Who are the anti-gun hypocrites?

This is a discussion on Who are the anti-gun hypocrites? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 Had the names wrong but I was close! PS Who is Tom Hadyn? A picture is worth a thousand words........ Jane ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Who are the anti-gun hypocrites?

JEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Had the names wrong but I was close!
    PS Who is Tom Hadyn?
    A picture is worth a thousand words........

Jane Fonda A.K.A. Hanoi Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch
    Tom Hayden is a 1960s California political activist, peace-nik, hippie nut-job who was married to Jane Fonda.
    The bulk of the story is about Fonda but she was married to the other traitor, Hayden, at the time and he backed her all the way.

Jack

2. Remove Ads

I wonder if there is a list of pro 2A actors (other than Tom Selleck, Ted Nudget, Joe Penny, and Charleston Heston) organizations and journalist?

Member Array Gun Loving Liveral's Avatar
    I don't think an actor who plays a character who likes guns but who in real life is anti-gun is necessarily a hypocrite-that's what actors do, pretend to be somebody they aren't. But I agree that anyone, actor, politico, or just average citizen who states they are against guns but carries themself or hires armed bodyguards is indeed a hypocrite. If a person is consistent in their talk and actions they can earn my respect even if I disagree.
    In Oklahoma, even we liberals like guns!

After watching The Brave One with Jodi Foster I was upset to find out that a crazy anit-gun person could make a good proself defence/get even movie. I rented it on pay per view and wish I hadn't because I didn't want her to get any money from me viewing it.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Loving Liveral View Post
    I don't think an actor who plays a character who likes guns but who in real life is anti-gun is necessarily a hypocrite-that's what actors do, pretend to be somebody they aren't.
    Exactly how often has Stalone played at being a man?

I am probably gonna get myself on the well hated list for saying this. Truth is seeing all these actors and politicians being two faced liars does not surprise me at all. It is after part of their job description.
    What shocked me in the short time I have been coming to gun boards is how many on these gun boards are secret antis. How many here are pro registration, pro certification, pro permit or pro license? Many would deny it even to themselves, but I have heard the same rationales, for all of the preceding, as the Brady Bunch uses for their gun bans repeated here. Sometimes it feels like we are being infiltrated. There was one thread I recall about a lady who could not hit the broad side of a barn, that went on for pages about how people like her should not be "allowed" to have a permit. Allowed? Anyone see what is wrong with that whole concept? Another about how my wife over reacted about being offended that she was required to have her fingerprints taken in order to get her permit. It did not occur to anyone to be offended by the fact the she or any of us are required to get a permit to exercise a God given right. Point of this rant is, IMO we all need to look how much of the antis rhetoric we have swallowed and come to believe without question. Just a thought not pointing fingers or meaning to offend anyone. OK off my soap box.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Administrator
    Arnold Of Kali....Forn....E...a
    I'll bet he secretly packs but, he sure does not want anybody else to.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ridurall View Post
    After watching The Brave One with Jodi Foster I was upset to find out that a crazy anit-gun person could make a good proself defence/get even movie. I rented it on pay per view and wish I hadn't because I didn't want her to get any money from me viewing it.
    I wonder if we all had our wives and or girlfriends write these ladies saying that they just watched their movie and it made them realize that they needed protection and to buy a gun was a good idea, "I saw that you used a gun to keep you safe, it should work for me!". If enough wrote, I wonder what these anti-gun actors/actresses would think about doing another movie such as a "Brave One".
    I just don't understand if they are so anti, why would they play these parts, I know money has a lot to do with it, but if they truly believed guns are bad, it just don't make sense does it?
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Arnie gets his tankback

Now the Governator has tank!!! Doesn't want us to have guns, but he can have a tank!!!
    Arnie gets Austrian army tank back - Telegraph
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    Now the Governator has tank!!!
    Now there's something you don't see every day!

How about Sarah Brady..?

If I were a liberal twister type, I might say something like... "Sarah Brady, diabolical hypocrite, illegally purchases high power sniper rifle for a minor!!"

