S.2483: Act Now! :MERGED

S.2483: Act Now! :MERGED

This is a discussion on S.2483: Act Now! :MERGED within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please write, call or e-mail your Senators regarding the Coburn Amendment to S.2483. Here's the short letter I sent my Senators: When the Senate considers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S.2483: Act Now! :MERGED

Post S.2483: Act Now! :MERGED

Please write, call or e-mail your Senators regarding the Coburn Amendment to S.2483.

Here's the short letter I sent my Senators:

When the Senate considers S. 2483, the National Forests, Parks, Public Land, and Reclamation Projects Authorization Act of 2007, please support the Coburn amendment that would allow legally carried guns in our National Parks.

The policy change sought by Senator Coburn should be supported.

/Signed/

If you need the name, address, or e-mail address for your Senators, look here:

U.S. Senate

Use the "Find" in the upper right hand corner.

Please do so now! We need to act!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    Here is what the Brady camp is sending out.....of course they oppose it!
    MORE GUNS IN NATIONAL PARKS PUTS VISITORS AT RISK
    Tell Your U.S. Senators to Protect Our National Parks: Oppose the Coburn Amendment

Dear XYZ,

A proposal facing action by the U.S. Senate would force National Park and National Wildlife Refuge managers to allow more loaded, hidden handguns in America's National Parks and Wildlife Refuges, endangering the public as well as wildlife.

Why are we putting hikers, campers, and families at risk by introducing loaded, hidden handguns into our National Parks? This proposal is a bad idea that the Senate should reject.

PLEASE CALL YOUR U.S. SENATORS TODAY!
    Tell Them "More Guns in National Parks Puts Visitors at Risk: Oppose the Coburn Amendment to S. 2483"
    Call (202) 224-3121 for the Capitol Switchboard
    Click Here to Look Up Your Senators' Direct Numbers

Under current federal law, firearm possession and transportation in our National Parks is carefully regulated. But Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, an ally of the gun lobby, plans on offering an amendment to a broader bill on public lands issues that would weaken the reasonable gun restrictions on federal lands adopted in 1982 by the Reagan Administration.

Given the heightened security risks in the post-9/11 world, as well as contemporary concerns about poaching on federal lands, we find the Reagan Administration regulation to be both necessary and appropriate.

Tell your Senators to stand with the Association of National Park Rangers, the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, and the U.S. Park Ranger Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police, who recently stated: "Senator Coburn’s amendment will make poaching in parks even more prevalent than it already is, thus reducing the opportunity for children, families, and Americans from all walks of life to easily view wildlife that so many parks provide."

Don't allow Senator Coburn to change federal law to expand the carrying of loaded guns in our National Parks!
    Don't you like the way they are invoking Reagan's name to give themselves credibility......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Please write, call or e-mail your Senators regarding the Coburn Amendment to S.2483.

Here's the short letter I sent my Senators:

When the Senate considers S. 2483, the National Forests, Parks, Public Land, and Reclamation Projects Authorization Act of 2007, please support the Coburn amendment that would allow legally carried guns in our National Parks.

The policy change sought by Senator Coburn should be supported.

/Signed/

If you need the name, address, or e-mail address for your Senators, look here:

U.S. Senate

Use the "Find" in the upper right hand corner.

Please do so now! We need to act!
    Sen Coburn is one of my Senators but I have taken the time to write Sen Inhofe asking for his support. (Which I'm sure he will anyway.)

I like to ask my folks in Congress to vote my way even if I think they alreay will. Nice to give them a little encouragement! I also sent Sen Coburn a nice "thank you" letter too.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Done x 2! Thanks for the heads up!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I would encourage everyone to send Sen Coburn a thank you email to help encourage him to keep up the good work.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

1943 - 2009
    My Montana Senators have both signed on in support of this amendment.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Here is the text of the Amendment from Sen. Coburn. Great reading.
    http://coburn.senate.gov/public/_fil...tybill3967.pdf
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

Exclamation

If he may allow me to speak on his behalf, our member BlackPR spent a ton of time and effort supporting this.

Let's get behind it big time and make sure the Brady Bunch don't overwhelm our Senators with their nonsense!

Thanks!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

National Park Firearms Carry

Hi, in the next week, the U.S. Senate may consider bill S-2483. This bill would allow state law to govern firearms carry and transportation in National Parks and Wildlife Refuges, which we can't do right now. I am asking everyone to contact their U.S. Senators. Be polite and short and sweet and ask them to please support this bill as you support it. For more contact info including how to get to the Senators websites where you can email direct see these: www.nraila.org/Media/PDFs/kempthorne_ltr.pdf also NRA-ILA :: Legislation Please help to get this passed this year while we still can. Thanks for any help....Stargazer

Done in FL x 2.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Lead Moderator
    Sent to my Senators too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I searched the 280 page bill on Thomas - it didn't contain the words firearm, gun, or transport. The letter asks the Secretary to change a policy, put into effect by the Reagan era James Watt. Is there an amendment about firearms to this bill?

Took the time. Thanks.

National Park Firearms Carry

Here is the other link that I received from the NRA. www.nraila/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id3437 This would have an amendment attached to S-2483.
    Last edited by stargazer; February 9th, 2008 at 09:23 AM.

S-2483; Merged

Bump fpr exposure and help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links