Be advised what your kids are being taught in public school about handgun violence.

This is a discussion on Be advised what your kids are being taught in public school about handgun violence. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is one sided Brady Bunch B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please inquire on you children's school violence education.... ArizonaShooting.com :: View topic - Brady gun control taught in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be advised what your kids are being taught in public school about handgun violence.

Be advised what your kids are being taught in public school about handgun violence.

This is one sided Brady Bunch B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please inquire on you children's school violence education.... ArizonaShooting.com :: View topic - Brady gun control taught in DVUSD-Updated 2/6

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Wow...that is an outrage. When reading the material, it seemed aimed at elementary schoolers. Then I read it was being preached to highschoolers.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

VIP Member
    What do you expect coming from a school?
    Gun safety should be taught in schools with no bias either way.

First of all excellent,

and you’re fully within your rights to have input as to what your child is taught.

Being married to an educator, my recommendation is to make an appointment to speak with the school board while they are in session. Your questions, and concerned are now way over the Principles pay grade.

God bless,

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Wow. I think for the first time I actually just wished I was back in high school so I could confront this cirriculum. Unbelievable. Thanks for this heads-up. That guy has his head in the right place with requesting support from DPS and AZG&F.

I remember Eddie the Eagle coming to my 3rd grade class to teach gun safety. It was great!!! Everyone responded really well to it. Too bad all the school systems now see it as "propaganda." Gun safety, not "2nd Amendment Re-Education," should be taught in Civics and US History classes. I'd love to see safety and rifle marksmanship as a graded subject in public schools like knowledge of the rest of the amendements.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

I know it is a long read but well worth it if you want to have any say in your kids cirriculum regarding guns. I have hand it to "AZsavage" on the way he is handling the situation. I hope more people read this and investigate into what propaganda is being forced down our childrens throats.

I am a public school teacher in one of the best districts in Florida. My two cents? Homeschool or send your kids to private school. They won't come home with an ideology that's not yours and they'll probably even get educated to boot! Even if you don't understand all the subjects, you're better off homeschooling since many public school teachers don't know much about teaching.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Bravo!

I 100% support your involvement on this issue and truly hope that your concerns help the teaching body re-evaluate just what they SHOULD be teaching in the classroom!

I myself have 2 young boys, one just entering the school system and one onoly a coulpe years behind, and I am right on top of what is going on in school and fully intend to have open and frank discussions with my boys about what is right and wrong. We will hopefully always have open discussion about what is being taught and I hope to instill upon them the same values that you yourself have fought hard for in your school district!

Keep up the good work!!!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

In many respects, all public school students are being are being left behind, largely pureed into only shadows of the citizens they could be.

Your tax dollars hard at work.

Kudos for speaking up and getting involved. If only all parents would, it could turn the tide and fix these problems.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If one has the temperment, time and motivation, home schooling really is the best alternative. A goodly number of the kids that are ready for college are not from the public schools. It isn't for everyone, but if values and having a firm base of what is right is important, home education may be the answer.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    It's very unfortunate that kids today are taught to stick their heads between their legs and kiss their rear ends goodbye. I was taught to do that in grade school, but really didn't take it to heart thank goodness. If I ever have kids, I will teach them the cold hard facts about guns, and teach them to respect them rather than fear them.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Agree w/everyone. Public schools recieve way more $$ per student than private schools do,yet test scores are significantly higherfor private(and home-schoolers). Why? The public schools don't concentrate on reading,writing,math,exc., only propoganda like this along w/showing 5 year olds "safe sex," techniques.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!! Read the thread it has been updated. They pulled the curiculim from the District!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's changed some with the times, when I was in highschool ( grad. in 1972) we all hunted before school and took our guns to school and left them in our trucks so we could go hunt'n right after school. Thought nothing of carry'n a new gun to class to show it to our teachers, worked on them in shop class, etc.; when I went to the University of Arkansas in the 70's we kept guns in our dorm rooms. Times have changed.

Every time I read something like this I'm thankful that I and my kids ( and grandkids in a couple of years) go to a small (500 K-12) rural school. I know and grew up with most of the teachers here, almost all hunt and fish and are pretty Conservative. Deer season is still a valid excuse to miss school (teachers and kids). They still build gun cases for fund raisers in shop class every year. It ain't like it was, but it's better than most places.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

Quote Originally Posted by samh View Post
    I know it's changed some with the times, when I was in highschool ( grad. in 1972) we all hunted before school and took our guns to school and left them in our trucks so we could go hunt'n right after school. Thought nothing of carry'n a new gun to class to show it to our teachers, worked on them in shop class, etc.; when I went to the University of Arkansas in the 70's we kept guns in our dorm rooms. Times have changed.

Every time I read something like this I'm thankful that I and my kids ( and grandkids in a couple of years) go to a small (500 K-12) rural school. I know and grew up with most of the teachers here, almost all hunt and fish and are pretty Conservative. Deer season is still a valid excuse to miss school (teachers and kids). They still build gun cases for fund raisers in shop class every year. It ain't like it was, but it's better than most places.
    Those kind of scholls are sadly slipping away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links