S.2483: Act Now! :MERGED - Page 2

S.2483: Act Now! :MERGED

This is a discussion on S.2483: Act Now! :MERGED within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tell your Senators to stand with the Association of National Park Rangers, the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, and the U.S. Park Ranger Lodge ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tell your Senators to stand with the Association of National Park Rangers, the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, and the U.S. Park Ranger Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police
    Uh yeah... I wrote to Scot McElveen, president of the ANPR, regarding their support. I got a reply from him Friday night. I'll post it, but I have to figure out how, since the exchange is far too long (and includes graphics) to post here. I'll probably throw it onto a web page.

He did, at least, take the time to respond personally with a fairly well written letter. He's ex-LEO and he claims to be pro-CCW, just "not on federally managed park lands."

They have two primary objections:

1. Opportunistic Poachers -- people who may not be "professional" poachers, but may not be able to resist if they have a gun.

2. The 2nd Amendment doesn't apply everywhere, so it doesn't have to apply here.

Beyond that, it's more of the same old "it'll increase violent crime" junk.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

VIP Member
    Done deal.

S-2483; Merged

Thanks to BlackPR for all your time and effort in this matter. Most times it's those such as you that are persistent that get the job done. Now to secure the borders and free California !

I think it got lost in another thread, but here's my email exchange with the president of the ANPR... all typos and formatting preserved forever and ever:

Letter to ANPR:
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    I think it got lost in another thread, but here's my email exchange with the president of the ANPR... all typos and formatting preserved forever and ever:

Letter to ANPR:
    Lol, his argument on the crime point was that some communities are worse. What a joke.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Done.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Need more weekend exposure, please help by contacting your Senators. Thanks!!

Is one of your Senators supporting this ??

Look like the bill has hit a snag:

Saipan Tribune

The bill placing local immigration under federal control has fallen off track after it got mired in the gun control debate and national politics.

Gov. Benigno R. Fitial, citing reports from the CNMI's lobbyists in Washington, D.C., said the omnibus bill that includes the CNMI immigration federalization is seeing some delay in the Senate.

This happened after Sen. Tom Coburn reportedly proposed an amendment allowing guns in public parks-a controversial issue especially in an election year.

Fitial said the government does not know yet what will happen to the bill.

In an interview with KSPN, congressional staffer Allen Stayman said Coburn's amendment made what was once considered a “non-controversial” bill now controversial. He said it may prompt some senators who previously supported the package bill to vote against it.

Efforts to renumber the bill and thereby go around Coburn's amendment have failed. The Senate may defer action on the legislation until March 2008, Stayman said.

Good. Makes it sound like they can get the Coburn Amendment pushed through so people can get their other pet parks projects. I can only hope anyway.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

LOL... this is a real good one [sarcasm]

...There are many laws in our society that have been put in place to limit opportunity such as: Not everyone that speeds will cause an accident and hurt someone, but speeding laws help reduce the opportunity that accidents will happen; not every gun owner that climbs on to a commercial airplane is a terrorist, but preventing firearms on commercial planes reduces the opportunity that a terrorist will successfully use an airplane as a weapon....

They DIDN'T use guns and they DID use the Airplanes as a weapon Smokey!

And they don't outlaw getting into cars in order to prevent speeding either. He totally has no clue at all does he? What do you expect from a degree in Parks Recreation and Tourism, not Law... (my apologies in advance to you PRTM grads out there)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links