Vice President Signs Supreme Court Brief Pushing for End to D.C. Firearms Ban - Page 2

Vice President Signs Supreme Court Brief Pushing for End to D.C. Firearms Ban

This is a discussion on Vice President Signs Supreme Court Brief Pushing for End to D.C. Firearms Ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Miggy And this is the document At the end of the document you will find a list of those who signed them. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vice President Signs Supreme Court Brief Pushing for End to D.C. Firearms Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    And this is the document

At the end of the document you will find a list of those who signed them. Contact your respective senator and/or representative and thank them!
    Great! Both of my Senators and my Congressman signed it!

Time to send out the thank you notes!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    My Senator signed (D) - no word from the other one (R). This is the first thing I've heard from or about Cheney since the MSM started going all election - all the time.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member

if---

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    "Cheney joined more than 300 senators and representatives" supporting 2A
    "Seventeen Democratic lawmakers and District of Columbia Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton urged the court to uphold the ban."

Too bad it's not up for a vote.

IF 300 Senators and Representatives really supported 2A, they would long ago have changed lots of Federal law and this issue wouldn't now be before the Surpreme Court.

IF all of the so called "conservative" judges that have been appointed really believed in 2A, restricitve gun laws would have been struck down by now.

There is a lot of posturing, but not a lot of deeply held belief.

Good for the VP. I'm glad he has some stones. My Congressional Rep. And Senators are on board. Why, I wrote to them and they wrote back saying that they agreed. Go OK!
    Maybe someday Sheeple will thank them and all who battle for their safety and Freedom.

VIP Member
    Really good to hear this from our VP. Rarely hear anything at all about him.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Well, I just shot off my first emails to Senator Voinovich (OH, R) and Congresswoman Schmidt (OH, R) thanking them for supporting the cause. I also sent an email to Senator Brown (OH, D) about his lack of support. I'm not holding my breath in that these messages will make much of a difference, but one of my new years resolutions was to be more active in politics, and this seemed as good a time as any to get started.

Now if only Ron Paul could get nominated....I know, bit of a pipe dream at this point. But what an awesome dream...
    Last edited by lacrosse50; February 10th, 2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: edited for typo's. Me no rite so good, or spel good.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Good job!

VIP Member
    And, imagine that, McCain actually signed it too!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    And, imagine that, McCain actually signed it too!
    And isn't that truely unbelievable - he knows where a good many votes are. Good for the V.P. whatever the motive.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

VIP Member
    I got at least one answer back.

Dear Mr. Miggy:

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun rights. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to respond to your concerns.

In 1976, the City Council for District of Columbia passed legislation that effectively banned handguns in D.C. This restriction has been challenged in the court system and now the Supreme Court has agreed to review the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, in District of Columbia v. Heller.

When our Founding Fathers drafted the Constitution, they included the Second Amendment to guarantee people the right to keep and bear arms. It is my belief that the right to bear arms is an individual right that should be afforded the same protection as any other individual right in our Constitution. The Second Amendment is a fundamental part of our American identity, and I will work with my Senate colleagues to ensure that this liberty is protected for all law-abiding citizens. I can assure you I will keep your comments in mind as we proceed with related gun control legislation in the 110th Congress.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. If you have any additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me. In addition, for more information about issues and activities important to Florida, please sign up for my weekly newsletter at United States Senator Mel Martinez :: Welcome.

Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
    United States Senator
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links