Who are the anti-gun hypocrites?

This is a discussion on Who are the anti-gun hypocrites? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've read stories about "famous" people who are anti-gun, then find out later they had some incidence in their lives where they used a firearm. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Who are the anti-gun hypocrites?

VIP Member

I've read stories about "famous" people who are anti-gun, then find out later they had some incidence in their lives where they used a firearm. I believe you all know the type that believe no one else should have a firearm, other than them.

I would love to read a list of names and the factual story that revealed their "hidden secret". One comes to mind right now, though I can't remember his name. He writes a syndicated newspaper column and is anti-gun, about ten years ago, one night he had an intruder on his property, and he brandished his handgun, may be even fired a shot, I don't remember.

Does anyone have any stories to contribute. This might make a good list......."The Hall of Anti-Gun Hypocrites"
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Rosie O'Donnell and her body guards come to mind...

1943 - 2009
    Well, the first one that comes to mind is Rosie O'Donnell.

She's on record as saying that no private citizen needs to own a gun, in fact, she thinks they should go to jail if they do.

But she hires armed private bodyguards for her children.

Edited to add: Oops, Creature beat me to it!
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; January 31st, 2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Add info.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Senator Dianne Feinstein has one of the very small number of concealed carry permits issued in San Francisco. (I allow that I may simply be repeating unsubstantiated Internet rumor, but at least once I have seen a reference to somebody pulling the info via a FOIA request.) Here's one place the claim is made:
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Carl Rowan is a long time anti-gun writer. Rowan shot a trespassing kid who was swimming in his pool.

Columnist, Backer Of Curbs on Guns, Shoots a Trespasser - New York Times

"The syndicated columnist Carl T. Rowan, who has written frequently of the need for stricter gun control, shot and slightly wounded a young man who took a predawn swim in the Rowan backyard pool early today.

The police said a check of records indicated that Mr. Rowan's pistol was not registered and the case was being referred to a Federal prosecutor's office.

Mr. Rowan said the pistol was registered with the Federal Government. He said the weapon belonged to his son, Carl T. Rowan Jr., a lawyer and former agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The columnist said his son bought the pistol while he was with the bureau and was told by District of Columbia officials after he left the agency that he could keep the weapon without registering it with the district."

Sly is one of em:

Sly
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    How about any politician that says:

I don't want to take your hunting rifles & shotguns away!
    or anybody that thinks the Second Amendment is about hunting!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I think there was some politico in Ohio recently that was anti-gun and he & his wife were robbed. He changed his mind and got a CCW permit I believe. Someone here will remember the details - there was probably a thread also but I don't remember his name.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Jane Fonda and Ted Turner are Anti's. Apparently one time when they thought there home was being broken into, police arrived to find Ms. Fonda toting a Scattergun.

One of the Police asked her why she had a gun because he knew she didn't like guns and condoned violence, apparently she stated that she was only talking about "Other People"

Heard this 3rd hand from a friend of a friend of a friend/
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Chuck "I've never met a TV camera I didn't like" Schumer has a carry permit.

Second Amendment hypocrites: Senators Schumer and Feinstein pack heat
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Oh so you must mean......

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    How about any politician that says:

or anybody that thinks the Second Amendment is about hunting!
    Rudi Giuliani. I heard him say this exact thing when explaining how he understands what the 2A is all about and we don't have to worry about loosing our hunting rifles.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I read somewhere that Stalone has a CCW but you see pictures of him and Bernie Mac at brady campaigne events. I beleive Bernie Mac is on record talking about his guns as well. So there are two more right there. Someone else will have to find the true info on those two. I am just citing internet gossip. But rambo being anit-gun is ridiculous.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Danny Glover and Oprah are another two who own and/or have armed body guards for themselves but don't want you or me to own.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    Rosie O'Donnell and her body guards come to mind...
    I will never forget the cartoon of her on the cover of the NRA magazine when I was in college. PRICELESS!
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Jane Fonda and Ted Turner are Anti's. Apparently one time when they thought there home was being broken into, police arrived to find Ms. Fonda toting a Scattergun.

One of the Police asked her why she had a gun because he knew she didn't like guns and condoned violence, apparently she stated that she was only talking about "Other People"

Heard this 3rd hand from a friend of a friend of a friend/
    That story was from when she was with Tom Hadyn.

Not sure where I read it, though.

--Travis--

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links