GunOwner vs. AARP

GunOwner vs. AARP

This is a discussion on GunOwner vs. AARP within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Answer from AARP re: gun-control. Instructor Listings - Second Amendment Sisters Inc....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GunOwner vs. AARP

Answer from AARP re: gun-control.

Instructor Listings - Second Amendment Sisters Inc.

I do not support AARP. I have known of this anti-gun position and it infuriates me.

AARP must change its position before I will support them in any manner.

Ever since I started getting their mailings I take the postage paid envelope, and packing tape. Stick some #9 shot on the tape the size of the envelope and fold over to hold in place, insert in envelope and drop in the post office mail box, sans a return address. I know, kinda childish but I enjoy it.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I do not support AARP. I have known of this anti-gun position and it infuriates me.

AARP must change its position before I will support them in any manner.

I have been getting the AARP garbage for over a year now wanting me to join. I refuse to participate. Their own political views places the elder community at risk to criminals. You would think they would want to strengthen the gray community by supporting the right to protect. Instead they only breed more victims by selling their community a false sense of security. I'll stick to the NRA. I get discount through them. My wife wonders why I wont join. I've tried to explain with little success. Oh well.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

They polled their members and of course they got the results they did because very few pro gun people will join or give them money. I have sent answers back saying no thanks due to their gun position. Now I just toss it or right return to sender and drop back in the mail slot.

Senior Moderator
    Why AARP refuses to acknowledge that the people that they cater to are at the age that the NEED a gun is ridiculous.

A good percentage of our CHL classes are people that would belong to AARP if they weren't so anti- defense.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Mainly the elderly eat the pablum delivered up by the MSM. All the stories are slanted to terrorize the average person that "guns go off" and that "guns cause crime".

You hear the lies often enough and you can easily start to be a "believer".

Then they ask the questions on a survey (probably slanted to the results they desire) and "surprise!" they get the results posted in the letter above.

They do the same thing with Social Security and other issues. If you saw their garbage when President Bush proposed privatizing part of SS you'd think that everyone >50 was going to lose all their benefits . . . when the real proposal would allow those younger than 50 to invest their own money INSTEAD of paying part of SS. Nobody older than 50 was going to feel any impact at all.

"Truth in advertising" certainly isn't the AARP way.

The last line...

I particularly like they way the letter subjectively dribbles on for three pages and ends with:

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your views.

AARP is run by a bunch of young liberals that figured out how to scam older folks out of their money. Some of the lowest of the lowest. I am now old enough to get their stuff and I will never join. I just feel bad for the older block of voters that don't know enough to ignore them.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

"They polled their members and of course they got the results they did because very few pro gun people will join or give them money."

They claim that they polled their members. Actually they never did that. I return their envelopes with several steel washers in them.

Write Them

Send an email and inform the AARP with your opinion.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    Send an email and inform the AARP with your opinion.
    BTDT. It's a total waste of time and energy.

I've written letters and sent e-mails to the AARP more times than I can count, demanding that I and my wife be removed from their mailing lists. Doesn't do a whit of good. We still get their junk mail, 2, 3 times a week, it seems. I just toss it in the trash.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I like the idea of using their SASE to mail "crap" back to them. It wastes their time and money.

A shockingly bad organization who's only true agenda seems to be making money off of their victims, oops, I mean members.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I joined AARP because it was self serving,with that said,I do hope to participate in one of the poles regarding firearms.Sometimes it's good to sleep with the enemy and become the voice of reason.I want to vote in that poll!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links