Quote from Miami events, nightlife, restaurants & hotels | miami.com back in 02 I believe..

Gun-control advocate Sarah Brady bought her son a powerful rifle for Christmas in 2000 - and may have skirted Delaware state background-check requirements, the New York Daily News has learned.

Brady reveals in a new memoir that she bought James Brady Jr. a Remington .30-06, complete with scope and safety lock, at a Lewes, Del., gun shop.

::snip::

Amy Stillwell, a spokeswoman for The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said the federal Brady Law does not require background checks for intrafamily gun gifts.

Stillwell said she did not know whether her son was checked under the state law. The Delaware Department of Justice says the state does not have an exemption for family gifts.

Delaware Justice Department spokeswoman Lori Sitler said the purchase could be illegal under state law if Brady did not also say who she was buying the gun for and submit his "name, rank and serial number" for a full check.

"You can't purchase a gun for someone else," Sitler said yesterday. "That would be a 'straw purchase.' You've got a problem right there."
    "A right unexercised is a right lost."

www.myspace.com/dvickery

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post

I am probably gonna get myself on the well hated list for saying this. Truth is seeing all these actors and politicians being two faced liars does not surprise me at all. It is after part of their job description.
    What shocked me in the short time I have been coming to gun boards is how many on these gun boards are secret antis. How many here are pro registration, pro certification, pro permit or pro license? Many would deny it even to themselves, but I have heard the same rationales, for all of the preceding, as the Brady Bunch uses for their gun bans repeated here. Sometimes it feels like we are being infiltrated. There was one thread I recall about a lady who could not hit the broad side of a barn, that went on for pages about how people like her should not be "allowed" to have a permit. Allowed? Anyone see what is wrong with that whole concept? Another about how my wife over reacted about being offended that she was required to have her fingerprints taken in order to get her permit. It did not occur to anyone to be offended by the fact the she or any of us are required to get a permit to exercise a God given right. Point of this rant is, IMO we all need to look how much of the antis rhetoric we have swallowed and come to believe without question. Just a thought not pointing fingers or meaning to offend anyone. OK off my soap box.
    I'm with you. I say that if you are a legal American citizen that isn't a criminal, then you have a right to bear arms.

"A right unexercised is a right lost."

www.myspace.com/dvickery

Dang, I guess no more levi's, ben and Jerry's or Kenneth Cole suits....
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Carl Rowan is a long time anti-gun writer. Rowan shot a trespassing kid who was swimming in his pool.

Columnist, Backer Of Curbs on Guns, Shoots a Trespasser - New York Times

"The syndicated columnist Carl T. Rowan, who has written frequently of the need for stricter gun control, shot and slightly wounded a young man who took a predawn swim in the Rowan backyard pool early today.

The police said a check of records indicated that Mr. Rowan's pistol was not registered and the case was being referred to a Federal prosecutor's office.

Mr. Rowan said the pistol was registered with the Federal Government. He said the weapon belonged to his son, Carl T. Rowan Jr., a lawyer and former agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The columnist said his son bought the pistol while he was with the bureau and was told by District of Columbia officials after he left the agency that he could keep the weapon without registering it with the district."
    well, why didn't mr rowan just wait till the person he was receiving threats from was breaking in his house and then call 911 the way he thinks everybody else should.
    the only thing i dislike more than anti`s are hypocrite anti`s..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Loving Liveral View Post
    I don't think an actor who plays a character who likes guns but who in real life is anti-gun is necessarily a hypocrite-that's what actors do, pretend to be somebody they aren't.
    Totally disagree with you on this.

In my eyes, Jodie, who began her stardom career with the movie 'Taxi' and now most recently decided to take on the role of a 'gun toting vigilante' in The Brave One, is just as much a hypocrite as Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein or Pelosi.
    While I have enjoyed Fosters acting and movies n the past, I will not be spending one more dime on any of her movies. The list grows as to which actors will no longer be receiving any more dimes from my pocket.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post

agree, too true, too true . we must stay vigilante.
    LongRider likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links