Attempt at Ammo Ban (Ammo Serialization) in Arizona!

This is a discussion on Attempt at Ammo Ban (Ammo Serialization) in Arizona! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Unbelievable! See details here: Dustin's Gun Blog: Unbelievable - Attempt at Ammunition Ban in Arizona!...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attempt at Ammo Ban (Ammo Serialization) in Arizona!

Attempt at Ammo Ban (Ammo Serialization) in Arizona!

My Blog: Dustin's Gun Blog

Memberships: NRA USCCA SAF GOA AZCDL NWSA

According to the National Safety Council, we are more likely to die in a bicycle accident or plane crash than an accidental gun shooting. We should ban bicycles & planes before banning guns.

2. Remove Ads

Great... now when I get there I'll have to lug all of my ammunition along with me. Come on AZ residents, please jump on this.

Last edited by pgrass101; February 13th, 2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Took out @$%^&* *&^%$@#

Actually if you did that they'd probably throw you in jail for being an illegal ammo dealer because you would have too much ammo on you to be a casual ammo user
    My Blog: Dustin's Gun Blog

Memberships: NRA USCCA SAF GOA AZCDL NWSA

According to the National Safety Council, we are more likely to die in a bicycle accident or plane crash than an accidental gun shooting. We should ban bicycles & planes before banning guns.

Mississippi is trying to push that same law through the house. They say it is to help LE.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Great... now when I get there I'll have to lug all of my ammunition along with me. Come on AZ residents, please jump on this.

We're working on it! I emailed my Reps last night and got a great responce back.
    ArizonaShooting.com :: View topic - Ammo Ban bill filed!‏

And this from the state that's home to Dillon Precision. I've got to believe that Mike Dillon is all over this as this bill would effectively put reloaders out of business. I don't think it's any small coincidence that these bills have all surfaced in what I tend to think of as "gun friendly" states. Tennessee, then Mississippi and now Arizona. These yahoos are thinking that if they can get one rural state to go along with this nonsense, a whole bunch of others will follow suit. Have no doubt about it, I'm afraid that a lot of us are going to see this crop up in our own home states and we need to jump on this like ugly on an ape. This legislation would have devastating effects on the shooting sports. Please, if one of these bills pops up in your home state, don't assume that it's such an asinine piece of legislation that it can't possibly pass. Get on your legislators immediately and let them know that this cannot be allowed to happen.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Good on everybody for quickly contacting your government reps and letting them know what you think. If this ever shows up in Ohio I'll be sure to do the same. I can only hope that it doesn't slip through somewhere else, making it's adoption that much easier for all the other states....

I still don't understand the "but THEY are doing it!" mentality. If someone jumped off of a bridge......all the politicians would follow.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Assistant Administrator
    Can we say - once more - "creeping incrementalism"?

Seems like it to me and as ever, the real sense or logic within such proposals is non existent. Crazy - is one of the more polite words to consider
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

They should be less concerned about serial numbers on ammo and more concerned about their border with Mexico. What a time waster.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Doesn't surprise me. I think we are going to see many more attempts to either effectively outlaw ammunition or make it so expensive that most of us won't be able to afford it.

They have filed HB3359 in Washington State to do the same thing. I have notified my Reps and senator in Olympia my feelings and urged them to vote against it.

I believe this is a consentrated effort by the Pro-Crime groups to limit guns to the Law abiding people.

I would recomend anybody in a state that is trying to pass such a law to notify your reps in the state gov how you feel about the laws.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I didn't hear about that in WA. I'll have to contact my representatives. And probably stock up on ammo. I don't know why I don't have thousands of rounds sitting around yet.

Writing my senator/reps right now...anyone who has info to help shoot this down let me know.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    You've got to be kidding me. There is no way this will pass. The funding ALONE to build the database would be astronomical. My God... Walmart can barely keep ammo in stock during the warmer months!!

They have to keep the record on file for 3 years? Ha! Yeah right. This would bankrupt the state. Do these sponsors have any idea how much ammo is sold here?! If it drives up the cost of ammo and subsequently kills the entire hunting industry here the state will take a huge hit financially.

My letters are going out right now. This is.. well.. its almost the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I can understand why they might think this is a good idea but wow. Theory and practice are two different things. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and politicians. Which is really like saying the road to hell is just paved with politicians.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; February 14th, 2008 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

hmmmm lets see.... they are all Democrats. Why am I not surprised?
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I am a democrat (please don't yell at me) .... and even I find this outrageous, insulting and STUPID!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links