crumbling society

This is a discussion on crumbling society within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I in no way wish to offend anyone but i cant stop thinking that as our societys norms sink lower and lower our 2nd amendment ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crumbling society

crumbling society

I in no way wish to offend anyone but i cant stop thinking that as our societys norms sink lower and lower our 2nd amendment rights will become more and more endangered. Lately in the news their has been a rash of high publicity shootings most of which make no sense at all, 15 yr old kills entire family etc. were anti depressants a factor in this inexplainable shooting as in so many others. i dont know how many times ive met my sons freinds who own firearms yet have never recieved any training , these young men have been raised usually by a single parent usually a mother, what my sons and i know as basic firearm safety is totally foreign to them. I guess what my point is, is that i fear for for all my rights not just the 2nd , as i fear for my childrens future as well as the future of our country.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by blaise View Post
    I in no way wish to offend anyone but i cant stop thinking that as our societys norms sink lower and lower our 2nd amendment rights will become more and more endangered. Lately in the news their has been a rash of high publicity shootings most of which make no sense at all, 15 yr old kills entire family etc. were anti depressants a factor in this inexplainable shooting as in so many others. i dont know how many times ive met my sons freinds who own firearms yet have never recieved any training , these young men have been raised usually by a single parent usually a mother, what my sons and i know as basic firearm safety is totally foreign to them. I guess what my point is, is that i fear for for all my rights not just the 2nd , as i fear for my childrens future as well as the future of our country.

I've been thinking the same thing. These high profile shootings are killing our side and showing the lack of training in society.

thanks

thanks for the reply, its good to know i'm not alone.

Senior Moderator
    Yep...society is on the slide down.

I just came back from Walmart and am totally convinced.

However...
    There are more people carrying guns now than at any time in history. Those people arent about to give up their ability to protect themselves very easily.

For every story that is plastered all over the news for weeks at a time, there are a multitude of self defense storys that we never hear about. Dont beleive everything you hear from the news media. They would have you beleive that owning a firearm is going the way of the dinosaur, when gunshops all over the country are doing a brisk buisness.

Somebody is buying guns and ammo.

As for fearing for the future of your children....you should. If you dont, then you arent paying atttention.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    +1

It doesn't look good does it?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Senior Moderator
    Yeah, history tells us that any society that embraces immorality doesnt last very long.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

I feel the same way. I worry what kind of country my grandkids will inherit.

I hope they don't have to learn to speak Arabic.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Senior Moderator
    Nah. More than likely they'll need to learn to speak Spanish for everyday use and Chinese for business purposes.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    One path to this fate is the fact that we have taken the belief personal responsibility away. It is the mentality that it isn't the man with the gun that goes on a rampage, it is the gun that does the killing. If we or a business fails it is not our fault but somebody else's so therefore the government is here to build us back up.

The average lifespan of a democracy is only around 200 years, partially due to more populistic agendas that emerge in democracies. I guess Arnold J. Toynbee said it best when he stated "Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder."
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Senior Moderator
    "Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder."
    Yep. That about covers it.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Well, part of it is media sensationalism, blood gives ratings, and its a hot topic issue in the media, so that accounts for part of it. There have always been crazy killers, but not nearly as much national media. Crime has actually been going down lately. (thats the sociologist in me talking.)

At the same time I am surrounded every day by the best the current generation has to offer, and it looks good from there. Don't worry Sgt. I'm learning arabic now so that your kids won't need to. But we will still need their generation to put up its best to continue the fight, as I am sure you are aware.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Anybody remember from their history classes about the end of the Roman Empire?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Yeah destroyed themselves from the inside...until they were too weak to fight outside invaders. Also for a bit they attempted paying the invaders to not invade. Didn't work out quite so well for them in the end though.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    +1 Buckeye! If it bleeds, it leads. Yeppers....someone is buying guns and ammo at a staggering rate - hence the hefty price increases and alledged "shortages." I believe the anti's forgot how the pro's swept Washington in 1994, due largely because of the gun control issue. It is incumbent upon all of us in here to teach the next generation(s) and our friends and associates about our firearms heritage and get them involved in the shooting sports. Failure to pass the torch will, in fact, seal the Second Amendment's fate in the future.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    It is my opinion that we as a Society (Society not individuals on this forum) have begun to rely on others to raise our childern.

We expect Schools to instill social values, but we don't want teachers to Discipline our childern.

We sit our childern in front of the TV because we are to "busy" to play with them. We complain about volience and vulgarity on TV but do not turn the darn thing off.

We rely on medication to control our childern instead of parents.

The problem with our Society is Society. If we want it to change, then we must change it.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links