    question#1 who are they???
    question#2 sounds like oxymoron too me,a firearms assocation
    thats anti????
    also we can't forget the biggest (ive got nothing better to do
    bloomberg)anti. don't know about any personal ordeals he
    may have incountered (dont really care ethier)but i'm sure
    he's bodyguards are carrying more than mace.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    That story was from when she was with Tom Hadyn.

Not sure where I read it, though.

--Travis--
    Had the names wrong but I was close!
    PS Who is Tom Hadyn?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I personally think that any person that uses firearms, real or imitation, to make a living, (as in movies, TV, etc.) while playing the part of a good guy, and then denounces them as evil and unnecessary, is one of the best examples of a hypocrite. Their movies/shows ought to be boycotted. Of course, then we wouldn't have many action shows, except for the martial arts and knife fights!

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    PS Who is Tom Hadyn?
    Tom Hayden is a 1960s California political activist, peace-nik, hippie nut-job who was married to Jane Fonda.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Alright, That's it...we have too many organizations, and too many people with time on their hands... I wonder if any of those 'organizations' have more members than the NRA, if any.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member
    Some of the Hollywierd actors as a little puzzling:

Richard Dean Anderson - Actor (used a lot of firearms in SG-1)
    Kevin Costner - Actor (used them in nearly every movie he did)
    Matt Damon - Actor (Jason Bourne I, II, III)
    Richard Donner - Director ( Lethal Weapon series of movies)
    Fran Drescher - Actress (She was a victim of a horrible crime, yet is anti-gun)
    Mark Harmon - Actor (NCIS)
    Dennis Quaid - Actor (Tombstone)

Most of the others are not as surprising to me....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links